B Tech or Bachelor of Technology is a 4-year undergraduate engineering course. B Tech is available in specialisations such as B Tech Computer Science, B Tech Biotechnology, B Tech IT, B Tech mechanical engineering and others. B Tech degree provides theoretical and practical knowledge of technology to the students.
B Tech Admission Process takes place through national, state, or college-level entrance exams. Students need to clear JEE Mains or JEE Advanced to study in the IITs. The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue a B Tech course in India is that the students must be from the Science stream. They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their compulsory subjects.
The average B Tech fees range between INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,50,000 in IITs and INR 250000 to INR 5,00,000 in private engineering colleges. There are more than 4100 B Tech Colleges out of which B Tech Computer Science, being one of the most popular B Tech Specializations is available in 3818 B Tech colleges, Mechanical is available in 3547 B Tech colleges, and Civil Engineering in 3256 colleges. IITs in India provide the best B Tech courses with high placements ranging between INR 15 Lakhs to INR 2 Crore.
B Tech Syllabus focuses on engineering subjects that are associated with each specialization. B Tech CSE Syllabus focuses on subjects associated with computer science like software, Computational mathematics, Computer architecture, Industrial management etc.
|Full Form of Engineering Courses||Full Form of Science Courses||Full Form of Computer Application Courses|
Students have the option of getting work experience or doing higher studies after a Bachelor of Technology. 75% of management students are B.Tech students thus the majority of the students are going for MBA after B Tech to work in the management space. While others who want to work in the engineering stream are going for MTech after B Tech. Students can work as Software engineers, Automobile engineers, chemical engineers, Biomedical engineers after B Tech.
B Tech: Course Details
|B Tech Full Form||Bachelor of Technology|
|B Tech Course Duration||4 Years|
|B Tech Entrance Exams||JEE Mains, JEE Advanced|
|B Tech Colleges||IIT Bombay, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, and VIT Vellore|
|B Tech Subject||The syllabus depends on B Tech Specializations|
|B Tech Course Fees||INR 2,50,000 – 4,30,000|
|B Tech Salary||INR 5,00,000 – INR 7,00,000|
|B Tech Civil Engineering||B Tech Mechanical Engineering||B Tech Computer Science|
|B Tech Biotechnology||B Tech Agriculture||B Tech Food Technology|
Why Study Bachelor of Technology?
Bachelor of Technology is one of the most upfront undergraduate courses in engineering opted by students who belong to science backgrounds Below we have listed some key benefits to studying a B Tech course.
- B Tech offers a wide range of professional courses in many specializations, so that all the students can get a wide range of jobs.
- Bachelor of Technology courses also helps students gain theoretical and practical knowledge and experience as required by their respective industries.
- This course provides an opportunity to develop new solutions to solve key problems in any field related to engineering.
- Engineers are also responsible for the development of new algorithms to contribute to tomorrow's improvements.
- The demand for skilled Bachelor of Technology engineers in the market has always been high.
- The annual salary of Bachelor of Technology engineers is as high as INR 15,000,000 and they can cooperate with the best brands in the world.
Check Out: Top Engineering Colleges in India in 2022
Who Should do a Bachelor of Technology?
- Students who have an interest in technical courses should study B Tech courses.
- Students who are good at maths must do this course.
- Hardworking students should try this course.
See More B Tech Part-time Colleges
When to do a B Tech Course?
Below we have provided some details about when can one pursue a Bachelor of Technology course:
- The decision to pursue a science and technology or a Bachelor of Technology course should start after completing high school studies in a science stream.
- For a regular B Tech Engineering course, the course should opt immediately after the completion of high school.
- Employed candidates can pursue their Bachelor of Technology course remotely or part-time.
- Applicants willing to make a career in technology should pursue a Bachelor of Technology and bring innovative ideas to the world to improve it.
B Tech Admission Process
- B Tech aspirants can appear in any entrance exam to enter India's top universities.
- National entrance exams such as JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are applicable to Bachelor of Technology in most universities.
- The B Tech Admissions 2022 is through national (JEE Mains, JEE Advanced), state (WBJEE, KEAM, etc.) or university/college level (IISER level test, BITSAT, etc.) entrance exams.
