GATE Latest Notifications
GATE 2022- IIT Kharagpur has announced GATE 2022 result on March 16, 2022 at 11:45 PM. Although GATE 2022 Result date was March 17, 2022, IIT Kharagpur released the result a day before the schedule. Candidates can check GATE 2022 Result on the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in through GOAPS using their email ID and password. IIT Kharagpur has also released the subject-wise GATE 2022 Toppers list. A total of 7,11,542 candidates appeared for GATE 2022 of which 17.82% have qualified i.e., 1,26,813 candidates.
- GATE 2022 Scorecards will be available for download from March 21, 2022. Only the candidates who have qualified GATE 2022 Cut off will be able to download their scorecards. Check GATE 2022 Scorecard
- IIT Kharagpur has also released GATE 2022 Cut off along with the declaration of result on the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in. GATE Cut off is the minimum marks required by the candidates to qualify GATE exam. Check GATE 2022 Cut off
- GATE 2022 Question Papers and the final answer key PDFs have also been released on March 17, 2022. No objections will be entertained against GATE 2022 Answer Key from now.
- The score calculation for GATE 2022 papers conducted in a single session is based on the actual/ raw marks scored while for papers conducted in multiple sessions, the score calculation is based on the normalization process. Check GATE 2022 Score Calculation
- Candidates can use Collegedunia’s GATE College Predictor to predict a list of IITs, NITs and GFTIs for M.Tech admissions based on their scores. Check GATE 2022 College Predictor
- GATE 2022 Counselling will begin tentatively in the last week of March 2022. GATE Counselling will be conducted separately for IIT and NIT through COAP and CCMT respectively. Check GATE 2022 Counselling
- Several PSUs have also started registration for the recruitment of engineers through GATE 2022 scores. Candidates can check details on GATE PSU recruitment for NTPC, GAIL, BHEL, etc. such as the number of vacancies, registrations, selection process, etc. Check PSU Recruitment through GATE 2022
|GATE Cut off for IITs||GATE Cut off for NITs||GATE PSU Cut off|
|GATE 2022 Result & Counselling Dates||GATE 2022 Question Papers||M.Tech Colleges without GATE|
GATE 2022 Exam Dates
GATE 2022 has been conducted successfully on February 5, 6, 12, and 13, 2022 in two sessions- Forenoon Session (09:00 – 12:00 hrs) and Afternoon Session (14:30 – 17:30 hrs). IIT Kharagpur releases GATE 2022 Result and Scorecards on the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Candidates can check the important GATE 2022 Exam Dates from the table below-
|GATE 2022 Events||Exam Dates|
|GATE 2022 Notification Release|
|GATE 2022 Registrations (without any additional fee)|
|GATE 2022 Registrations (with a late fee)|
|GATE 2022 Form Correction (with additional fee)|
|GATE 2022 Admit Card Release|
|GATE 2022 Exam Dates|
|Release of GATE 2022 Response Sheet|
|Release of Provisional GATE 2022 Answer Key|
|Challenge GATE 2022 Answer Key|
|GATE 2022 Result Declaration|
|Release of Final GATE 2022 Answer Key||March 17, 2022- Out|
|Publishing of GATE 2022 Cutoff||March 17, 2022- Out|
|Release of GATE 2022 Score Card (without any fee)||March 21, 2022 to May 31, 2022|
What is GATE exam? Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE is a national-level entrance test for M.Tech admission at IITs, NITs, IIITs, etc. conducted by IISc Banglore and seven IITs (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of NCB-GATE. The exam is also conducted for PSU recruitment (at BHEL, GAIL, HAL, IOCL, NTPC, ONGC, PGCI, etc.). GATE 2022 was successfully concluded on February 13. Out of all the 29 papers, only CE and ME were conducted in two slots. A detailed GATE 2022 Paper Analysis is available for all the sessions. Check Here
GATE 2022 Highlights
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Body||IIT Kharagpur|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test (Online)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subject Papers||29|
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject)= 65|
|Question Type||MCQ, MSQ, NAT|
|Applications Per Year||More than 8 Lakhs|
|Number of Exam Centers||206 in India and 6 abroad|
|GATE Helpline||(03222) 282091 / 95|
GATE 2022 Result (Out)
- GATE 2022 Result date was March 17, 2022. However, like last year, IIT Kharagpur has announced GATE 2022 Result on March 16, a day before the scheduled date. Candidates can expect GATE 2022 results to be announced anytime soon.
