NMAT 2022 exam is expected to be held over 75+ days from the 2nd week of October to the last week of December 2022. NMAT exam is conducted by GMAC for admission to MBA courses offered by NMIMS and other NMAT score accepting colleges. NMAT 2022 Registration will begin with the release of the official notification tentatively in the first week of August 2022.
- To appear for NMAT 2022, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks in any discipline from a recognized university. Also, there is no upper age limit to take NMAT by GMAC exam. Foreign nationals can also apply on the basis of their GMAT scores. Check NMAT Eligibility Criteria
- GMAC provides eligible candidates to appear for NMAT exam 3 times in a given year (including 2 retakes).
- NMAT is a candidate-friendly exam as test-takers are allowed to schedule the date, time, and venue of the exam according to their convenience during the scheduling process. Check NMAT Scheduling
- NMAT 2022 exam will have 108 questions divided equally into 3 sections- Language Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Quant. As per NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern,the duration of the exam will be 120 minutes. There will be no negative marking and 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer. Check NMAT 2022 Syllabus
- To begin NMAT 2022 preparation, candidates must go through the previous year’s NMAT exam analysis to get an idea of the difficulty level and type of questions asked. Also, it is advised to download and solve NMAT sample papers to improve your time management and test-taking skills.
- Based on previous year cut offs, NMAT Cut off is above 95+ percentile for NMIMS Mumbai and 91+ percentile for NMIMS Hyderabad & Bengaluru campuses. For other top colleges like XIMB, VIT Vellore, SRM University, the cut off ranges between 90-95 percentile. Check NMAT Cut off
- Around 40+ B-schools in India and 25 colleges located in Philippines, Nigeria, Morocco, and South Africa accept NMAT scores and candidates can choose 5 colleges for admission during the registration process. Check NMAT Score Accepting Colleges
What is NMAT by GMAC exam? NMAT by GMAC is a national-level exam for admission to MBA/ PGDM courses offered by NMIMS and other top colleges that accept NMAT scores. Until 2015, NMAT was conducted by NMIMS and since then NMAT exam has been conducted by Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC).
NMAT 2021 Latest Updates
NMAT 2021 Result is released by GMAC after 48 hours of exam delivery. NMAT scorecard contains the scaled scores for each section on a scale of 12-120 and the overall score out of 360. Candidates who appeared for NMAT 2021 can download the same by using NMAT login and password. NMIMS and other colleges will soon release their cut offs as the exam has concluded and scorecards are out. NMAT 2021 Cut off for NMIMS is expected to be 95+ percentile for NMIMS Mumbai and 90+ for NMIMS Hyderabad & Bengaluru campuses. As per NMAT 2021 Selection Process, candidates who meet the overall and sectional cut offs will be called to participate in GD and PI rounds. Also Check NMAT 2021 College Predictor
NMAT 2022 Exam Dates
|Events||Starting date||Closing date|
|NMAT Registration (Early)||First week of August 2022||First week of November 2022|
|NMAT Late Registration||Second week of November 2022||Second week of November 2022|
|NMAT Exam Scheduling||First week of August 2022||Second week of November 2022|
|NMAT Rescheduling||First week of August 2022||Last week of December 2022|
|NMAT 2021 Exam Delivery||Second week of October 2022||Last week of December 2022|
|Registration Retake||Second week of October 2022||Last week of December 2022|
|NMAT Exam Date for Retake||Second week of October 2022||Last week of December 2022|
NMAT 2022 Highlights
|Exam Level||National Level Management Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC)|
|Testing Window||75-88 day test window|
|NMAT Exam Mode||2 modes: |
|Number of Questions||108 questions|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Sections||3 (Language Skills, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning)|
|Order of Answering Sections||Can be Decided|
|NMAT Exam Marking Scheme|| |
|Retake||2 opportunities to retake the exam|
|NMAT Colleges in India||40+ including NMIMS, SPJIMR, ISB, XIMB, VIT, ICFAI, Shiv Nadar, SDA Bocconi|
|NMAT Colleges Outside India||25 in Philippines, South Africa, Morocco, and Nigeria|
|Average Percentile Required for NMIMS Admission||90+|
|NMAT Application Fee||INR 2300/- (plus taxes)|
|Number of attempts||3 times a year|
|Courses Offered||MBA/ PGDM|
|NMAT Exam Centers||73 centers in 68 cities|
|NMAT Official website||mba.com/nmat|
NMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To fill NMAT Application forms, candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria defined by GMAC.