- It is estimated that some universities conduct their own entrance examinations to shortlist students. These exams are held in the months of April and May each year.
- The NTA has decided to hold JEE entrances 4 times in 2022, in February, April, July and August of 2022 in order to provide B Tech admissions to the students in the year 2021.
- This decision was made taking into account the current situation of the pandemic and the increase in Covid-19 cases.
B Tech Eligibility
Below we have provided detailed Bachelor of Technology eligibility criteria for B Tech Admissions:
- To get admission in B Tech courses, candidates must pass a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized educational board such as CBSE, ICSE, etc.
- Eligibility for B Tech after 12th is a minimum of 60% aggregate in physics, chemistry and mathematics is mandatory. A relaxation of 5% is given to the reservation categories such as SC/ST.
- If you have qualified for your entrance exams, such as JEE Mains or other equivalent exams, you will need to show your scorecard to the university when registering.
B Tech Admissions 2022
Most of the Government Engineering Colleges such as IITs, NITs, etc. take national entrance exams such as JEE Main and JEE Advanced, but some states such as West Bengal, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh etc. take their own entrance tests. Below we have mentioned the detailed B Tech Admission procedure after 12th as of 2022.
- B Tech Engineering Entrance Exams: After passing the 10+2 exams, candidates must apply, and appear in the Engineering Entrance Exams. Students can apply for these exams by logging into the corresponding portal and uploading all the necessary documents in the form of mark sheets, ages, and identities. Don't forget to pay the Bachelor of Technology submission fee after successful completion. For admissions in IITs, candidates must appear in JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced. However, there are many entrances conducted by different states of India like MHT CET, WBJEE, OJEE, KCET, etc. Applicants can also consider opting for an autonomous college, for which they are supposed to take university-level exams, such as the MI entrance exam (Jamia Millia Islamia), MET (Manipal Institute), etc.
- Result Announcement: After the exam result is announced, applicants who wish to join IIT and NIT must participate in JoSAA (Joint Vacancy Allocation Agency). The counseling for Bachelor of Technology begins after the result announcement.
- Counseling/Orientation: In this round, the Counselling Committee decides the allocation of universities and courses based on the student's list of grades, the grades applied for and the category of each candidate.
- Admission Notice: After successfully completing the counseling process, the applicant will receive a B Tech admission notice from the most suitable university in which he/she is selected for a B Tech course. After students accept the admission offer, they will be required to pay an additional fee to confirm their admission to that university.
- Document Verification: This is the final round of B Tech Admission, in this round candidates, are asked to verify all the valid and necessary documents required after their admission is confirmed in a B Tech college or university.
|Uttarakhand B Tech Admission 2022||Odisha B Tech Admission 2022|
|Haryana B Tech Admission 2022||Rajasthan B Tech Admission 2022|
|HP B Tech Admission 2022||Gujarat B Tech Admission 2022|
Engineer Entrance Exams
In order to enter the Bachelor of Technology, entrance exams for the engineering bachelor's degree are taken at the nation, state, and university levels. Some of these entrances are as follows:
JEE Main 2022 is conducted in 4 phases throughout the year. The registrations for JEE Main February Session will be conducted in the first 2 weeks of February and the exam will be conducted in the first week of March. Check: JEE Main 2022 Eligibility
|JEE Main Events||Important Dates|
|Registration Dates||March 01 – 31, 2022|
|Admit Card releasing date||2nd Week of April 2022|
|Examination Date||April 16, 17 18, 19, 20, 21, 2022|
|Result Declaration||May 2022|
According to the NTA officials, the JEE Advanced 2022 exam will be held in June 2022 and the registration process will begin from May 2022.
|JEE Advanced Events||Important Dates|
|Registration Dates||June 08 – 14, 2022|
|Admit Card releasing date||June 27, 2022|
|Examination Date||July 3, 2022|
|Result Declaration||July 18, 2022|
State-level B Tech Entrance Exams
Almost all the Indian states conduct their own entrance exams for giving admissions in Autonomous colleges for B Tech courses. We have provided some of the State-level B Tech Entrance Exams in India below along with application dates and exam dates. Each of the state based entrance exams caters to the admission of their respective states. The entrance exams are conducted by the states themselves.