- Candidates can check their result online on the official website of GATE 2022- gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Only the aspirants who have qualified in the GATE Exam would gain access to download their score-card from March 21, 2022. GATE scorecard is valid for three years. Check GATE 2022 Score Validity
GATE 2022 Result- How to Check?
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the results page and click on GATE Result.
- GOAPS portal for GATE would appear.
- Fill in the login details on the portal.
- Click on the submit tab.
- GOAPS candidate dashboard for GATE would open.
- Click on the results section.
- Your GATE Result will be displayed on the screen.
GATE 2022 Toppers
- IIT KGP has released GATE 2022 Toppers list along with the result. The same will be updated here soon.
- A total of 7,11,542 candidates appeared for GATE 2022 of which 17.82% have qualified i.e., 1,26,813 candidates.
|Paper Code||GATE 2022 Toppers (AIR 1)||GATE 2022 Topper Scores|
|AE||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|AG||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|AR||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|BM||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|BT||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|CE*||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|CH||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|CS*||Abhinav Garg||To be Updated|
|CY||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|EC||Siddharth Sabhaarwal||To be Updated|
|EE||Gaurav||To be Updated|
|ES||Saurabh Singh Yadav||To be Updated|
|EY||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|GG||Satrughan Singh Choudhary||To be Updated|
|IN||Macherla Oranith Kumar||To be Updated|
|MA||Royal Pradhan||To be Updated|
|ME*||Nikhil Saha||To be Updated|
|MN||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|MT||Mohit Patidar||To be Updated|
|PE||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|PH||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|PI||Sourabh Patel||To be Updated|
|ST||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|TF||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|XE||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|XH||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|XL||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|GE||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|NM||To be Updated||To be Updated|
Previous Year GATE Result Statistics
GATE 2022 Cut off
- GATE 2022 cut off has also been declared by IIT Kharagpur along with the declaration of result for each of the 29 papers.
- There are two types of GATE Cutoff released
- The cutoff released by the authorities is the qualifying GATE cutoff, i.e., minimum scores required by candidates to qualify the GATE paper.
- Each of participating institutes release a separate admission GATE cutoff i.e., the minimum cutoff required for admission to the college.
- Candidates can check GATE 2022 Cut off in the table below for General, OBC, SC, ST and PwD category candidates
|Paper||GATE 2022 Cut off|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering (EC)||25||22.5||16.5|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||30.7||27.6||20.4|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||25.3||22.7||16.8|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||42.4||38.1||28.2|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||28.1||25.2||18.7|
|Geomatics Engineering (GE)- New Paper||40.4||36.3||26.9|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||30.4||27.4||20.2|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||46.2||41.5||30.8|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||33.4||30||22.2|
|Environmental Science and Engineering (ES)||40.3||36.2||26.8|
|Life Sciences (XL)||33.9||30.5||22.5|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||36.8||34.9||25.6|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Biomedical Engineering (BM)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Geology and Geophysics (GG)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (XH)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)- New Paper||TBU||TBU||TBU|
|Engineering Sciences (XE)||TBU||TBU||TBU|
GATE Qualifying Cutoff- Previous Year
Candidates can refer to the previous year qualifying GATE Cutoff to know the expected minimum scores required for admission based on GATE exam:
|Paper Code||GATE 2021 Cutoff||GATE 2020 Cutoff|
|For General||For OBC- (NCL)/ EWS||For SC/ ST/ PwD||For General||For OBC- (NCL)/ EWS||For SC/ ST/ PwD|
*Normalized marks for multisession papers CE, CS and ME
GATE Admission Cutoff for Top IITs
Each of the participating IIT releases its own admission cutoff separately after the conclusion of the counselling process. Candidates can check the previous year GATE Cut off for Top IITs using the links below:
|IIT Name||GATE Admission Cutoff|
|IIT Madras||Check Here|
|IIT Delhi||Check Here|
|IIT Bombay||Check Here|
|IIT Kanpur||Check Here|
|IIT Kharagpur||Check Here|
|IIT Roorkee||Check Here|
|IIT Guwahati||Check Here|
|IIT Hyderabad||Check Here|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||Check Here|
GATE Admission Cutoff for Top NITs
|NIT Name||GATE Admission Cutoff|
|NIT Tiruchirappalli||Check Here|
|NIT Karnataka||Check Here|
|NIT Rourkela||Check Here|
|NIT Warangal||Check Here|
|NIT Calicut||Check Here|
|NIT Kurukshetra||Check Here|
|NIT Silchar||Check Here|
|NIT Durgapur||Check Here|
|NIT Allahabad||Check Here|
|NIT Jalandhar||Check Here|
GATE 2022 College Predictor
- Collegedunia’s GATE 2022 College Predictor is helpful for candidates to predict the college that might accept their expected scores.