- Nationality: Indian citizens can apply for NMAT 2022. NRIs can apply for admissions provided they have valid GMAT scores (600+).
- Graduation: It is mandatory to have a 3 or 4 years bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: 50% aggregate marks in graduation are required to apply for NMAT exam.
- Age: There is no upper age limit to appear for NMAT 2022 exam.
- Work Experience: No prior work experience is required to fill NMAT application form.
- Final Year Students: Students in their final year of graduation can also apply for the exam provided they are able to submit their final mark sheet and provisional certificate at the time of admission.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of years a student can take the exam. However, in every exam year, candidates can appear a maximum of 3 times (including 2 retakes).
NMAT 2022 Registration Process and Fees
NMAT Registration is the first step for admission to MBA courses offered by NMIMS and other top colleges. Around 80000 candidates register every year for this exam. NMAT 2022 Application forms will be released online in August 2022 on the official registration website- register.nmat.org.
NMAT 2022 Registration & Scheduling Process:
It is extremely important to be aware of NMAT registration process to ensure smooth completion of the application. The steps to register for NMAT 2022 are mentioned below:
- New User Registration: Visit the official website- register.nmat.org and create a new user account by entering your name, valid email id, and phone number.
- Fill NMAT application form by providing the personal, academic & work experience details, choice of courses to send scores, and the ID proof details. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose the colleges/ b-schools to which you want to send your scores. You can choose any number of colleges from the list. However, for every additional college after the first 5 choices, an extra fee of INR 300 has to be paid.
- Uploading Photograph: Upload a scanned image of your recent passport size photograph. The file size should not be more than 1 MB and it should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- NMAT application fee payment: Pay the application fee using online payment modes- Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, VISA Card, Diners Club, UPI, or Mobile Wallets
- Once the payment is done, the ‘Book Exam’ tab will be active on the site for you to schedule your exam by choosing the exam mode, test center, and date & time of the exam.
- Choose Exam Mode: Select the mode of taking the exam (test center or home-based remote proctored) as per your preference. The option to schedule NMAT exam at test centers will be available only to Indian residents.
- ExamiSHOW: This step is to upload your government ID for photo identification. Capture a photo of your ID from your mobile or webcam and save it on your computer. Upload this image to the Examity Scheduling System
- ExamiKNOW: Select a maximum of 3 security questions from the drop-down list. Remember your answers to the security questions as 1 of these questions will be asked during the authentication process.
- Exam Appointment: Select the correct date and time zone to schedule your NMAT 2022 exam. Candidates in India should choose the time zone- UTC+05:30.
- ExamiKEY: Enter your full name and re-enter your first name and last name. Make sure to enter it correctly as this will be used for authentication on the exam day.
NMAT 2022 Application Fees
|Particulars||NMAT Application Fee|
|NMAT Registration (regular fee)||INR 2300 + applicable taxes|
|NMAT Late Registration||INR 2800 + applicable taxes|
|NMAT Retake Fee||INR 2300 + applicable taxes|
|NMAT Reschedule Fee||INR 1200 + applicable taxes|
|Choosing B-schools apart from the first five||INR 300 per B-school + applicable taxes|
NMAT Registration Statistics
80000+ aspirants register for NMAT exam every year and on average, about 90% appear for the exam. Given below are the statistics of NMAT applicants for the past few years.
|NMAT Exam Year||Number of Registrants|
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
As per NMAT Exam Pattern 2022, the question paper will comprise 3 sections (LR, Quant, and Language Skills) having 36 questions each. Going through the latest exam pattern is an indispensable part of developing a sound preparation strategy.
- Medium of NMAT Exam: It is conducted in the English language only.
- Mode of Exam: NMAT is conducted in 2 modes- home-based remote proctored mode and online CBT mode at test centers located across 68 major cities of India.
