IIT JAM 2022 Result has been declared by IIT Roorkee on the official website. Candidates who had appeared in the exam can log in with their registered credentials to check the result. The result mentions the name of the candidate, All India Rank, test paper code, registration number, marks scored, and category-wise qualifying marks. Check IIT JAM 2022 Result
- Eligible Candidates can submit application form for admission from April 11 to April 25, 2022.
- Based on the previous year’s cut offs, IIT JAM 2022 Cut off is expected to be 35-39 for biotechnology, 30+ for mathematics, 20+ for physics, and 15-20 for chemistry. Candidates who clear the minimum cut offs will be eligible for IIT JAM counselling.
- IIT JAM 2022 exam has been successfully conducted online for 7 papers on Feb 13, 2022, in 2 shifts- Biotechnology, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics from 9 am to 12 noon, and Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics, and Geology from 3 pm to 6 pm. Check IIT JAM 2022 Paper Analysis
What is IIT JAM Exam? IIT JAM is a national-level entrance test conducted for admission in MSc and other PG courses at IITs and integrated Ph.D. courses at IISc, Bangalore along with other government-funded institutes. IIT JAM is conducted every year in the month of February and based on IIT JAM scores candidates can get admission to various courses.
IIT JAM 2022 Highlights
|Exam||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.|
|Conducting Body||IIT Roorkee|
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Courses offered||M.Sc., M.Sc.+ PhD, M.Sc.+ PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc. + M.Tech and various other integrated post-graduate programs|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Eligibility Criteria|| |
General/OBC – Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree
SC/ST/PwD – Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s Degree
|Mode of Application||Online|
IIT JAM 2022 Important Dates
|JAM 2022 Activity||Date (Day)|
|JAM Online Application Processing System Website Opens|
|Last Date for Online Registration/Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website|
|IIT JAM 2022 Form Correction Start Date|
|IIT JAM 2022 Form Correction Last Date|
|Availability of JAM Admit Cards on the Online Application Portal (for Download and Printing)|
|Date of Examination|
|Release of Response Sheet||February 16, 2022|
|Release of IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key (Out)||February 21, 2022|
|Challenge IIT JAM Answer Key||February 21 to February 25, 2022|
|Release of Final Answer Key||March 17, 2022|
|Announcement of the Results||March 17, 2022 (Out)|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2022 Website||April 11 – 25, 2022|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 01, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||June 16, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||June 25, 2022 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Fourth and Final Admission List||July 05, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2022||July 11, 2022 (Monday)|
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Analysis
IIT JAM 2022 has been conducted on Feb 13 for all 7 papers in 2 sessions- BT, PH, MS in session 1 (9 am to 12 pm) and CY, EN, GG, MA in session 2 (3 pm to 6 pm). The paper-wise analysis of IIT JAM 2022 is given below:
|IIT JAM Section||Difficulty Level||Maximum Weightage Topics|
|Physics (PH)||Moderate-High||Electro Dynamics, Quantum Mechanics, Nuclear Physics, and Optics|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Moderate||Microbial cultivation, Microscopy, Chromosomal basis of inheritance, Biogenetics|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Moderate-High||Monotony, Testing of Aptitude, Sequence and Mass Functions|
|Chemistry (CY)||Moderate||Co-ordination Chemistry, MOT, Solid State, Organometallic Chemistry|
|Economics (EN)||Easy-Moderate||Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistical analysis, Numerical|
|Mathematics (MA)||Moderate-High||Linear Algebra, Partial Differential Equation, Variables, Calculus|
|Geology (GG)||Moderate||Paleontology, Planet Earth, Structural Geology|
IIT JAM 2022 Response Sheet
IIT JAM 2022 Response Sheets have been released on the login portals of the candidates. Candidates who have appeared for the exam can download their IIT JAM response by login into their accounts.
- Go to the official website of IIT JAM i.e jam.iisc.ac.in
- Login to your account.
- The code of the test paper, question paper, and the response for the paper for which you have appeared will appear on your screen.
- Check carefully and download the same in PDF format.
IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key & Question Paper
- IIT Roorkee has released IIT JAM 2022 Answer Keys on the official website on Feb 21, 2022.
- Candidates have been given the opportunity to raise objections against the answer key from Feb 21 to 25, 2022.
|IIT JAM 2022 Papers||IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key & Question Papers|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Check Here|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
IIT JAM 2022 Result
IIT JAM Result 2022 will be released on March 17, 2022.
- No scorecard will be sent to candidates through offline mode.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned as per the marks obtained in the examination.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in IIT JAM 2022, for each test paper, a separate merit list will be prepared for GEN/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Merit list will be based on the number of seats available in each subject and AIR of every candidate.
- The scorecard will contain AIR and marks obtained in the particular subject.
