XAT 2023 exam is expected to be held on the first Sunday of January 2023, i.e. January 1, 2023. XAT exam is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur every year for admission to MBA/ PGDM courses. XAT 2023 Registration will begin with the release of the official notification tentatively in August 2022.
- To appear for XAT 2023, candidates must have a 3 yr bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Also, there is no upper age limit to take XAT exam. Check XAT Eligibility Criteria
- Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply for XLRI admissions based on their GMAT scores.
- XAT 2023 exam will have 101 questions: 100 MCQs from 4 sections- Decision making (21), Verbal & Logical Ability (26), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (28), General Knowledge (25), and 1 subjective-type question in the essay writing section. The duration of the exam will be 190 minutes. Check XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- As per the marking scheme, 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Also, 0.10 mark per question will be deducted after 8 unattempted questions. Check XAT 2023 Syllabus
- To begin preparation for XAT 2023, candidates are advised to download and solve XAT previous years’ question papers to get familiar with the pattern and get an idea of the difficulty level and type of questions asked. Check XAT 2023 Preparation Strategy & Books
What is XAT Exam? XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude Test. XAT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur to provide admission to MBA/ PGDM courses. XLRI has been conducting XAT exam for 70+ years on behalf of XAMI. XAT exam is one of the most sought-after by MBA aspirants as XAT score is accepted in more than 700 colleges across the country including XLRI, 95 XAT Associates, and the 12 XAMI member institutes.
XAT 2022 Latest Updates
XLRI has released the GD/PI shortlist for admission to its PGDM BM, HRM, and Ex-PGDM courses. Candidates need to log in on the official website to check the same on their dashboard. Also, candidates can upload their documents till midnight Feb 16, 2022. GD/PI rounds are expected to begin for the shortlisted candidates in the last week of February 2022. XAT Cut off for the PGDM BM program is 93 and 90 percentile for male and female candidates respectively. For the PGDM HRM program, the cut off ranges between 87-92 percentile. Check XAT 2022 Selection Process
XAT 2023 Exam Dates
|Releasing of official notification||Last week of July 2022|
|XAT Registration Begins||First week of August 2022|
|XAT Registration Last Date (Without Late Fee)||First week of December 2022|
|XAT 2022 Admit Card Release Date||Last week of December 2022|
|Release of official XAT Mock Test||Last week of December 2022|
|Last Date to Download XAT Admit Card||January 1, 2023|
|XAT Exam Date||January 1, 2023|
|Validity of GMAT/ GRE Score||December 1, 2016, to December 31, 2021|
|XAT Response Sheet||First week of January 2023|
|XAT Answer Key||First week of January 2023|
|Declaration of XAT result||Third week of January 2023|
XAT 2023 Highlights
|XAT Full form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|XAT Exam Conducting Body||XLRI (Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur)|
|XAT Exam Level||National|
|XAT Exam Mode||Online|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQs carrying 1 mark each + 1 Essay (250 words)|
|Number of Sections in XAT exam||5 (3 in Part 1 and 2 in Part 2)|
|XAT Exam Syllabus|| |
|XAT Exam Duration||190 minutes (165 minutes for Part 1 and 25 minutes for Part 2)|
|Mode of XAT Application Form||Online only|
|XAT Application Fee|| |
|XAT Minimum Eligibility Criteria||3 year’s bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university|
|Courses Offered||MBA/PGDM/Executive Diploma|
|Total Intake in XLRI Jamshedpur||180 seats each for PGDM BM & HRM programs|
|Number of Attempts||No Restriction|
|XAT Official Website||xatonline.in|
|Helpline||+91 6576653203, +91 6576653204, email@example.com|
XAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To fill XAT Application forms, candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria defined by XLRI.
- Nationality: Indian citizens can apply for XAT 2023. Also, foreign nationals can apply for admissions based on their GMAT scores.
- Graduation: It is mandatory to have a 3 years bachelor's degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: There is no minimum aggregate marks criteria in graduation to apply for XAT 2023 exam.
- Age: There is no upper age limit criteria to appear for XAT 2023.
- Final Year Students: Final year students can also apply for the exam provided they complete their graduation by June 2022 and submit their scores to the respective colleges.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of times a student can take the exam.