- Number of Questions: 108 MCQs. No descriptive questions are asked in NMAT exam.
- Number of Sections: 3 sections- Language Skills, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- NMAT Marking Scheme: 1 mark awarded for every right answer and there is no negative marking for incorrect and unanswered questions.
- NMAT Exam Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes). Also, there is a sectional time limit in NMAT exam.
- Sectional Time Limit & Division of Questions: Tabulated below is the section-wise division of questions and time for NMAT 2022 exam:
|Sections||Number of questions||Time Limit (in minutes)||Marks (Scaled Score)|
NMAT Exam Pattern Over the Years (2021-2019)
NMAT Exam Pattern has undergone a few changes in the number of questions and time limit since 2019. Given below are the key highlights of NMAT Exam Patterns over the last 3 years- 2021, 2020, and 2019.
|Particulars||NMAT 2021||NMAT 2020||NMAT 2019|
|Total Number of Questions||108||108||120|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours|
|Number of Sections||3||3||3|
|Type of Questions||MCQs||MCQs||MCQs|
|Section-wise Distribution of Questions|| || || |
|Sectional Time Limit|| || || |
NMAT 2022 Syllabus
|NMAT Exam Section||NMAT Syllabus Topics|
|NMAT Language Skills||Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Sentence Completion, Idioms & Phrases, Antonyms & Synonyms, Error Detection, Word Usage|
|NMAT Quantitative Skills||Arithmetic- Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Time Speed & Distance, Mixtures, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Averages |
Data Interpretation- Caselets, Tabular DI, DI sets based on Charts and Graphs
Geometry & Mensuration- Lines & Angles, Circles, Triangles, Polygons, Area & Volume of 2D and 3D figures
Algebra- Quadratic Equations, Series, Inequalities, Functions, Surds & Indices
Others- Numbers, Probability, Trigonometry, Logarithms, Data Sufficiency
|NMAT Logical Reasoning||Syllogisms, Puzzles, Critical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Statement & Assumption, Inference, Seating Arrangement, Ranking, Direction sense test|
NMAT by GMAC Official Guide
GMAC releases its official guide for NMAT exam every year on amazon.in. Candidates can buy the same for approx. INR 1000. The Kindle edition of NMAT Official Guide is cheaper. The key features of the guide are:
- Official source of information on NMAT exam pattern and format
- Exclusive 6 weeks study plan to help students in creating a preparation timeline.
- 220 previously asked questions and 145 new questions with detailed explanations.
- Extensive discussion on section-wise concepts, types of questions, examples, and tips & tricks to ace NMAT exam.
- NMAT official guide also includes 475 practice questions with answer keys and explanations.
NMAT 2022: Previous Year Exam Analysis
NMAT is comparatively easier than CAT and XAT exams. NMAT 2021 exam was of moderate difficulty and had a few tricky questions in each section. Previous year’s NMAT exam analysis has been given below to help NMAT 2022 aspirants get an idea of the important topics, difficulty level of questions, and good attempts. This is essential to prepare as per the requirements of the exam and avoid preparing for unnecessary questions.
- The difficulty level of the Language Skills section was higher than in 2020. Reading Comprehension accounted for 33.33% of the questions and was more difficult than Verbal Ability questions.
- Logical Reasoning was the easiest with 19 questions from verbal reasoning topics and 17 questions from topics of non-verbal reasoning like Input-Output, blood relations, ranking, seating arrangement, etc.
- Quant was the toughest. DI accounted for 15-16 questions in the paper and 12 questions were asked from topics of Arithmetic.
|NMAT Section||Number of Questions||Distribution Of Questions||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
|Language Skills||36|| ||Moderate-Difficult||25-27|
|Logical Reasoning||36|| ||Easy-Moderate||29-31|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||36|| ||Moderate-Difficult||22-24|
NMAT 2022 Admit Card
NMAT 2022 Admit Card will be available for download within 24 hours of completion of NMAT registration and exam scheduling on the official website- mba.com/nmat.
- The authorities will also send the link to download NMAT Admit Card on the candidate’s registered email id after the realization of NMAT application fee.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card by using their registration number and password.