IIT JAM 2022 Toppers
IIT JAM 2022 Toppers list will be provided after the declaration of IIT JAM 2022 Result. Given below is the list of IIT JAM toppers for 2021.
|IIT JAM Subject||Topper Name||Scores Out of 100|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Sudarshan Bandyopadhyay||77|
|Chemistry (CY)||Prince Sethi||83.33|
|Economics (EN)||Chandrika Chatterjee||61.33|
|Geology (GG)||Shubham Banik||90|
|Mathematics (MA)||Gaurav Aggarwal||86|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Abhradipta Ghosh||83|
|Physics (PY)||Prince Vibek Baruah||86.33|
IIT JAM Cut off 2022
IIT JAM 2022 Cut off will be released separately for all the courses and categories depending on the choices filled by the candidates.
- Based on previous year cut offs, IIT JAM Cut off 2022 for the general category is expected to be between 35-40 for BT, 25-30 for MA & MS, 20-25 for PH & CY respectively.
- Till the release of the official cut off by the conducting body, candidates can check the previous year IIT JAM cut off 2021 mentioned in the table below:
IIT JAM 2022: List of Courses and Colleges Accepting Score
|Paper Code||Respective Course||List of IITs Accepting Score|
|Biotechnology(BT)||MSC Biotechnology||IIT Indore, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee|
|MSc-PhD Dual Degree in Environmental Engg||IIT Bombay|
|Chemistry (CY)||MSc Chemistry||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Dhanbad, Madras, Bhilai, Plakad, Varanasi|
|MSc-PhD in Chemistry||IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD in Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences||IIT Bhubaneshwar|
|Geology (GG)||MSc Applied Geology||IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee|
|MSc-PhD Geophysics||IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD Geology||IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bhubaneshwar|
|MSc Tech in Applied Geology||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad|
|Mathematics (MA)||MSc Mathematics||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar|
|MSc Economics||IIT Roorkee|
|MSc Applied Mathematics and Computing||IIT Hyderabad, IIT-ISM Dhanbad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bhilai|
|MSc-PhD in Mathematics||IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD in Operation Research||IIT Bombay|
|Mathematics Statistics (MS)||MSc Applied Statistics and Informatics||IIT Bombay|
|MSc Statistics||IIT Kanpur|
|Physics (PH)||MSc Physics||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Dhanbad, Madras, Bhilai, Plakad, Varanasi|
|MSc-PhD Physics||IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc Astronomy||IIT Indore|
IIT JAM 2022 Counselling
Below mentioned steps are to be followed in order to gain admission in IITs and make it through the stringent selection process.
- Fill Admission Form for IIT JAM Counselling – In case candidates qualify in more than one test paper, they have to fill only one admission form as stated by the conducting authorities. After filling out the duly filled admission form for counselling, a processing charge of INR 600 needs to be submitted.
- Admission List Announcement – An admission list will be declared by the conducting body IIT Kanpur when the admission form submission process gets over. The admission offer letter will be sent to candidates by respective colleges.
- Acceptance form needs to be submitted with an advance seat booking fee:
|Category||Seat Booking Fee|
|General OBC-NCL||INR 10,000|
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
In order to download their IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card, candidates need to enter all the mandatory details such as:
- issued Enrollment ID/Email ID
- security code and other credentials
In case any candidate has forgotten their enrollment ID or password, they can recover it through the “Forget Enrollment ID or Password” option.
Note: Check the details given on the admit card properly. In case there is any discrepancy on the admit card, contact the concerned authorities immediately.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Centers
IIT JAM exam centers are spread across the nation and divided as per these eight IIT zones where the exams are held each year –
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
- Carrying IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card along with a valid ID proof to the exam center is mandatory.
- Candidates reaching late at the exam center will not be allowed to enter the exam center.
- No need to carry any notepads or rough sheets to the exam center. Candidates will be given a scribble pad for rough work.
- Communication devices like Mobile Phones, Bluetooth, microphones, etc are not allowed.
- Items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap, etc are also not allowed.
- Food items opened or packed, water bottles, etc are not allowed inside the exam center.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Although the exam pattern vary as per the course opted by the candidate, here is a basic outline of the exam and type of questions asked in IIT JAM:
- Exam Mode: Computer-Based Test
- Medium: English
- Sections: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- No. of Papers: 6 or one for each stream
- Duration: Three hours
- No. of Questions: A total of 60 questions will be asked in the examination
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: In Section A only.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
JAM 2022 will be conducted for seven subjects, which are Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), and Physics (PH). Earlier only Biotechnology and Computer Application papers consisted of Objective Type Questions but the IIT JAM exam pattern has changed throughout the years and the exam is now known to be an amalgam of MCQs, MSQs and NAT Questions.
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus
No new additions have been made to IIT JAM paper pattern and syllabus in the past years. IIT JAM is set on a 10+2+3 level and comprises the following subject’s topics & chapters:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics|
|Chemistry (CY)||Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry|
|Geology (GG)||Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology|
|Mathematics (MA)||Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses|
|Physics (PH)||Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators|
Check the detailed subject-wise syllabus here, in order to get familiar with IIT JAM exam pattern.
IIT JAM 2022 Mock Tests
IIT Roorkee has released IIT JAM 2022 mock test window for all 7 subjects. Candidates can very easily access the mock tests as no login credentials are required to take the test. With the help of IIT JAM 2022 Mock Test applicants can get familiar with the online exam pattern and prepare for the actual exam.