|Entrance Exam||Application Date||Exam Date|
|MHT CET (Maharashtra)||February 10 – March 31, 2022||May 15, 2022|
|UPCET (Uttar Pradesh)||April 2022||June 2022|
|WBJEE (West Bengal)||December 24, 2021 to January 16, 2022||April 23, 2022|
|OJEE (Odisha)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|KCET (Karnataka)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|COMEDK (Karnataka)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|BCECE (Bihar)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|Assam CEE (Assam)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|KEAM (Kerala)||To be Announced||To be Announced|
B Tech Without JEE
- JEE Entrance Exams, especially JEE Advanced, are known to be one of the toughest exams in India. That's the reason why some students find it difficult to get into IITs or NITs.
- For students looking for an alternative to JEE Advanced or Mains or an option to get admission in B Tech without JEE, get a number of options to apply and appear for entrance tests conducted by colleges such as: BITS, VIT Vellore etc.
- Students will be admitted for B Tech through other state level or college centric entrance exams.
- There are colleges that take direct admission, students can research about these colleges.
- Students will not be able to apply in IITs and NITs without JEE Advanced.
We have tabulated below detailed information of the application dates, exam dates, and Top Colleges of India that offer B Tech admissions without JEE:
|Name of Colleges||College Application Dates||Entrance Exam Date|
|International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Pune||April 2022||May 2022 (MHT-CET)|
|BITS Pilani/Mesra||February – May 2021||June 2022 (BITSAT)|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||May 2022||April 23 – 24, 2022 (SRMJEEE)|
|Karunya Institute of Science & Technology||To Be Announced||To Be Announced (KEE)|
|Vel Tech University||To Be Announced||March 14 - 17, 2022 (VTUEEE)|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||To Be Announced||May 2022 (VITEEE)|
|ICFAI Foundation For Higher Education||March 2022||July 2022 (TS EAMCET)|
|Banasthali Vidyapith||March 2022||Merit Based|
Types of B Tech
As the demand for B Tech courses continues to grow, universities across India have begun to provide potential applicants with various types of technical undergraduate degree courses. In addition to the regular B Tech courses, you can also choose to study in Part-time B Tech courses as well as B Tech Distance learning courses.
|Types of B Tech||Average B Tech Fees (INR)|
|B Tech Full-time||INR 1,00,000 – 2,00,000|
|B Tech Part-Time||INR 45,000|
|B Tech Distance||INR 22,000|
Full-Time B Tech
- B Tech Full Time aka B Tech Regular Course is an ability-based course that focuses more on students' hands-on learning.
- B Tech Full Time is a 4-year duration course which covers various aspects of Engineering & Technology.
- Bachelor of Technology is different from BE course, and the difference is that Bachelor of Technology focuses more on research rather than practice.
- The selection standard for B Tech full-time courses is to qualify 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics. However, there are additional criteria in Entrance exams that vary from college to college.
- Full Time B Tech is the most popular form of Engineering course. Full Time B Tech is studied by more than 1 million students every year in India.
Find Out: List of Top B Tech Colleges in Kolkata
Part-Time B Tech
- A Part-Time B Tech is an undergraduate engineering course of 4-year duration.
- It is an AICTE authorised course and legitimate in each sense. Part-time B Tech is the panacea to the scholars and mainly to the operating experts who aren't capable of being part of the ordinary Bachelor of Technology because of diverse reasons.
- Most of the applicants pursue a Part-time B Tech because of the tension of the ordinary packages as it adds flexibility to their schedule.
The eligibility criteria for the Part-Time B Tech course is listed as follows:-
- Students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry as the core subjects.
- Candidates who are Diploma holders of any relevant discipline are also eligible for the Bachelor of Technology course in a Part-Time study mode.
Read More: B Tech Part-time Colleges
Distance B Tech
The B Tech Distance learning course is an undergraduate degree in engineering in distance mode of learning for applicants interested in engineering studies. B Tech Distance learning mode is suitable for professionals who work or live in remote areas or have financial problems. Most Colleges offering Distance B Tech have a fee structure of less than 1 Lakh.
Distance B Tech Admission 2022
- The admission procedure for B Tech Distance Learning Courses begins twice in a year: January and July.
- Students can also apply for a distance B Tech program online through the official website of the university or institute.