XAT 2023 Registration Process, Fees, and Documents Required
Every year around 1 lakh candidates register for XAT exam. XAT Registration is the first step in seeking admission to PGDM/ MBA courses offered by more than 160 XAT Score Accepting Colleges like XLRI, XIME, XIMA, XIMB, etc.
- XAT 2023 Registration process will be completely online and the application forms will be released on the official website- xatonline.in.
- XAT 2023 Application window will be open for 4 months from the first week of August 2022 till the first week of December 2022.
XAT 2023 Application Process and Fee
Knowing XAT 2023 registration process is essential to ensure zero-error completion of the application process. The steps to register for XAT 2023 are given below for your reference:
New Candidate Registration: Generate User ID and Password
Candidates need to create their login credentials- XAT ID and Password on the official website- xatonline.in by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
- Enter the basic details- email, name, contact number, etc., and submit the form.
- Your XAT ID and Password will be displayed on the screen. Note it down for all future correspondence.
Fill XAT Application Form
Login using the credentials generated in the previous step to fill XAT application form 2023. The application form will have to be filled for the following details:
- Personal Details: Date of Birth, Category, Nationality, Names of Parents, Permanent/ Current Address, Contact details.
- Academic Details: Class 10th marks, class 12th marks, graduation and postgraduation scores, professional degree/ course details.
- Work Experience Details: Full-time work experience details till March 31, 2022.
- XLRI Program Preference: Candidates willing to apply for XLRI programs need to submit their choice of program- Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM), Fellow Management Program.
- XAT Exam City Preference: Candidates can select 2 XAT exam cities from the drop-down list based on their convenience.
Scanned images of the following documents need to be uploaded while filling XAT application form:
- Photograph: Recent photograph in JPG/ JPEG format. File size should not be larger than 80kb. The recommended dimension is 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature: Signature done in black ink on white paper. File size should not be more than 80kb. The recommended dimension is 140 x 60.
Pay XAT Application Fee
XAT Application Fee needs to be paid online via Debit card, Credit card, UPI, Net banking, online payment wallets.
|Particulars||XAT Application Fee|
|XAT Registration Fee||INR 1800 (+300 for candidates interested in XLRI programs)|
|Late Registration Fee||INR 2050 (+500 for candidates interested in XLRI programs)|
|Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT||INR 2500|
|NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT||INR 5000|
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
As per XAT Exam Pattern 2023, the question paper will be divided into 2 parts having a total of 101 questions. It is extremely important to go through the detailed XAT exam pattern to develop a sound preparation strategy.
- Mode of Exam: XAT is conducted in online CBT mode at test centers located across 70+ major cities of India.
- Medium of XAT Exam: The test is conducted only in English.
- XAT Exam Duration: 190 minutes (3 hours 10 minutes)- 165 minutes for Part 1 and 25 minutes for Part 2
- Number of Questions: 100 MCQs and 1 essay question.
- Number of Sections: 5 sections divided into 2 parts. Part 1 comprises 3 sections- Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation. Part 2 comprises 2 sections- General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
- XAT Marking Scheme: 1 mark awarded for every right answer and 0.25 marks deducted for every wrong answer.
- Sectional Division of Questions:
|Parts||Section of XAT Exam||No. of Questions||XAT Time Duration|
|Part 1||XAT Decision Making||21||165 minutes|
|XAT Verbal & Logical Ability||26|
|Part 2||XAT GK||25||25 minutes|
|XAT Essay Writing||1|
XAT 2023 Marking Scheme
XAT Marking scheme has not undergone any major changes in the past 2 years. It is recommended to take note of the important points regarding XAT 2023 Marking Scheme:
- Each MCQ carries 1 mark. For every incorrect response, 0.25 marks are deducted.
- A unique feature of XAT exam marking pattern is the deduction of 0.10 marks for every unattempted question after 8 unattended questions.
- The Essay is evaluated only for the candidates shortlisted for the PI round.
- There is no negative marking for the GK section. GK scores are not considered while calculating the final XAT scores.
