DElEd Admission 2022 is done through merit marks or a state level entrance exam. To be eligible to apply for admission to the DElEd course candidates are required to complete their 10+2 with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized Board.
Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) course is provided as both full-time or regular as well as Distance Education mode. Admission procedure for the Distance Learning DElEd is similar to that of Full-time DElEd. However there are very few colleges like SCERT Bihar and NIOS offering the DElEd Distance Education.
Several states conduct their own entrance exam to offer admission to the DElEd Course. DElEd Admission 2022 will begin in the month of May in states like West Bengal and Bihar. NIOS DElEd Admission 2022 will begin in the month of April 2022, whereas Delhi DElEd Admission will begin from August 2022. candidates have to fill an online form to be eligible for DElEd Admission in Delhi.
DElEd Admission 2022: Application Deadline
Some of the top and well renowned colleges/universities offering Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) course are listed below along with their application dates
|State||Application Deadline (Tentative Dates)|
|NIOS DElEd Entrance Exam||3rd week of March 2022|
|Arunachal Pradesh DElEd||1st week of May 2022 to last week of May 2022|
|Odisha DElEd Entrance Exam||1st week of May 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022|
|Bihar DElEd Entrance Exam||3rd week of August 2022 to 1st week of September 2022|
|Uttar Pradesh DElEd Entrance Exam||April 03, 2022 to 23 April 2022|
|Chandigarh DElEd Entrance Exam||To be announced|
DElEd Admission 2022: Entrance Exams
For admission into the Top DElEd colleges candidates are required to qualify the entrance exams. Most of the government colleges/universities and top private colleges that offer DElEd courses grant admission through entrance exams conducted by their respective state.
- Candidates wishing to pursue Diploma in Elementary Education are required to to qualify the entrance exam if conducted by their desired college for DElEd admission.
- Most of the entrance exams for admission to DElEd courses are conducted at the state level and they are generally conducted in the month of July.
- However there are some states that also conduct various Pre Entrance Exam Test (PET) where the aspirants can test their abilities.
- The dates for the examination are announced or published by education boards or the State Council for Education and Training of various states and Union Territories.
- After qualifying the entrance exam candidates are shortlisted depending upon their scores obtained in the entrance examination.
- Once the candidate clears the entrance exam furthermore they are required to go through a personal interview or Group discussion round at the college/ university.
- The final decision for the admission to the course depends upon the overall marks obtained both in the entrance exam and interview round.
- After selection of a candidate they are called for Documents verification.
- Finally the selected candidates are required to make the fee payment to confirm their admission to the college/ university.
DElEd Admission 2022: Entrance Exam Schedule
Admission to the DElEd course is granted on the basis of an entrance exam conducted by various states. Some of the popular entrance examination along with their application and exam dates are given below in the tabular chart:
|Entrance Exam Name||Application Dates||Exam Dates (Tentative Dates)|
|Andhra Pradesh DElEd||3rd week of March 2022 to 1st week of June 2022||4th week of June 2022|
|Assam DElEd Admission||2nd week of May 2022 to 4th week of May 2022||3red week of June 2022|
|Bihar DElEd Admission||3rd week of August 2022 to 1st week of September 2022||4th week of September 2022|
|Chattisgarh DElEd Admission||Last week of July 2022 to 2nd week August 2022||2nd week of September 2022|
|Chandigarh DElEd. Admission||To be announced||To be announced|
|Delhi DElEd. Admission||Last week of May 2022||First week of June 2022|
|Goa DElEd. Admission||Last week of April 2022||1st week of May 2022 to last week of May 2022|
|Haryana DElEd. Admission||1st week of May 2022 to 2nd week of June 2022||1st week of July to 3rd week of July 2022|
|Odisha DElEd. Admission||1st week of May 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022||4th week of July 2022|
|Rajasthan DElEd. Admission||June 2022||August 2022|
|West Bengal DElEd. Admission||Last week of May 2022 to 1st week of June 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|NIOS DElEd. Admission||1st week of March 2022||3rd week of March 2022|
|Jammu and Kashmir DElEd. Admission||To be announced||April 03, 2022 to 23 April 2022|
DElEd Admission 2022: Syllabus
Candidates should prepare themselves for the entrance exams, they must be aware of the Syllabus for the exam and should be well prepared before taking the exam. For the DElEd entrance exam syllabus, they must know the pattern for the exam and are advised to revise subjects from class 10 and 12. Diploma in Elementary Education entrance exam is designed as a MCQ-based or objective-type test.
Given below are the topics which compromises the Syllabus for the DElEd entrance examination.