- GATE College Predictor designed by Collegedunia is very simple to use. Candidates can use the College Predictor for free and predict a list of colleges even after taking any mock test. Check GATE 2022 College Predictor
GATE Marks vs Rank
- Since GATE admission cut off is released in the form of opening and closing ranks, it is important to get an idea about the marks vs rank analysis.
- The table below covers the expected GATE Marks vs Rank analysis to help candidates know their expected rank for top papers such as CS, EE, EC, ME, CE, etc.
|GATE Rank||GATE Marks|
GATE Rank v/s Institute
The qualifying cutoff for all the colleges could vary every year but it has been observed that the rank required for admissions usually remains the same in the respective colleges. Some of the examples for the ranks which are accepted by institutes are mentioned below in the table:
|Institute||GATE Rank (Expected)|
|IISc Banglore||Rank < 100; in some of the courses rank ≤ 600|
|IIT Bombay||Rank < 100; in some of the courses rank ≤ 600|
|IIT Delhi||Rank < 100; in some of the courses rank ≤ 300|
|IIT Kanpur||Rank < 100; in some of the courses rank ≤ 300|
|IIT Kharagpur||Rank ≤ 600|
|IIT Madras||Rank < 100; in some of the courses rank ≤ 300|
|IIT Hyderabad||Rank ≤ 1500|
|IIT Roorkee||Rank ≤ 1000|
|IIT Guwahati||Rank ≤ 1000|
|IIT BHU||Rank ≤ 1000|
|NITs||Rank ≤ 1500|
|IIT Patna||Rank ≤ 1500|
|GFTIs (National and State-level)||Rank ≤ 2500|
GATE 2022 Counselling
IIT Kharagpur will not organize any counselling process for M.Tech admissions. Candidates seeking admissions in IITs, NITs and other prestigious institutions will have to participate in counselling process conducted by separate bodies.
- For admissions into NITs candidates need to register for GATE CCMT Counselling. Usually, the counselling process starts in the month of April.
- For admissions into IITs, candidates need to register for GATE COAP Counselling. Aspirants will need to apply to individual institutes where admission is desired and eventually, register for Common Offer Acceptance Portal.
GATE CCMT 2022
- GATE CCMT refers to Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Des.
- GATE CCMT is a centralized counselling process conducted for admission to participating NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and IIEST Shibpur.
- Candidates need not apply to desired NIT separately.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score card (2020/2021/2022) can register for CCMT 2022.
- GATE CCMT Cutoff for NITs is released by the organizing institute in the form of opening and closing ranks.
GATE CCMT: List of Participating NITs
A total of 57 NITs participate in GATE CCMT counselling. The number of institutes participating may increase or decrease for each round of CCMT counselling depending on the seats available. Some of the participating colleges in GATE CCMT are:
|NIT Jalandhar||NIT Tiruchirappalli|
|MNIT Allahabad||NIT Warangal|
|NIT Calicut||IIIT Tiruchirappalli|
|NIT Delhi||IIIT Allahabad|
|NIT Durgapur||NIT Karnataka|
|NIT Kurukshetra||NIT Rourkela|
|NIT Silchar||NIT Jaipur|
GATE COAP 2022
- COAP refers to Common Offer Acceptance Portal.
- GATE COAP 2022 is a window where all Participating Institutes / PSU's upload their admission/ job offers.
- Under COAP 2022, the seats are offered based on GATE scores, cut off, and the preferences filled by the candidate.
- Candidates who wish to accept the seats need to complete the process by logging in to the institute portal, submit fees, and the mandatory documents.
- Unlike GATE CCMT, candidates who register for COAP 2022 also need to individually apply to the desired IIT for M.Tech admission.