XAT 2023 Syllabus
|XAT QA-DI Syllabus||Number System, Work & Time, Probability, Geometry, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination, Percentage & Ratios, Mixtures & Alligation, Algebra, Profit and Loss, Speed & Distance, Quadratic Equations, Logarithm, Surds & Indices, Statistics, Trigonometry, DI Graphs, Tables & Charts.|
|XAT Decision Making (DM) Syllabus||Business Decisions, Analytical Reasoning, Ethical Dilemma, Situational Conditions, Grouping Test, Data Arrangement Test, Decision Making in a situation|
|XAT Verbal & Logical Ability Syllabus||Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Para Completion, Vocabulary, Grammar, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms & Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Odd One Out, etc.|
|XAT GK Syllabus||Static GK and Current Affairs: Politics, Economics, History, Geography, Sports, Business Affairs, National & International Affairs, and States, etc.|
|XAT Essay Writing||A short essay of 250 words on any topic- current affairs, social & economic issues, abstract, science & technology, business & management-oriented topics, etc.|
XAT 2023 Preparation Strategy and Books
XAT 2022 exam will be held in January 2023, hence there is ample time for XAT 2023 aspirants to prepare well for the exam. XAT exam is considered to be even tougher than CAT exam, thus, preparations should begin early to cover the vast and dynamic syllabus. Given below are the section-wise preparation tips and strategies for XAT 2023 along with some of the most recommended books for XAT preparation.
XAT 2023 Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation Preparation
XAT 2023 Question paper will comprise 28 questions from various topics of the QADI syllabus. The major tips to ace XAT QADI preparation are as follows:
- Study and Revise basic concepts and formulas like important ratio-percentage conversion ratios, quadratic equations, squares and square roots, cubes and cube roots, divisibility rules, remainder theorem, permutations, and combinations, and probability.
- Make it a habit to practice at least 20 questions every day to ensure consistency and build retention power.
- Refer to online study platforms like Unacademy, BYJUs, T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, IMS Learning, etc. to study regularly, to clear doubts, and to learn short tricks and formulas
- Choose any good Quant & DI book for XAT preparation by Arun Sharma, NK Sinha, RS Aggarwal. Focus on your weak areas and practice questions on these daily.
- Practice sectional as well as full-length XAT mock tests and sample papers.
- For XAT DI preparation, solve at least 2-3 DI sets every week from different types of data sets including, pie charts, bar graphs, line graphs, tabular data, and caselets. To overcome the problem of time management in solving DI questions, it is extremely important to be aware of the important ratio-percentage conversions.
XAT 2023 Verbal & Logical Ability Preparation
XAT 2023 Verbal & Logical Ability will comprise 26 MCQs- about 4 RC passages, 2-3 poem-based comprehensions, 2-3 para jumbles, 4-5 critical reasoning questions, and miscellaneous grammar and vocabulary based questions. The most important tips to keep in mind for XAT VALR preparation are given below:
- To increase vocabulary, refer to the book titled’ Word Power Made Easy’ by Norman Lewis and also read at least 1-2 newspaper/ magazine/ online articles.
- To learn grammar concepts and practice questions on error detection, para jumbles, fill in the blanks, refer to some of the most recommended VA books like VARC by Ajay Singh, How to Prepare for VARC by Arun Sharma, and Objective English by SP Bakshi.
- To increase the reading speed for RC passages, firstly start reading short passages (300-400 words) from reference books and gradually increase the length of the passages.
- Also, to decipher the core idea of the RC passages, it is extremely important to understand the tone of the passage. The most commonly asked tones are: argumentative, didactic, narrative, informative, cynical, satirical, technical, etc.
- Solve as many sample papers and online quizzes as possible to be able to practice maximum type of questions.
XAT 2023 Decision Making (DM) Preparation
There is no particular study material or method to prepare for XAT DM section. However, candidates preparing for XAT 2023 must keep in mind the following tips to prepare for XAT Decision Making section:
- The best way to prepare for this section is to solve XAT previous year question papers. What is more important is to analyze your answers and the correct answer to figure out the approach for answering such questions accurately.
- Based on the analysis of previous year papers, it is seen that more than 50% of the questions were related to business decision making and the rest were based on ethical dilemmas. So, it is important to solve previous year papers to get an idea of what to expect in XAT 2023.
- Do not let your bias affect your answers as you are required to choose the best alternative from the given options.