- For offline mode admission in B Tech courses in distance learning, students can send the application form along with Important verified documents to the Regional Centre of the University.
IGNOU B Tech
- IGNOU is one of the top universities that provide Bachelor of Technology courses in several specialisations to students who want to complete their Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)in the Distance Mode.
- B Tech Distance courses from IGNOU fees is INR 22,500 which is cheaper as compared to the other regular Bachelor of Technology courses.
- These courses help students to earn the qualification for Government jobs as well as other engineering-related jobs in the private sector.
The minimum eligibility criteria for the B Tech course from IGNOU is provided below:
- A 3-year Diploma in Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Computer/ Architecture/ Chemical Engineering from a recognized polytechnic or its equivalent is mandatory.
- A student must be employed/self-employed in equivalent capacity.
AICTE as part of its mission to spread higher education allows lateral entry for the Diploma engineering holders into the second year of the Bachelor of Technology Program. Apart from that candidates with BSc and DVoc courses are also eligible for the lateral entry scheme. B Tech lateral entry admission is done on the basis of entrance examinations conducted by the various state agencies.
B Tech Lateral Entry
B Tech Lateral Entry is an option for students who hold a Diploma or BSc degree in a relevant technological course or engineering and are willing to take admission in Bachelor of Technology from the 3rd semester (i.e. Second Year).
The B Tech Lateral Entry admission is entrance-based and these entrance tests are also known as LEET and are conducted by State-level education authorities every year.
B Tech Subjects
There are a number of specialisations offered in the Bachelor of Technology. Subjects in B Tech like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Communication Skills, Environmental Science, Engineering Mechanics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Engineering Graphics, etc are taught to the students in all the specialisations. The core of the specialisation of Bachelor of Technology is taught in the following three years. Check Out: B Tech Entrance Exam
The B Tech subject varies as per specialisations that are offered, but the B Tech Syllabus in the majority of the colleges in the country is almost the same with a little bit of variation.
Specialization in B Tech
The Bachelor of Technology has a wide range of professional fields. You can choose your choice of specialization from a variety of options.
More than 70 subjects are available for you to choose from. However, not all colleges and universities in India offer all B Tech majors. While some B-Tech branches such as Mechanical and Civil are located in all the universities across the country.
B Tech Specialisation List
B Tech: Course Comparison
B Tech and BE are almost similar courses where engineering remains the primary focus. However, in Bachelor of Technology, the curriculum is more skill-oriented but in BE, the curriculum is more focused on theories. Here is more of B Tech vs BE in details
B Tech vs BE
|Overview||B Tech is a skill-oriented program and designed to give focus more on the practical aspect of the course.||B.E. focuses on the fundamental and theoretical aspects of the program.|
|Suitability||For those who want to make a career in the private and PSUs, B Tech is suitable||B.E. candidates have added the benefit of making a career outside India, as many countries ask for BE candidates more than B Tech graduates.|
|Focus Area||All aspects of technology and emphasis are given on building professional skills.||On the fundamentals of science and engineering. Focuses more on internships and industry visits.|
|Job Opportunities||Several opportunities in the private and public sector units in India and overseas as well.||Lots of opportunities in private and PSUs in India and outside the country as well.|
|Average Salary||5-6 Lakh per annum||5-6 lakh per annum|
B Tech vs BSc
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology||Bachelor of Science|
|Overview||B Tech is a skill-oriented program and designed to give focus more on the practical aspect of the course.||BSc is a popular choice of study for science students after Class XII. It provides in depth theoretical and practical knowledge in various fields of science like physical science, applied science, chemistry, mathematics, economics, biology, agriculture, horticulture, animation, etc.|
|Suitability||For those who want to make a career in the private and PSUs, B Tech is suitable||The BSc course is ideal for students who want to go into research industries like pharmaceuticals, healthcare, manufacturing, IT industry and so on.|
|Focus Area||All aspects of technology and emphasis are given to building professional skills.||The prime focus area is to impart thorough knowledge in the field of science through it’s curriculum.|
|Job Opportunities||Several opportunities in the private and public sector units in India and overseas as well.||Job Opportunities like Scientist, Research Associate, Professor, Lab Chemist, Statistician, etc.|
|Average Salary||5-6 Lakh per annum||3-5 lakh per annum|
Top B Tech Colleges in India
Following are the Top Colleges in India with city-wise distribution along with a B Tech fee structure. Engineering courses are a major attraction for an international student coming to India. Nearly 50,000 students from foreign countries take up B Tech in India. Karnataka is the most popular destination for these students.