GATE COAP: List of Participating IITs
The list below shows some of the participating IITs in GATE COAP:
|IISc Bangalore||IIT Jodhpur|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||IIT Kanpur|
|IIT BHU||IIT Kharagpur|
|IIT Bombay||IIT Madras|
|IIT Delhi||IIT Mandi|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Patna|
|IIT Hyderabad||IIT Roorkee|
To know more about GATE 2022 Counselling, Check Here
List of Top M.Tech Colleges in India after GATE 2022
Here is the list of Top 10 IITs and NITs in India based on the NIRF 2020 ranking:
|IIT College||NIRF Ranking||NIT College||NIRF Ranking|
|IIT Madras||1||NIT Tiruchirappalli||9|
|IIT Delhi||2||NIT Karnataka||13|
|IIT Bombay||3||NIT Rourkela||16|
|IIT Kanpur||4||NIT Warangal||19|
|IIT Kharagpur||5||NIT Calicut||23|
|IIT Roorkee||6||NIT Kurukshetra||40|
|IIT Guwahati||7||NIT Silchar||46|
|IIT Hyderabad||8||NIT Durgapur||47|
|IIT Indore||10||NIT Allahabad||48|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||11||NIT Jalandhar||52|
M.Tech Colleges Accepting Low GATE Scores
- There are a number of colleges in India offering admission to candidates with low scores in GATE exam.
- Candidates can check the list of some of the private colleges in the table below-
|Institute of Technology and Management Gwalior||Gwalior|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur|
|Anand Engineering College||Agra|
|Hindustan College of Science and Technology||Arga|
M.Tech Admissions without GATE 2022
GATE 2022 is not mandatory for M.Tech admissions in India. Candidates who did not appear or qualify GATE 2022 can apply for M.Tech admissions at various private universities in India or seek admissions at top IITs, NITs, etc. through sponsored seats or through their own M.Tech entrance exam.
- Direct M.Tech admissions at IITs and NITs-
- IITs and NITs offer direct admission to candidates who complete their B.Tech from IITs.
- Such candidates are required a minimum CGPA of 8.0 to be eligible for direct admissions.
- Admission to Sponsored seats at IITs and NITs-
- IISc, IITs and NITs offer seats that are sponsored by the employers.
- Candidates applying for the sponsored seats must have worked for over 2 years and have 2 year leave approved by their employer.
- Such candidates are also required to meet the individual eligibility criteria for M.Tech admission at IITs and NITs.
- Admissions at IITs and other State & Deemed Universities-
- There are a number of universities and IIITs that conduct their own entrance exam for M.Tech admissions.
- Candidates who qualify the respective exam and meet the minimum eligibility criteria of the university are eligible for M.Tech admission.
- Some of these IIITs and their entrance exams have been listed in the table below-
|College/ University/ State||Entrance Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh M.Tech Admissions||AP PGECET|
|Telangana M.Tech Admissions||TS PGECET|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||IPU CET|
|Karnataka M.Tech Admissions||Karnataka PGCET|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)||JNU CEEB- M.Tech Exam|
Know More- M.Tech Admissions Without GATE 2022
GATE 2022 PSU Recruitment
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) are the companies that are owned by the union government of India or one of the states/territorial governments or both.
- These companies offer recruitment to candidates every year through GATE exam.
- Shortlisted candidates who have a valid GATE score are called for selection rounds like Personal Interview (PI)/ Group Discussion (GD).
- PSU Recruitment through GATE offers job security and pays well. Candidates can check the approx salary packages of engineers recruited at top PSUs based on GATE scores in the table below-
|Name of PSUs||Sector||Status||Salary Structure||Salary CTC|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)||Power||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 20,00,000 /-|
|National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)||Power||Maharatna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 18,00,000 /-|
|Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Maharatna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 16,50,000 /-|
|Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Maharatna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 16,00,000 /-|
|Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 16,00,000 /-|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 16,00,000 /-|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 16,00,000 /-|
|Oil India Limited (OIL)||Petroleum & Natural Gas||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 15,00,000 /-|
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)||Defense||Navratna||₹ 60,000 – 1,80,000 /-||₹ 13,00,000 /-|
|Steel authority of india (SAIL)||Steel & Iron||Maharatna||₹ 20,600 - 46500 /-||₹ 10,00,000 /-|
PSU Recruitment through GATE 2022- Previous Year Cut off
|GATE Paper||GATE PSU Cut off- Category-wise|
|GATE Cutoff for BHEL Recruitment|
|GATE Cutoff for NTPC Recruitment|
|GATE Cutoff for GAIL Recruitment|
|Business Information System||70.41||64.29||61.82||-|
|GATE Cutoff for HPCL Recruitment|
Other PG Exams:
GATE 2022 Changes
- Two new papers added to the list of GATE 2022 papers. Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE) have been added as the two new papers.
- GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria has been expanded allowing BDS and M.Pharma degree candidates to apply for the exam. Check GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Leh (Ladakh) has been added as a new exam city to the list of existing GATE Exam Center list. Additionally, international exam centers have been cancelled. GATE 2022 will not be held at international centers due to COVID-19. In a recent update, IIT Kharagpur has also cancelled Sonepat, Panipat and Idukki as the exam cities this year. Check GATE 2022 Exam Centers
- GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Architecture and Planning has been revised. The paper will contain two sections- General Aptitude (for 15 marks) and Core Subject further divided into Part A (for 60 marks mandatory for everyone) and Part B (for 25 marks with two optional sections- Part B1 (Architecture) and Part B2 (Planning)). Candidates have to choose one of the two parts from Part B during the exam.
- The Two-Paper Combination introduced last year (allowing candidates to appear for a second GATE paper) has been revised providing more options for candidates to choose from. Check GATE 2022 Two-Paper Combination
- NCB-GATE has also stated that all the benefits given to candidates in GATE 2021 will be continued in 2022 as well. These include-
- Two new subjects introduced in GATE 2021- Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XS).
- Relaxation of GATE Eligibility allowing candidates in the third/ final year of their graduation to apply for the exam.
- Revised GATE exam pattern for all papers which also allowed a candidate to sit for a maximum of two papers.
- Revision of GATE Syllabus for all 25 papers.
- GATE 2021 exam dates spread over a longer period of time considering the COVID-19 situation.
- 11 new GATE Exam Centers had been added in cities such as Shirdi, Latur, Akola, Dhule, etc.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- No changes have been made to GATE 2022 Exam Pattern, except for the revision of the Architecture and Planning exam pattern this year.
- GATE exam is held as a computer-based entrance test for a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes) with a total weightage of 100 marks.
- With the introduction of two new papers- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE), the total number of GATE 2022 Papers is 29.
- GATE 2022 Question Paper will consist of 65 questions- 10 questions in the General Aptitude section and 55 questions in the Core Discipline section.
- The questions asked in GATE 2022 are of three types- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ); Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 or 2 marks depending on the type of question. While each incorrect MCQ will lead to a deduction in the marks.
- 1 mark MCQs: ⅓ mark deducted for each wrong answer
- 2 marks MCQs: ⅔ mark deducted for each wrong answer
- There is no negative marking for MSQs and NATs.
Candidates can check the paper-wise GATE 2022 Exam Pattern using the links mentioned below:
GATE 2022 Marking Scheme
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) Marks||Subject Marks||Total Marks||Total Time (Minutes)|
|AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, NM, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST||15||85||100||180|
|AR [Part A + Part B1 (Architecture) OR Part B2 (Planning)]||15||60 + 25||100||180|
|GE [Part A + Part B (Section 1 OR Section 2)]||15||55 + 30||100||180|
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100||180|
|XH (Section B1 +Any ONE Section)||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XL (Section P+Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100||180|
GATE 2022 Paper Codes and Combination of Papers Allowed (Revised)
- It is important for candidates to know their GATE 2022 Paper Codes as they are required during the application process and examination.
- Candidates applying for GATE exam can now sit for two papers based on the Combination of Paper Code.
- The Paper Combination has been revised this year. Candidates can check the table below to see the Code of Papers allowed as a second paper in GATE 2022:
|Paper Name||Paper Code||Codes of Papers Allowed as Second Paper|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||NM, XE|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||ES, GE, XE, XL|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||CE|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||BT, EC, IN, XL|
|Civil Engineering||CE||AE, AR, ES, GE, NM|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||PE, XE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||EC, GE, MA, ST|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||IN, PH, EE, CS, GE|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||EC, IN|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES||AG, CE, GE|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||XL|
|Geomatics Engineering (New Paper)||GE||CE, GG, ES, MN|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||GE, MN, PE, PH|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||EC, EE, PH|
|Mathematics||MA||CS, GE, PH, ST|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||AE, CH, NM, PI, XE|
|Mining Engineering||MN||GE, GG, XE|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||PH, XE|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (New Paper)||NM||AE, CE, XE|
|Petroleum Engineering||PE||CH, GG, XE|
|Physics||PH||EC, GE, GG, IN, MA, MT, ST, XE|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||ME, MT, XE|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF||XE|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||AE, AG, CH, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, NM|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH||ST|
|Life Sciences||XL||BM, BT, CY, EY|
GATE 2022 Syllabus
- No changes have been made to GATE 2022 syllabus released by the authorities along with the official notification apart from the addition of the syllabus for two papers- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE).
- GATE 2022 Syllabus can be divided into two major sections- the General Aptitude (GA) section with a weightage of 15 marks and the Core Discipline with a weightage of 85 marks.