- To answer questions on ethical dilemmas, first, try to understand the ethics of the given situation and avoid choosing passive options.
XAT 2023 GK Preparation
XAT GK forms part 2 of XAT question paper and comprises 25 questions from static general knowledge and current affairs. The most important points to keep in mind while preparing for XAT 2023 are mentioned below for your reference.
- For Static GK, refer to any good book like Lucent’s GK, Manorama Year Book, Arihant’s GK, etc.
- Read newspapers (The Hindu, Indian Express, Economic Times), Magazines (Frontline, Business Line, Yojana), and online news articles to stay updated with the current events of national and international importance.
- The most important step is to take notes of daily current affairs to ease last-minute revision.
XAT 2023 Preparation Books
The list of section-wise best books for XAT 2023 preparation is given below:
|Section||Name of the Book||Author/ Publisher|
|QADI||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for QA for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|Quantum CAT||S K Verma|
|Verbal & Logical Ability||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|How to Prepare for VARC for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Decision Making||Jabbing the XAT||R K Jha|
|XAT Solved Papers||Gautam Puri|
|Target XAT Simplified Edition||Disha Experts|
|GK||Manorama Year Book||Mammen Mathew|
|Lucent’s Objective GK||Lucent Publications|
|General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
XAT 2023 Preparation: Online Coachings and Resources
Preparing online for competitive exams has become the new normal due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are plenty of resources available online to prepare for MBA exams, especially XAT and CAT.
- Online education platforms like Unacademy, Gradeup, and BYJUs provide excellent courses, live lectures, and study materials.
- Top MBA coaching centers like T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, IMS Learning also provide online preparation courses with mock tests and sample papers.
- Many Youtube channels are there for practicing GK questions and revising daily current affairs.
XAT 2023: Previous Year Exam Analysis
The difficulty level of XAT 2022 was higher than other MBA exams like CAT and NMAT. XAT Exam Analysis has been provided for XAT 2023 aspirants to help them get an idea of the important topics, difficulty level of questions, and the type of questions that they can expect. This will help in devising a clear and strategic plan of preparation.
|Section Name||No of Questions||Distribution Of Questions||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|| ||Easy-Moderate||18-22|
|Decision Making||21||7 DM passages with 3 MCQs each||Moderate||16-18|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28|| ||Difficult||15-17|
|General Knowledge||25||Mixed Questions on Static GK and Current Affairs||Difficult||10-11|
|Essay||1||Any 1 of the given 2 topics had to be attempted: ||-||-|
XAT 2023 Admit Card
XAT 2023 Admit Card will be released by the exam conducting authority tentatively in the last week of December 2022. It will be available for download on the official website- xatonline.in.
- XAT 2023 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket will be issued to successfully registered candidates only.
- XAT Admit card will contain all important information related to the exam center, exam time, reporting time, and exam day instructions. Check XAT 2023 Exam Centers
- Without a printed copy of the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
How to Download XAT Admit Card 2023?
- Visit the official XAT website and log in using your XAT login ID and password generated at the time of registration.
- Click on the Download Admit Card link.
- Your Admit Card will be downloaded and displayed on the screen.
- Take the printout of the admit card and save it for future reference.
XAT 2023 Cut off: Expected and Previous Year Cut offs for XLRI and Other Top Colleges
XAT Cut off is the minimum XAT percentile score required to participate in the PGDM/ MBA selection process of XLRI and other XAT score accepting colleges. XAT Cut Off varies for different colleges depending on various factors- seat intake, number of eligible candidates, preferred field of study, and the difficulty level of XAT exam. Given below is the expected XAT 2023 Cut off for XLRI and other colleges along with the previous year cut offs.
XAT 2023 Cut off for XLRI (Expected)
XAT Cut Off for XLRI Jamshedpur ranges between 91 to 95 for BM and HRM programs. Also, the cutoff is different for male and female candidates.