- NMAT Admit Card will mention all important information related to the exam center, exam time, reporting time, and exam day instructions.
How to Download NMAT Admit Card 2022?
- Visit the official NMAT by GMAC website or click on the link sent on your email id.
- Log in using your application number and password
- Click on the download NMAT Admit Card link
- Your admit card will be downloaded in pdf format
- Save it and take a printout of it for future reference
After downloading the hall ticket, check your photograph and all the details carefully to make sure that there are no discrepancies. In case of any discrepancy, contact the helpdesk or email the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NMAT Exam Centers 2022
NMAT 2022 exam will be conducted in 73 test centers in 68 cities of India. Also, the exam will be conducted only in online proctored mode in 4 other countries- Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal. Given below is the region-wise list of NMAT 2022 test cities:
|Region||NMAT Exam Cities|
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Noida, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi, Ludhiana, Panipat, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad|
|West||Ajmer, Aurangabad, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara, Jalgaon, Kolhapur|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Coimbatore, Manipal, Madurai, Mangalore, Mysore, Vijayawada, Tiruchirapalli, Thiruvananthapuram, Vizag|
|Central||Bhilai, Gwalior, Ujjain, Bilaspur, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Durgapur, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Rourkela, Siliguri|
NMAT 2022 Preparation Strategy and Books
NMAT 2022 exam will begin in October 2022, hence there is enough time to prepare for the exam.
- To begin NMAT 2022 Preparation, one should go through the previous year's exam analysis and focus on covering the syllabus.
- One of the most important parts of NMAT exam preparation is solving overall and section-wise sample papers and mock tests.
Given below are the section-wise preparation tips and strategies for NMAT 2022 along with some of the most recommended books and online resources for NMAT preparation.
NMAT 2022 Language Skills Preparation
NMAT Language Skills section comprises 36 questions from Reading Comprehension, para jumbles, grammar-based cloze test & error detection, vocabulary, etc. The most important tips to remember for NMAT Language Skills preparation are given below:
- Read novels, journals, newspapers, magazines, educational books, or online articles on any topic to improve your reading speed, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- Be familiar with the different tones of the RC passages to be able to understand the core idea of the passage. The tone of the RC passage could be argumentative, didactic, narrative, cynical, technical, informative, sarcastic, satirical, etc.
- Learning and practicing basic grammar concepts is essential for scoring high in this section. For this, refer to 1-2 good books like Objective General English by S P Bakshi, High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin, etc.
- Practice 8-10 questions every day on para jumbles, cloze test, and error detection to build confidence in solving such questions.
NMAT 2022 Quantitative Skills Preparation
NMAT Quantitative Skills section comprises 36 questions- around 16 MCQs from DI and 20 MCQs from Arithmetic (P&L, Work & Time, speed, distance, ratio & percentage), Geometry, Algebra, Numbers, and other topics of Quant. The most important tips to remember for NMAT Quantitative Skills preparation are given below:
- Start with the basics. Study the topics that will help you throughout your preparation for Quant and DI. These include tables, ratio-percentage conversion, simplification, squares & square roots, cubes and cube roots, divisibility rules, remainder theorem, quadratic equations, permutations, combinations, and probability.
- This section requires speed and accuracy, hence, try and solve at least 20-30 questions every day without fail.
- Attempt sectional mock tests and sample papers in the time limit of 52 minutes. Review your performance after every mock test and work on your mistakes.
- To learn short tricks and formulas, refer to online study channels on Youtube, Unacademy, BYJU’s, etc.
- Refer to books by renowned authors like Arun Sharma, R S Aggarwal, Nishit K Sinha, and others. These books contain detailed explanations of concepts in an easy-to-understand language along with 100+ practice questions.
NMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Preparation
NMAT Logical Reasoning section has 36 questions of moderate difficulty. The questions are from various topics of Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning. Candidates must follow the below-mentioned NMAT Logical Reasoning preparation tips and strategies:
- The key to preparing for this section is practicing more and more questions of varying difficulty and type. Begin by solving the previous year's question papers.