- Mathematics and Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- Teaching Abilities
- Language Test (Hindi or regional language)
DElEd Exams Prerequisites
To seek admission to the DElEd course, candidates must follow the following prerequisites before applying.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board.
- Candidates must be between 17-35 years of age while applying for DElEd Admission 2022.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- An untrained teacher who teaches Class 1 to 4, candidates must have a secondary qualification from a recognized institute or university and a good academic record.
DElEd Admission Process
DElEd admission process for the academic year 2022 varies for every state and its education board. Several states conduct an entrance exam followed by a counselling process to offer admission to the DElEd Course. DElEd Admission 2022 is based on merit for states like West Bengal, Delhi and Jharkhand.
|Entrance Based Admission||Merit-Based Admission|
|Bihar DElEd||WB DElEd|
|Odisha DElEd||Delhi DElEd|
|Uttarakhand DElEd||Jharkhand DElEd|
DElEd Admission 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who wish to pursue Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) courses must have to fulfill the eligibility requirements to get admission into the course. However the eligibility criteria for DElEd courses can vary from college to college. Some colleges offer direct admission to the course while there are some colleges that offer admission based on entrance exams conducted at state level to shortlist students.
The basic eligibility requirements for almost all colleges/universities to pursue DElEd course in India are mentioned below:
- Aspiring candidates must have to complete their 10+2 in any stream.
- Candidates must have to pass their 10+2 Board examination with a minimum aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Also there will be a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate score for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Some colleges/universities candidates have set an age limit for pursuing the course, the lower age limit ranges between 17 to 18 years, while the upper age limit can range between 34 to 35 years.
- For admission to some of the top colleges/ universities candidates are required to qualify the entrance examination conducted at state level, the scores or ranks of which will determine their admission to a college.
- After qualifying the entrance exam candidates may also be required to face Group discussion or personal interview round followed by a Document Verification process.
DElEd Admission 2022: How to Apply?
DElEd Admission 2022 can be applied through the online mode. Candidates must follow the steps given below to apply for the DElEd course.
- Candidates must visit the official DElEd State Admission website to apply for the course at a particular state..
- They must then fill the application form with full details and carefully.
- After filling the application, submit the form and pay the application fee.
DElEd Admission 2022: Top Colleges
Interested candidates can see the following table to seek admission to the DElEd course in the top DElEd colleges of India.
|College||Admission Process||Average Fee|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||Entrance Exam||INR 6,900|
|Dr. DY Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society's, Pune||Entrance Exam||INR 13,340|
|NIOS DElEd||Merit Based||INR 12,000|
|State Council Of Educational Research And Training, New Delhi||Merit Based||INR 10,000|
|Amity University||Merit Based||INR 60,000|
|YBN University, Ranchi||Merit Based||INR 65,500|
|Manrakhan Mahto B.Ed College, Ranchi||Merit Based||INR 70,000|
DElEd Admission 2022: Preparation Tips
Candidates wishing to enroll for DElEd entrance examination must crack entrance exams that are conducted at state level to test the knowledge and check the eligibility of the candidate. Before applying for the DElEd entrance exam, candidates should prepare themselves according to the Syllabus in order to qualify the exam.
Some of the important Tips to prepare for the entrance exam to get admission to BTech courses:
- Make a Study Plan: It is the first and the most important step for the candidates to make a proper study plan. Aspirants should make their study plan according to the Syllabus for the exam. Aspirants should be aware of the exam Syllabus, pattern and important topics and make a study plan accordingly.
- Study Materials: Aspirants must practice for the entrance exam from different books and mock test papers. They can also solve previous years question papers and sample papers to prepare themselves.
- Stay Healthy: Along with studies, aspirants should also take care of their health. One should maintain their health and prepare for the examination.
DElEd Admission 2022: FAQs
Ques. How can I get admission in DElEd Delhi ?
Ans. To take admission to the Delhi DElEd course, candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria, fill the online form and must get a minimum marks of 50%.
Ques. Can I do DElEd from IGNOU?
Ans. Yes, DElEd is available in IGNOU.
Ques. Is DElEd equivalent to BEd?
Ans. No DElEd is a Diploma course while BEd is an undergraduate degree. B.Ed is mandatory to become a teacher for senior classes in a school.
Ques. Is NIOD DElEd program valid to be a teacher in government and private schools?
Ans. No, to become a teacher, candidates must pursue the BEd course.
Ques. What can I do after DElEd?
Ans. After successful completion of the DElEd course, candidates can pursue the BEd course or qualify the CTET and even begin a job as a primary teacher.