XLRI XAT Cut off 2023 for HRM Program
XAT 2023 Sections
|XLRI XAT 2023 Expected Cut off for HRM|
|Male Engineering||Male Non-Engineering||Female Engineering||Female Non-Engineering|
|Overall XAT Cut off||91-95||89-92||90-93||85-90|
XLRI XAT Cut off 2023 for BM Program
|XAT 2023 Section||XLRI XAT 2023 Expected Cut off for BM|
XAT 2023 Cut off for Other Colleges (Expected)
|XAT College||Expected XAT Cut Off Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar||90+|
|Institute of Management Technology(IMT), Ghaziabad||90+|
|Great lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||80+|
|Goa Institute of Management||85+|
|FORE School of Management||85+|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||75+|
XAT Previous Year Cut off
Going through XAT previous year cut offs is essential to get an idea of what can be expected this year. Given below is XAT cut off 2022 & 2021 for XLRI BM and HRM courses.
XAT Cut off 2022 for XLRI’s PGDM-BM Program
|XAT Section||XAT Cut off for Male Candidates||XAT Cut off for Female Candidates|
XAT Cut off 2022 for XLRI’s PGDM-HRM Program
|Category of Candidate||XAT VALR Cut off||XAT DM Cut off||XAT QA Cut off||Overall XAT Cut off|
XAT Cut off 2021 for XLRI’s PGDM-BM Program
|XAT Section||XAT Cut off for Male Candidates||XAT Cut off for Female Candidates|
XAT Cut off 2021 for XLRI’s PGDM-HRM Program
|Category of Candidate||XAT VALR Cut off||XAT DM Cut off||XAT QA Cut off||Overall XAT Cut off|
XAT 2023: XLRI Courses, Fees, and Seat Intake
|XLRI Program||Program Fee (in INR lakhs)||Seats|
|2 years Full-Time Flagship PGDM (Business Management)||23.6||180|
|2 years Full-Time PGDM (Human Resource Management)||23.6||180|
|Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)||-||15|
|Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EXEC-FPM)||10.18||30|
|Part-time & VIL(Virtual Interactive Learning) (Certificate Program)||1.60||-|
XAT 2023 Result
XAT 2023 Result will be released in a scorecard format by XLRI Jamshedpur in the third week of January 2023.
- To download XAT result from the official website, candidates would need to enter their XAT ID and Password on the official website- xatonline.in.
- XAT Result will be valid for 1 year from the date of its release.
- XAT Scorecard will mention the personal details of the candidate along with the overall and sectional scores.
- It must be noted that XAT 2023 scores of the GK section will not be considered for the calculation of the final XAT Cut off percentile. It will be of value only during the final selection rounds.
XAT 2023 Selection Process
XAT 2023 Selection Process will begin after the declaration of result in the third week of January 2023. XLRI does not carry out a centralized selection process, hence, every XAT score accepting institute follows its own selection process and criteria.
- XLRI XAT selection process will include GD-PI rounds. Only candidates shortlisted on the basis of XAT cut offs will be called for GD-PI rounds.
- Post the conclusion of the PI round, XLRI will prepare the final merit list based on various parameters: XAT 2023 score, XAT GD-PI scores, work experience, past academic scores, and GK & Essay section scores. Read XAT GD-PI Preparation
- The weightage assigned to XAT score & GD/PI scores in the preparation of the final merit list will be 60% & 25% respectively.
Other Institutes may either follow a similar or a distinct selection process depending on their seat intake and allotment criteria.
XLRI Jamshedpur Placement Statistics
XLRI has completed the placements for the 2022 batch for PGDM BM and PGDM HRM programs with a 100% placement record. Here is a brief summary of the placement statistics in XLRI Jamshedpur for the 2022 batch:
- Consulting firms made offers to 24% of the candidates.
- Gaming & Online Services, ITES, E-Commerce constituted 27% of the roles offered to the students.
- Sales & Marketing accounted for 25% of the offers made.
- Amazon, PayTM, ITC, BCG, Accenture Strategy, and Microsoft made the highest number of offers.
|Percentage of Students who received Pre-placement Offers||40.28%|
|Median Salary||INR 29 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 30.73 LPA|
|Highest Domestic Offer||INR 60+ LPA (BFSI Domain)|
|Highest International Offer||INR 58.5 LPA (S & M Domain)|
|Top 10th Percentile Average Salary||INR 48.42 LPA|
|Top 25th Percentile Average Salary||INR 41.2 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||ITC, Paytm, Accenture, Freshworks, Microsoft, American Express, Amazon, Swiggy, PWC|
XAT 2023: Top Score Accepting MBA/ PGDM Colleges
Find below the list of top XAT 2023 Score Accepting MBA Colleges.