- GATE General Aptitude Syllabus is the same for all 29 papers and consists of questions based on verbal, numerical, quantitative ability and spatial aptitude.
GATE 2022 Paper Analysis
- GATE 2022 Day 4 has concluded successfully. Detailed GATE 2022 Paper Analysis is out. Candidates can check the detailed paper analysis in the section below.
|Date (Day)||Paper||Paper Analysis|
|February 13, 2022 (Sunday)- Concluded||ME-1, PE, AR (Forenoon Session)||Check Here|
|ME-2, GE, AE (Afternoon Session)|
|February 12, 2022 (Saturday)-Concluded||CE-1, BT, PH, EY (Forenoon Session)|
|CE-2, XE, XL (Afternoon Session)|
|February 6, 2022 (Sunday)- Concluded||EC, ES, ST, NM, MT, MN (Forenoon Session)|
|CY, CH, PI, XH, IN, AG, GG, TF (Afternoon Session)|
|February 5, 2022 (Saturday)- Concluded||CS, BM (Forenoon Session)|
|EE, MA (Afternoon Session)|
GATE 2022 Answer Key- Out
- IIT Kharagpur has released the master GATE 2022 Question Papers along with the answer keys on March 17, 2022. These are the final answer keys and no further objections will be accepted against these.
- GATE 2022 Answer Keys are released in two phases-
- First, the provisional answer keys are released which are open for objections if any with a payment of INR 500.
- The final answer keys are released along with the declaration of result.
- Candidates can download GATE 2022 Question Papers along with the answer key online at gate.iitkgp.ac.in or can use the direct link below-
|Date (Day)||GATE 2022 Answer Key|
|February 5, 2022 (Saturday)||Check Here|
|February 6, 2022 (Sunday)|
|February 12, 2022 (Saturday)|
|February 13, 2022 (Sunday)|
GATE 2022 Answer Keys- How to Raise Objections?
- In case of any discrepancies, the provisional GATE 2022 Answer Keys are open for challenge from February 22 to 25, 2022.
- Candidates need to pay a fee of 500 INR for each answer they find faulty.
- Candidates can use the GOAPS portal to raise objections against GATE Answer Keys.
- Candidates are also required to attach a supporting document in PDF format along with the other required details.
- If the challenge filed by candidates is found to be correct, he/ she is eligible for the refund of the objection fee, however, if the challenge filed is found incorrect, no refund is made.
GATE 2022 Response Sheets
- GATE 2022 Response Sheet has been made available by IIT Kharagpur on the official website on Feb 15, 2022.
- Candidates who appeared for the exam can download the same logging in using their enrollment ID/ email ID and password.
- GATE 2022 Response sheet contains the answers marked by the candidates. It can be used along with the answer keys to calculate one’s raw score and to raise objections against the answer key if any.
GATE 2022 Score Calculation
- GATE 2022 Marks are the raw marks out of 100 while GATE 2022 Score is the percentile score calculated out of 1000.
- Candidates can use GATE 2022 Answer Key to calculate their expected makes in the exam. These marks are then used to calculate scores using the Score Calculation formule. Check GATE 2022 Score Calculation
- The score calculation for GATE 2022 papers conducted in a single session is based on the actual/ raw marks scored.
- The score calculation for papers conducted in multiple sessions is based on the normalization process where the raw marks are converted to normalized scores.
- To calculate actual marks using GATE Answer Key 2022 the students can follow the following formulas for each type of question-
- For MCQs: [(1 x No. of correct 1 mark MCQs) - (⅓ x No. of incorrect 1 mark MCQs)] + [(2 x No. of correct 2 Mark MCQs) - (⅔ x No. of incorrect 2 mark MCQs)]
- For MSQs: Total marks for 1 mark MSQs + Total marks for 2 marks MSQs
- For NATs: Total marks for 1 mark NATs + Total marks for 2 marks NATs
- To calculate the total marks, candidates need to now add the total scores in MCQs, MSQs and NATs-
|TOTAL MARKS= Total MCQ score + Total MSQ scores + Total NAT scores|
GATE 2022 FAQs
Ques. When is GATE 2022 scheduled?
Ans. IIT Kharagpur has successfully concluded GATE 2022. The exam was scheduled for February 5, 6, 12 and 13, 2022. The exam was conducted in two sessions- Forenoon and Afternoon Session. CE and ME papers were held in two slots meanwhile all other papers in a single slot. Check GATE 2022 Exam Dates
Ques. When will GATE 2022 Answer Key be released? How can I check GATE 2022 Answer Keys?