- Solve at least 15-20 questions every day on syllogisms, blood relations, seating arrangement, and puzzles.
- Refer to books by Arun Sharma and R S Aggarwal for practicing 100+ questions on every topic.
- Join the test series offered by online education portals like Unacademy, T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, IMS India, etc.
NMAT 2022 Preparation Books
Given below is the list of most recommended NMAT preparation books:
|NMAT Section||Name of the Book||Author/ Publisher|
|Quantitative Skills||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for QA for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams||Abhijit Guha|
|Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|Quantum CAT||S K Verma|
|Language Skills||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|How to Prepare for VARC for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
NMAT 2022 Online Preparation Resources and Apps
There are various online preparation resources and apps available for NMAT exam preparation. Especially due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a shift to online preparation for competitive exams including CAT, MAT, XAT, and NMAT.
- Top NMAT coaching institutes like T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, IMS India, PT Education, etc. offer online preparation courses for NMAT.
- Popular MBA online education platforms like BYJU’s, Unacademy, Gradeup, Bullseye, etc. offer well-curated courses with live sessions, study materials, sample papers, and mock tests.
- There are numerous other apps for NMAT online preparation like MBA Test Prep, MBA Entrance, TCY Exam Prep, etc., that provide daily updates, solved questions, free practice papers, study notes, and much more.
NMAT by GMAC Official Test Preparation
GMAC provides 1 free and 2 paid NMAT practice exams to help students in exam preparation. These practice exams are in the same structure and format as the actual NMAT exam. The key features of this facility are mentioned below:
- 1 Free NMAT practice exam with 108 MCQs from past NMAT exams. 2 attempts are given for this test.
- Candidates can also buy 2 more practice exams with 108 questions each for INR 899.
- Scaled score is provided for every attempt to help you get an idea of your level of exam preparedness.
NMAT 2022 Result
NMAT 2022 Result will be released by GMAC in the form of a scorecard after the conclusion of the exam.
- Candidates will be able to download their scorecard by using their NMAT login and password generated at the time of registration.
- NMAT 2022 Scorecard will contain the candidate’s name, date of birth, application number, overall and sectional scaled scores.
- NMAT Result will be valid for 1 year from the date of release.
NMAT Score vs Percentile
Given below is NMAT score vs percentile analysis based on previous year cut offs. NMAT score vs percentile indicates the scaled score required to score equal to or above the particular NMAT percentile range.
|NMAT Score||NMAT Percentile|
NMAT 2022 Cut off: Expected and Previous Year Cut offs for NMIMS and Other Top Colleges
NMAT Cut off is the minimum percentile score required for MBA admission in NMIMS campuses and other NMAT score accepting colleges. Every college releases its own cut off depending on various factors like the difficulty level of NMAT exam, number of seats, choice of course, and the number of candidates who take the exam. Given below is the expected NMAT 2022 Cut off for NMIMS and other colleges along with the previous year cut offs.
NMAT 2022 Sectional Cut offs
Based on the analysis of previous year cut offs, the section-wise NMAT cut offs for NMIMS admission are given below for your reference:
|Section||NMAT Cut Off|
NMIMS NMAT 2022 Cut off (Expected)
NMIMS NMAT Cut off 2022 is expected to be in the range of 90-98 percentile for NMIMS Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad Campuses. For NMIMS Navi Mumbai and NMIMS Indore, the cut off ranges between 80-90 percentile.
NMAT Score Accepting Colleges and Cut off
|Top NMAT Colleges||NMAT Cut off Score/ Percentile|
|VIT, Vellore||200+ score|
|SRM University, Chennai||200+ score|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management||200+ score|
|BSE Institute Ltd, Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad||200+ score|
|Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida (Delhi NCR)||85+ percentile|
|SDA Bocconi, Mumbai||80+ percentile|
|IBS (ICFAI B-schools), Hyderabad & 9 other cities||75+ percentile|
|Alliance University, Bangalore||70+ percentile|
|Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad||160+ score|
|Amity University, Noida (Delhi NCR)||200+ score|
|Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh||150+ score|
|UPES, Dehradun||150+ score|
|ITM, Navi Mumbai||65+ percentile|
|GITAM Hyderabad Business School, Hyderabad||60+ percentile|
|BML Munjal University, Gurgaon||65+ percentile|
|Mody University, Sikar||180+ score|
NMAT 2022 Score Accepting Colleges Outside India
|Country||NMAT Score Accepting Colleges|
|South Africa|| |
NMAT 2022 Selection Process
NMAT 2022 Selection Process will begin after the declaration of NMAT cut offs in January/ February 2023. Every institute has its own selection process and GMAC does not carry out a centralized admission process.
