LLB Admission 2022 is done on the basis of an entrance exam in most colleges. Universities accept the score of any national or university-level entrance exam that a candidate has appeared for. Candidates can sit for any entrance exam such as CLAT, LSAT, etc. Registrations for CLAT 2022 are open till March 31, 2022 and for AILET are ongoing till April 07, 2022.
LLB or Bachelor of Legislative Law is a 3 to 5-year undergraduate law degree for anyone who wants to enter the field of judiciary and law. Some of the top entrance exams conducted to enroll students in LLB courses are CLAT, AILET, LSAT, etc.
There are several LLB colleges in India, which comprise many top national universities like Delhi University, BHU, Symbiosis Law School, etc. LLB Admission can be done through both entrance exams and based on the performance in class 12.
Top LLB Colleges: Application Deadline
|Name of the Colleges||Exam Conducted||Application Status|
|National Law School of India University, Bengaluru||CLAT||January 2022|
|NLU, New Delhi||AILET||January 2022|
|Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad||CLAT||To be Announced|
|IIT Kharagpur||IIT Kharagpur RAT||February 2022|
|NLU, Jodhpur||AILET||January 2022|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences||CLAT||January 2022|
|Gujarat National Law University||CLAT||To be Announced|
|Symbiosis Law School||SLAT||May 2022|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||JMI Law Entrance Test||April 2022|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha||KIITEE||To be Announced|
LLB Admission 2022: Entrance Exams
There are a list of entrance exams that are conducted for enrolling students for LLB courses. Below tabulated are the crucial dates for each entrance exam along with the other details for your reference,
|Name||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|CLAT||January 01 – March 31, 2022||May 08, 2022|
|AILET||January 25 – May 25, 2022||June 26, 2022|
|CUSAT CAT||February 08 – March 14, 2022||May 15 – 17, 2022|
|LSAT||October 18 - January 03, 2022||January 15, 2022|
|TS LAWCET||March 2022||August 2022|
|AP LAWCET||May 2022||July 2022|
|ILSAT||February 17 – May 21, 2022||May 28, 2022|
|MHT CET||May 2022||July 2022|
|SET SLAT||January 2022||May 2022|
|DU LLB Entrance Exam||June 2022||July 2022|
|PU LLB||June 2022||August 2022|
CLAT is a national level law entrance test taken by the National Testing Agency. The candidates who score above the cut off get a seat in one of the best National Law Universities in India.
Eligibility for CLAT
- There are no upper age limit
- Students should clear 10+2 from a recognized board
- They should have a minimum score of 45% aggregate or equivalent CGPA
TS LAWCET is a state-level entrance examination conducted by Osmania University. This entrance exam gives a chance for admission into the various reputed law colleges in the state of Telangana.
Eligibility for TS LAWCET
|3 year LLB||Graduation degree or something equal from a well known University with minimum 45% aggregate|
|5 year LLB||Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) or something of equal value from a recognized Board with minimum 45% aggregate|
|Nationality||Indian nationals who satisfy domicile status as said by Telangana State Educational Institutions, 1974 amendment.|
AP LAWCET is a state level entrance exam for law colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. AP LAWCET is held by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu for APSCHE.
Eligibility for AP LAWCET
- Passed qualifying examination in 10+2+3 format.
- A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam
MH CET is a state level entrance examination for various law colleges conducted in the state of Maharashtra. The main conducting body for MH CET is The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit present to appear in MHT CET 2022.
- Candidates must have passed HSC/class XII exam or some examination of equal importance with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
- Candidates giving the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) or the entrance exams conducted by the Symbiosis Institute (Deemed University) for admission into UG programs.
Eligibility for SET SLAT
- Class 12 (10+2) or equivalent examination passed from any recognized board
- Secured at least 45% marks (40% marks for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes)
DU LLB Entrance Exam
DU LLB entrance exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA on behalf of Delhi University for all the aspiring candidates in Delhi.