- With the help of IIT JAM Mock Tests candidates can also calculate their scores and get an idea about the level of their performance
- After analyzing the performance, they can work on the areas which require improvement in terms of preparation and revision.
- Use all the tricks or shortcut methods that you have learned during the of preparation.
IIT JAM Question Paper with Answer Key PDFs: Subject Wise
|IIT JAM Question Papers||IIT JAM Answer Keys|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Download|
Year Wise IIT JAM Question Paper Links:
IIT JAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those wishing to appear in IIT JAM will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Citizens from Indian states and foreign nationals are eligible.
- Age Limit: There is no age restriction.
- Educational Qualifications: Must have a degree in Bachelor’s in Science in any one of the following subjects – Geology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics, Chemistry. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: At least 55% or 5.5 CGPA out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2022.
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form
IIT JAM 2022 Registration window has been closed on October 14, 2021. However, candidates can pay the online application fees till October 17, 2021. Important details to fill the online application form are mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IIT JAM
- Step 2: Enter all the required details in the form such as candidate Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details.
- Step 3: Correct the details which are wrong or you wish to change.
- Step 4: Fee Payment – Pay the fees online and submit your form.
- INR 1500 for 1 paper; INR 2100 for 2 papers (General/OBC)
- INR 750 for 1 paper; INR 1050 for 2 papers (SC/ST/PWD)
IIT JAM 2022 Form Correction
IIT JAM 2022 Form Correction window is available till Oct 25, 2021. The important details regarding the particulars that can be edited during the IIT JAM form correction window are mentioned below:
- Add/change Test Papers
- Change of data related to Exam City
- PwD/Dyslexic status
- Candidate’s Name
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Name
- University/College Name
- Year of Graduation
Changes for the following do not require Additional Fee:
- Candidate’s Name
- DOB and Parent’s/Guardian’s Name
- University/College Name
- Year of Graduation and Marks/CGPA.
Additional Fee for Addition or Change of Test Papers:
|Group/ Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee(₹)||Case||Additional Fee (₹)|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||₹ 750/-||One Test Paper||₹ 300/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||₹ 300/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||₹ 1050/-|
|All Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||₹ 1500/-||One Test Paper||₹ 600/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||₹ 600/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||₹ 2100/-|
Additional Fee for Changing Category or Gender Information:
|Existing Group/ Category||Change||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD (Group - 1)||Within Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper||₹ 750/-|
|Both Papers||₹ 1050/-|
|All Others (Group - 2)||To Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL (No fee will be refunded)|
Additional Fee for Change in Choice of Examination Cities:
|Group/ Category||Case||Additional Fees|
|All Categories||Change in choice of examination cities||₹ 300|
IIT JAM 2022 FAQs
Ques: What is the start date of IIT JAM 2022 Application process?
Ans: IIT JAM 2021 Application Form was released online on August 25, 2021 and the last date to fill the form was October 14, 2021.
Ques: When will IIT JAM 2022 Admit Cards be released by IIT Roorkee?
Ans: Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website from January 16, 2022.
Ques: For how many subjects is IIT JAM conducted?
Ans: JAM 2022 will be conducted for seven subjects, which are Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), and Physics (PH).
Ques: What is the eligibility criteria to appear in IIT JAM?
Ans: Candidates having a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 55% marks belonging to the General Category can apply for the exam. Aspirants from reserved SC/ST/PwD categories have a relaxation of 5% marks. Candidates appearing in their final year examination are also eligible to apply.
Ques: Can I apply to more than one test paper in IIT JAM?
Ans: Yes at the time of the Application form filling candidates can select up to 2 test papers to appear for. It should be kept in mind that there is no clash in time slots of both the papers. However, at the time of filling admission/counselling form candidates have to select one subject to fill their choice.
Ques: Do i need Maths as a subject in class 12th to appear for IIT JAM?
Ans: In most of the test papers out of 6, Mathematics is required as a compulsory subject to be eligible. Though candidates should make sure they fulfill the respective eligibility criteria of papers before applying.
Ques: Is there any benefit of appearing in IIT JAM?
Ans: IIT JAM is one of a kind science entrance test in India for admission to MSc courses in IITs and integrated MSc-PhD course in IISc Bangalore. Future prospects are also high in the field of specialization and research. Plus, there is cut-throat competition for PG courses in such prestigious institutes of national importance.
Ques: Can I get admission in IISER Bhopal through IIT JAM?
Ans: Yes, candidates whose name appears in the merit list of IIT JAM are eligible to get admission in IISER Bhopal. Though a common counselling process is conducted by IISER Bhopal and IISER Pune to final admissions.
Ques: Is class 12th Syllabus also incorporated in IIT JAM Syllabus?
Ans: Generally syllabus of IIT JAM is that of graduation level of the subject concerned. As mentioned in the official brochure Biotechnology syllabus covers up 10+2+3 level Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It is advised to brush up basics of intermediate as well for all 6 subjects to score well in IIT JAM.
Ques: In how many test centers is IIT JAM conducted?
Ans: On a rotational basis anyone IIT is responsible to conduct IIT JAM. It is conducted in over 65 cities across India. Candidates can select 2 exam center as their preference while filling the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.