- NMAT 2022 Selection Process will include GD-PI rounds. Candidates who clear the minimum sectional and overall cut offs will be shortlisted to appear for the GD-PI rounds.
- Post the conclusion of the PI round, the final merit list will be prepared based on various parameters: NMAT 2022 score, NMAT GD-PI scores, work experience, past academic scores, and gender diversity.
- Each participating institute will have its own admission criteria for final selection.
NMAT 2022 FAQs
Ques. When will GMAC release the official notification for NMAT 2022 exam?
Ans. GMAC is expected to release the official notification for NMAT 2022 in the first week of August 2022 on the official website- mba.com/nmat. As per previous year trends, NMAT 2022 exam will be conducted from the 2nd week of October to the last week of December 2022.
Ques. Is NMAT exam tougher than CAT and XAT?
Ans. No, CAT and XAT exams are comparatively tougher than NMAT. As per the analysis of previous year exams, it has been observed that the difficulty level of questions asked in NMAT is easier than CAT and XAT, especially in the Language Skills and Logical Reasoning sections.
Ques. Is there any sectional time limit in NMAT by GMAC exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a sectional time limit in NMAT by GMAC exam. The total exam duration is 120 minutes. Out of this, 52 minutes are allotted to Quantitative Skills, 40 minutes to Logical Reasoning, and 28 minutes to Language Skills.
Ques. Does NMAT exam have negative marking?
Ans. No, NMAT exam does not have the provision of negative marking for wrong answers. As per the marking scheme, 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer and no mark is deducted for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
Ques. How many times can I take NMAT exam in a year?
Ans. GMAC allows eligible candidates to take NMAT exam 3 times every year. This includes 2 retakes. Candidates must try to use all three attempts to improve their NMAT scores by registering for the exam as early as possible. The table given below provides the maximum attempts you can give based on your first attempt exam date. It is based on the previous year exam dates:
|NMAT Exam Date- First Attempt||Possible Attempts|
|Before November 24, 2022||3|
|November 24 to December 10, 2022||2|
|After December 11, 2022||1|
Ques. Will NMAT 2022 be conducted in 2 phases as last year?
Ans. GMAC may conduct NMAT 2022 in 2 phases this year as well depending upon the number of candidates who apply for the exam. Last year, NMAT was conducted in phase 1 from October 14 to December 27, 2021, and in phase 2 from January 11 to 15, 2022.
Ques. How much is NMAT 2022 application fee?
Ans. NMAT Application fee is INR 2300 (+300 for applying to every additional B-school). Also, NMAT late application fee is INR 2800 plus taxes and the rescheduling fee is INR 1200 plus taxes.
Ques. How many colleges accept NMAT scores for MBA/ PGDM admission?
Ans. NMAT scores are accepted by 43 colleges in India including all NMIMS campuses. NMAT scores are also accepted by 25 MBA colleges in the Philippines, South Africa, Nigeria, and Morocco.
Ques. How many questions will be asked in NMAT by GMAC 2022 exam?
Ans. NMAT by GMAC 2022 exam pattern will remain the same as that in the last year. Hence, NMAT 2022 exam will have 108 objective-type questions divided into 3 sections- Language Skills (36), Logical Reasoning (36), and Quantitative Skills (36).
Ques. Are there sectional cut offs for NMIMS admission through XAT?
Ans. Yes, NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) releases sectional NMAT cutoffs. Candidates have to mandatorily secure the minimum marks in each section along with the overall cutoff. If one is unable to meet the sectional NMAT cut offs, one is ineligible for admission to MBA courses offered by NMIMS Mumbai and other campuses.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.