Ans. GATE 2022 Answer Keys have been released on February 21, 2022. Candidates can download the subject-wise GATE Answer Key from the official website along with the question papers. Check GATE 2022 Answer Key
Ques. When will GATE 2022 Result be announced? How can I check my result?
Ans. IIT Kharapgur has released GATE 2022 Result on March 16, 2022 at 11:45 PM. GATE 2022 Result declaration date was March 17, 2022. However, IIT Kharagpur has announced GATE 2022 Result a day before the schedule on the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Candidates can check their GATE 2022 result through the GOAPS portal using their enrollment ID and password. Check GATE 2022 Results
Ques. Can I apply for GATE 2022 now?
Ans: No. GATE 2022 has already concluded on February 13, 2022. The registrations closed on September 30, 2021. IIT Kharagpur had released GATE 2022 application form on September 2, 2021.
Ques. When will IIT Kharagpur release the GATE 2022 response sheet?
Ans. IIT Kharagpur has released GATE 2022 response sheet on February 15, 2022. Candidates can download their response sheet from the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in through GOAPS. Check GATE 2022 Response Sheet
Ques. How can I check my GATE 2022 Result before the declaration?
Ans. To check your score in GATE 2022, you can use the answer key released by the authorities. GATE 2022 Answer Key includes the correct answer to each question. Candidates can calculate their scores using GATE 2022 response sheet and answer key. They can also make use of Collegedunia's exclusive GATE 2022 College Predictor to predict a list of colleges that might accept their scores for admission. Check How to Calculate scores using GATE 2022 Answer Key?
Ques. Will I get the same college as predicted by Collegedunia’s GATE 2022 College Predictor?
Ans. GATE 2022 College Predictor is a tool uses data based on the previous year cut off and ranks. The list of colleges predicted using Collegedunia's College Predictor will help candidates narrow down their search at the time of admission. The list of colleges predicted using the college predictor will provide a close list of colleges that might accept your admission. However, since there might be a ±5 difference in the cut off as it changes every year, the same will affect the results in GATE 2022 College Predictor. However, the list predicted can always be used as a reference for the further admission process.
Ques. What is considered to be a good rank in GATE exam?
Ans. For admission to top IITs, GATE rank below 200 can be considered as a good GATE rank. However, candidates with rank ranging from 600-800 can also get admission to IITs and IIITs. For admission to NITs, GATE rank ranging from 350-800 can be considered good.
Ques. For how long will GATE 2022 scorecard be available for download?
Ans: Qualified GATE 2022 candidates will be able to download their scorecards free of cost between March 21, 2022 to May 31, 2022 from the GATE 2022 website. However, a fee of Rs 500 will be required to download the softcopy till December 31, 2022. No candidate will be able to download GATE 2022 Scorecard from January 1, 2023.
Ques. What are the qualifying marks for GATE 2022?
Ans. The qualifying scores or GATE 2022 Cutoff is different for each paper. The qualifying scores for GATE 2022 has been released along with the result on March 16. The same will be updated here soon. Candidates can meanwhile check the expected GATE Qualifying Cut off 2022 in the table below based on the previous year trends for the General category-
|Paper||Expected GATE 2022 Cut off (General)|
|Architecture and Planning||40|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||25.8|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering||25.1|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||35.7|
|Humantites and Social Sciences||37.9|
Ques. What is the process of GATE 2022 Counselling?
Ans. Conducting Body for GATE does not conduct the counselling process for candidates. Instead, there are separate counselling processes followed by GATE-qualified candidates. These are:
- CCMT: Conducted for admission to NITs across India by one of the participating colleges.
- COAP: Conducted for admission to IITs and PSU recruitment conducted by one of the participating IITs.
Although CCMT is a centralized counselling process COAP is a common platform where the participating IITs upload admission offer letters in the common time window. Check GATE 2022 Counselling
Ques. What is the difference between GATE Marks and Scores?
Ans. GATE Marks are the actual marks/ raw marks scored by candidates calculated out of 100 in the exam. On the other hand, GATE Scores are the normalized score calculated out of 1000 on the basis of GATE Normalization Process. Check GATE 2022 Score Calculation
Ques. Has IIT Kharagpur introduced any new papers to GATE 2022?
Ans: Yes. IIT Kharagpur, the exam conducting authority this year, introduced 2 new papers in GATE 2022. These are Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE). The number of papers has consequently risen to 29.
Ques. Why should one take GATE exam?
