MBBS Admission 2022 will commence after the NEET counseling 2022. In order to get admission to the MBBS course, candidates must appear for the NEET entrance exam. The NEET entrance exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The NTA will announce the NEET exam dates for MBBS Admission 2022 in March 2022. The NEET is the only National Level Entrance Exam accepted by the medical colleges in India to offer admission to medical courses. NEET is usually held in the month of September and the application process begins in July. NTA has revised the NEET Eligibility Criteria. The upper age limit to appear in NEET-UG has been scrapped.
Candidates are required to follow the minimum eligibility criteria to seek admission to the MBBS course in the Top Medical colleges in India. Candidates can check the application deadline of all the top medical colleges and entrance exam details in the article below.
Top MBBS Colleges: Application Deadline
In India, many top colleges offer an MBBS course. The names of the few top MBBS colleges in India are as follows:-
|College||Mode of Admission||Exam/ Registration Date|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||January 2022|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||To be announced|
|Christian Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||February 2022|
|Banaras Hindu University||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2022|
|Amrita School of Medicine||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||To be announced|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||March 2022|
|Kasturba Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||To be announced|
|King George's Medical University||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||To be announced|
MBBS Admission 2022: Entrance Exam Schedule
The tentative schedule for the MBBS Admission 2022 is mentioned below:-
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||September 2022|
|Release of NEET application form 2022||July 2022|
|Last date for submission of NEET application form 2022||August 2022|
|Correction window availability||August 2022|
MBBS Admission 2022: National Level Entrance Exam
MBBS course is offered in all the colleges based on the scores obtained by the students in the NEET examination. The exam is conducted in offline mode. The details of the examination are as follows:-
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency for the students who wish to pursue the MBBS course. The exam is conducted in the offline mode i.e pen and paper-based mode.
- Candidates must complete their 10+2 examination by securing a minimum 50% of marks from any recognized board.
- Candidates must have studied Chemistry, Physics, and Botany/Zoology as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Reserved category students are provided 10% relaxation (40% in class 12th).
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for this exam. However, candidates must be at least 18 years old to be applicable to apply for the NEET Exam.
Check: NEET preparation Tips
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
|Total No. of Questions||180|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for a correct Answer -1 for an incorrect Answer|
|Section-wise Questions||Physics-45 Chemistry-45 Biology-90|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Language||11 Languages (Hindi, English, Bengali, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Assamese and Gujarati|
MBBS Admission 2022: NEET Syllabus
NEET 2022 Syllabus will not change for the year 2022. The syllabus comprises topics from class 11th and class 12th syllabus. For 2022, there might be changes that the syllabus will be reduced.
|Physics Syllabus||Chemistry Syllabus||Biology Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Diversity in Living World|
|Kinematics||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants|
|Work, Energy and Power||Thermodynamics||Cell Structure and Function|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Equilibrium||Plant Physiology|
|Gravitation||Coordination Compounds||Genetics and Evolution|
|Thermodynamics||Organic Chemistry: Basic Principles & Techniques||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Atoms and Nuclei||P, d, f, s-block elements||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Optics||Environmental Chemistry||Ecology and environment|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Isolation of Elements||Human physiology|
MBBS Admission 2022: How to Apply?
MBBS admission process is based on the scores obtained by the student in the NEET exam. The processes to apply for the MBBS course is as follows:-
- Candidates have to complete the registration process online by logging in to the official website by entering a valid email id, phone number, and date of birth.
- Once the registration is complete upload all the necessary documents required to fill the application form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- After successfully paying the application fees, you will see a confirmation page. For future references, take a print of this page.
- The admit cards will be released for all the eligible students few days in advance. Candidates have to download the admit card from the portal.
- NEET examination will be conducted on the same date mentioned in the admit card.
- Based on the scores obtained in the NEET examination, students will be called for the counseling process.
Know More: How to Become a Doctor
MBBS Admission 2022: A Step-wise Guide
Let’s discuss below some of the important points that will help you to seek admission to the MBBS course:-
- All the students must get a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in their 10+2 examination.
- Start your preparation for the NEET examination well in advance.
- Work hard in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as it forms the major section of the NEET examination.
- Based on the scores of NEET examinations, shortlisted candidates are called for the counseling process.
- Accept the allotted college as per your score and pay the fees.
MBBS Admission 2022: Tips to Crack the Exam
To crack the NEET examination is not so easy. You must start preparing for the NEET examination one/two years before the examination will be scheduled. Below are some important preparation tips to crack the admission to pursue an MBBS course:-
- Follow a timetable: Prepare a timetable and try to follow that timetable till you appear for the NEET examination.
- Cover all the basics of each subject: To know the basics of each subject is very much important. Especially the basics of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology papers. As questions are asked mainly from these subjects.
- Study Material: Gather the correct NEET study material such as books, sample papers, question papers, and notes.
- Do regular practice: Cover all the syllabus and do regular practice. Try to collect previous years ‘question papers and find out the most repeated questions. The probabilities of asking the important questions are high which repeats every year.
- Appear in Mock Test: Attempt several mock tests and time yourself. NEET Mock tests will clear all your confusion regarding the examination and you will learn time management during the NEET examination.
- Prepare crisp Notes: Make handy notes while preparing for the exam. The notes will be very helpful for revision.
- Solve Previous Year Question Paper: Solve the previous year's NEET Question papers and NEET sample papers to have a clear understanding of the exam pattern and type of questions asked in the exam.
To get the Latest News & Updates about NEET 2022, Join Our Telegram Group.
MBBS Admission 2022: FAQs
Ques. What is the duration of the MBBS course?
Ans. The total duration of this course is 5.5 years. The duration of core subjects is 4.5 years and one-year compulsory Internships.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required for pursuing an MBBS course in 10+2 final examination?
Ans. More than 50% (40% for reserved category) is required in 10+2 to pursue an MBBS course.
Ques. What are the entrance exams, conducted for pursuing an MBBS course?
Ans. NEET is the only exam that is accepted to offer MBBS Admission 2022.
Ques. What is the average course fee for an MBBS course?
Ans. The average MBBS course fee is around INR 40,000 to 1, 50,000 per annum.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility for MBBS Admission 2022?
Ans. To seek admission to the MBBS course, a student must complete a 10+2 or 12th final year examination securing a minimum of 50% (40% for reserved category students) of marks from any recognized board with Chemistry, Physics, and Botany/Zoology as compulsory subjects.
Ques. Can I get jobs in a reputed hospital once completing this MBBS course?
Ans. Yes, you will get many new opportunities in various reputed hospitals may be government or private once you finish this MBBS course.
Ques. Is there any good college for pursuing an MBBS course in New Delhi?
Ans. Yes, you can pursue an MBBS course from the most reputed medical institution, AIIMS situated in New Delhi.
Ques. Can I pursue MBBS course after completing my BSc?
Ans. No, you cannot pursue the MBBS course after completing B.Sc. Once completing the 10+2 final year examination in the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects you apply for this course.