XAT 2023 Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. When will XLRI release the official notification for XAT 2023 exam?
Ans. XLRI will most probably release the official notification for XAT 2023 in July 2022 on the official website- xatonline.in. As per previous year trends, XAT 2023 exam will be conducted on Jan 1, 2023.
Ques. Is XAT exam tougher than CAT?
Ans. Yes, XAT is tougher than CAT. As per students and experts alike, the difficulty level of the questions asked in XAT Quant, DI, and Verbal Ability are tougher than those asked in CAT. Furthermore, XAT has two sections, namely GK and Decision Making, which are not a part of CAT syllabus and this adds to the difficulty level of XAT.
Ques. How many candidates take XAT exam every year?
Ans. On an average, XAT exam is taken by 75000-80000 candidates every year. In 2022, around 90000 candidates appeared for the test as many missed their chance in 2021 due to the pandemic. However, in the previous years (2021-2019), not more than 80000 candidates have appeared for the test.
Ques. Does XLRI also offer MBA courses apart from its PGDM programs? Are the PGDM programs offered by XLRI at par with MBA?
Ans. No, XLRI does not offer MBA programs. It only offers 2 years full time AICTE approved PGDM programs in Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM). However, these are duly recognized as MBA equivalent by the AIU. Apart from these, XLRI also offers a 15 months full time PGDM (General Management) program.
Ques. How much is XAT 2023 application fee?
Ans. XAT Application fee is INR 1800 (+300 for every XLRI program). Also, XAT application fee is the same for all candidates irrespective of their gender, caste, and category.
Ques. Is there any sectional time limit in XAT exam?
Ans. XAT Question Paper comprises 101 questions divided into 2 parts . For the 3 sections in Part 1 (75 questions)- Decision Making, Verbal & Logical ability, and QADI, 165 minutes are given in total. There is no division of time between these 3 sections in Part 1. For attempting the GK and Essay Writing sections in Part 2, 25 minutes are provided.
Ques. Will IIMs accept XAT 2023 scores?
Ans. No, IIMs will not grant admission on the basis of XAT 2023 exam scores. IIMs will only accept CAT scores for admission. However, XAT 2023 score will be accepted by other top management schools across the country like XLRI Jamshedpur, XLRI Delhi, XIM Bangalore, SPJIMR Mumbai, GIM Goa, KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, XIME Bangalore, TAPMI Manipal, XISS Ranchi, etc.
Ques. Is there any restriction on the number of attempts for XAT?
Ans. No, there is no restriction on the number of times you can attempt XAT exam. XAT is conducted once every year. Hence, candidates can take XAT every year provided they fulfill the other minimum eligibility criteria mentioned in the article above.
Ques. Does XLRI release different XAT cut offs for BM and HRM programs?
Ans. Yes, XAT cut off varies depending on the XLRI programs- BM and HRM. Also, the cut off for these programs differs for males and females, engineers and non-engineers. The cut off for XLRI programs usually ranges between 91-95 depending on the above categories of candidates.
Ques. Are there sectional cut offs for XLRI admission through XAT?
Ans. Yes, XLRI releases sectional XAT cutoffs. Candidates need to secure the minimum marks in each of the sections along with the overall cutoff. If candidates are unable to meet the sectional XAT cut offs, they are ineligible for admission to PGDM-BM/ HRM courses offered by XLRI.
Ques. Which are the 12 XAMI Member Institutes that accept XAT scores for admission?
Ans. The 12 XAT Associate XAMI Member Institutes that accept XAT score for admission are tabulated below for your reference:
|XAT Associate XAMI Member Institutes||Location|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Chennai|
|Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago||Chicago|
|St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR)||Mumbai|
|St. Joseph's Institute of Management||Bengaluru|
|St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology||Mangalore|
|Xavier Business School (XBS), St.Xavier's University ,Kolkata||Kolkata|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University||Bhubaneswar|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||Bengaluru|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research||Mumbai|
|Xavier Institute of Development Action and Sciences (XIDAS)||Jabalpur (M.P)|
|XLRI Xavier School of Management||Jamshedpur|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service||Ranchi|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.