Ans. GATE scores are used for a number of reasons. Some of the important reasons include:
- Admission to M.Tech/ ME courses at top IITs and NITs in India
- Recruitment to one of the PSUs such as IOCL, DRDO, NTPC, BPCL, BARC, BHEL, etc.
- Admission to PG courses at International Universities such as the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological Univeristy, Singapore, Technical University of Munich, Germany and RWTH Aachen, Germany.
- Admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering at NITIE, Mumbai. Check Details
Ques. What are the changes introduced in GATE 2022?
Ans. A number of changes have been made to GATE 2022. NCB-GATE has also stated that all the changes made in GATE 2021 will be continued in 2022 as well. Check GATE 2022 Changes
Here is a list of all the changes made to GATE 2022 and 2021:
|GATE 2022: Changes Introduced||GATE 2021: Changes Introduced|
| || |
Ques. What is the maximum age limit for applying for GATE 2022?
Ans. There is no age limit for applying for GATE 2022. If you meet all the eligibility criteria(s), you will be permitted to give the exam.
Ques. Were MSQs asked in GATE 2022?
Ans. Yes. Compared to last year, the weightage of MSQs asked in GATE 2022 was high. As per GATE 2022 Paper Analysis, GATE 2022 EC paper had the highest number of MSQs asked i.e., 15 MSQs. Candidates can check the paper-wise weightage of questions in the table below-
|GATE 2022 Paper||Number of MCQs||Number of NATs||Number of MSQs|
|GATE 2022 CS||32||18||15|
|GATE 2022 EC||32||18||15|
|GATE 2022 EE||43||22||0|
|GATE 2022 IN||34||26||5|
|GATE 2022 ME (Slot 1)||25||35||5|
|GATE 2022 ME (Slot 2)||35||24||6|
|GATE 2022 CE (Slot 1)||35||23||7|
|GATE 2022 CE (Slot 2)||34||24||7|
Ques. What is the cut off for IITs and NITs for admission through GATE 2022?
Ans. GATE Cut off for IITs and NITs is released separately. Each IIT releases its own cut off after the COAP process. Meanwhile, for NITs, GATE Cut off is released in the form of opening and closing ranks after each round of CCMT. Candidates can check the links mentioned in the table below to know GATE Cut off for Top NITs and IITs-
Ques. When will GATE 2022 Cut off be released? How is GATE Cut off decided?
Ans. IIT Kharagpur has released GATE 2022 Cut off along with the declaration of result on March 16, 2022 (at 11:45 PM). Candidates can check paper-wise cut off on the official website- gate.iitkgp.ac.in. GATE Cut off is dependent on a number of factors. These factors include-
- number of applicants,
- availability of seats,
- difficulty level of exam and
- performance of candidates
Ques. Will candidates receive hardcopy of their GATE 2022 Result?
Ans. No. IIT Kharagpur will not send any hardcopy of GATE 2022 Result or Scorecard to the candidate. Candidates will instead need to check their result online on the official website- gate.iiitkgp.ac.in. GATE qualified candidates will be able to download the soft copy of their GATE 2022 Scorecard from the official website through GOAPS.
Ques. Which PSUs recruit engineers based on GATE scores?
Ans. There are a number of major PSUs that recruit eligible engineers based on their GATE Scores. Some of the top PSUs recruiting through GATE 2022 scores are-
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID), etc.
Ques. Are GATE 2022 Answer Key and Response Sheet the same?
Ans. No. GATE 2022 Answer Key and Response Sheet are two different things. GATE Answer Key refers to the correct answers for each question asked in the exam released by the conducting body after the conclusion of the exam. GATE Response Sheet, on the other hand, is the duplicate responses as filled by the candidate in computer-based test released by the exam conducting body. Candidates can use GATE 2022 Answer Key and Response Sheet to calculate their scores.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in GATE 2022?
Ans. Yes. For each incorrect MCQ there is a negative marking, while for MSQs and NATs there is no negative marking. The details on GATE 2022 negative marking has been covered in the table below-
|Type of Question||GATE 2022 Negative Marking|
|1 Mark Questions||2 Marks Questions|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1/3 mark||2/3 mark|
|Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)||No negative marking||No negative marking|
|Numerical Answer Type (NATs)||No negative marking||No negative marking|
Ques. What is Paper 2 in GATE 2022?
Ans. Each candidate appearing for GATE 2022 is given an opportunity to appear for a second paper based on the paper combination released by the exam conducting body. IIT Kharagpur revised GATE paper combination this year. Check GATE 2022 Paper Combination
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.