- Candidates must be Graduate/Post Graduate from any university under UGC.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying degree examination also are eligible to sit in DU LL.B.
- No candidate who has passed LL.B. course from any University shall be allowed to have admission.
- No candidate on the rolls of LL.B. or ex-student of any University shall be granted admission in DU LL.B. course unless they get their admission cancelled.
- Unreserved and EWS Category candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks or the same mark in aggregate within the qualifying degree examination while OBC/CW/PwD Category and SC/ST Category Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% and 40% marks respectively.
LLB Admission 2022: Eligibility
For LLB admission 2022 a candidate needs to fulfill the given criteria:
The student who is an LLB aspirant has to pass the 12th level education with any stream with a minimum of 35% marks from any well known state or central board of education which is the primary eligibility criteria of LLB entrance exams.
LLB Admission Process
LLB Admission process can be of two types:
- Merit Based: Some colleges generate their cut off list, and if one has scored within the asked criteria, then he or she becomes eligible to take admission in LLB course.
- Entrance Based: All the top LLB colleges like Osmania University, etc organize LLB entrances like TS LAWCET, AP LAWCET, SET SLAT, DU LLB, etc.
LLB Admissions 2022: Top Colleges
There are several top colleges across India who offer LLB courses, below mentioned are few of the top private and government law colleges for your reference,
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees|
|National Law School Of India University - [NLSIU], Bangalore||INR 2.14 Lakhs|
|University Of Delhi||INR 5,428|
|NALSAR University Of Law, Hyderabad||INR 2.42 Lakhs|
|The West Bengal National University Of Juridical Sciences - [NUJS], Kolkata||INR 243,600|
|National Law Institute University - [NLIU], Bhopal||INR 189,500|
|Symbiosis Law School - [SLS], Pune||INR 2.5 Lakhs|
LLB Admission 2022: FAQs
Ques. Can you pursue LLB from IGNOU?
Ans. No, a candidate cannot pursue LLB from IGNOU.
Ques. Ques. Which subjects are there in LLB?
Ans. The prime LLB subjects are Family Law, Constitutional Law, Banking and Insurance Law, Human Right Law, Private International Law, International Economic Law, Environmental Law, Election Law, etc. are some of the main subjects taught in LLB.
Ques. Which is a better option, 3 year LLB or 5 year LLB?
Ans.The aim of 5-year LLB is not different from the 3-year LLB programme. A 5 year LLB program also focuses on graduation level subjects apart from core law education. Candidates must have passed graduation with at least 45% marks.
Ques. Which is better LLB or BA LLB?
Ans. BA LLB is mainly a 5 year integrated course in Law. Whereas LLB, is a 3 year simple Bachelor of Laws program which you can pursue after you have completed your graduation in the field of study you prefer. BA LLB contains subjects of the Arts stream along with Law subjects.
Ques. What age should you be for doing LLB?
Ans. After the supreme court of India changed their decision of the maximum age limit of 20 years for taking admission to the 5-year integrated law degree, Bar Council of India took a decision to increase the upper age limit from 20 to 22 for 5-year LLB course , and from 30 to 45 for 3-year LLB.
Ques.Is Du LLB entrance 2022 hard ?
Ans. There are a total number of 2922 seats in the three law centres of DU. Many students will prepare for DU LLB 2020 taking the competition to the next level. In such a case, without preparation and planning it will be very difficult to crack the DU LLB 2020 exam.
Ques. Can you become a lawyer after 30?
Ans. Although many people go to law school shortly after college, it is possible to become a lawyer after 30. There are benefits of attending law school and becoming a lawyer later in life
Ques. Can I do LLB and BCom together?
Ans. B.Com + LLB is a five-year long UG program that is a combination of law and commerce studies. The course is divided into ten semesters made to provide students with knowledge of subjects of the commerce and business background along with different laws vital in a professional world.