B Tech from IIT
IIT in India was first developed as a center for science and engineering India. It has lived up to its name. There are 23 IITs in India.
Admission for B Tech from IIT is made once a year in July through Joint Entrance Examination-Main (JEE-Main) and Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced (JEE- Advanced) conducted on an All India level in April and May by CBSE and IITs respectively.
The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE is a pass in the final examination of the 10+2 system or its equivalent.
B Tech Fee in IITs
B Tech Fees in IITs ranges between INR 105,000 to INR 152000. IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee are the colleges where B Tech Fees are the lowest as compared to other IITs. The fees structure of IITs for the B Tech Course are mentioned in the table below:
|College Name||Fees (INR)||IIT Hostel Fees|
|IIT Kharagpur||1.16 Lakhs||INR 25,100|
|IIT Bombay||1.15 Lakhs||INR 13,000|
|IIT Kanpur||1.13 Lakhs||INR 12,175|
|IIT Madras||1.09 Lakhs||INR 23,750|
|IIT Delhi||1.16 Lakhs||INR 8,000|
|IIT Guwahati||1.14 Lakhs||INR 18,120|
|IIT Roorkee||1.09 Lakhs||INR 16,000|
|IIT Varanasi||1.21 Lakhs||INR 12,000|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||1.13 Lakhs||INR 19,300|
|IIT Gandhinagar||1.45 Lakhs||INR 15,500|
|IIT Hyderabad||1.18 Lakhs||INR 28,000|
|IIT Jodhpur||1.52 Lakhs||-|
|IIT Patna||1.10 Lakhs||INR 14,500|
|IIT Ropar||1.11 Lakhs||-|
|IIT Indore||1.29 Lakhs||-|
|IIT Mandi||1.11 Lakhs||INR 12,000|
|IIT Palakkad||1.12 Lakhs||INR 23,150|
|IIT Tirupati||1.15 Lakhs||-|
|IIT Dhanbad||1.22 Lakhs||INR 15,000|
|IIT Bhilai||1.16 Lakhs||INR 33,500|
|IIT Goa||1.11 Lakhs||INR 13,000|
|IIT Jammu||1.16 Lakhs||-|
|IIT Dharwad||1.16 Lakhs||INR 13,000|
B Tech from NIT
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|NIT Trichy||1.49 Lakhs|
|NIT Karnataka||1.53 Lakhs|
|NIT Rourkela||2.26 Lakhs|
|NIT Warangal||1.3 Lakhs|
|NIT Nagpur||1.49 Lakhs|
|NIT Durgapur||1.49 Lakhs|
|NIT Surat||1.5 Lakhs|
|NIT Meghalaya||1.48 Lakhs|
|NIT Raipur||1.38 Lakhs|
Bridge Courses in B Tech
Bridge courses are undertaken by many colleges to brush up their skills in Mathematics and Physics for the students opting for Bachelor of Technology.
- Dayanand Sagar University in Bangalore puts through bridge courses to newly-admitted students with less than 60 percent in mathematics in Class 12 of mathematics. The duration of the course is 2 weeks and is designed to improve skills and deeper enrichment of the concepts encountered, making mathematics a more interesting subject.
- Mahendra College of Engineering in Tamil Nadu with its affiliation to Anna University offers computer skills and personality development programs along with the bridge course on mathematics and physics for all new entrants.
- Delhi Technological University has started the bridge course for the students who need to strengthen their fundamental understanding of maths and physics. DTU also awards credits for these courses being an Autonomous Institution.
- Parala Engineering College offers bridge courses to the students after the first year as well. It is mainly offered to the first-year B Tech students, but second-year onwards, if students still need help these are offered as remedial courses.
B Tech Abroad
Students have the option of doing their Bachelor of Technology from foreign countries. Some of the top destinations for students who want to complete their Engineering are USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Canada etc.
Bachelor of Technology from Canada is available as BASc (bachelors of applied science) in Engineering/BEng (bachelors in engineering) /BEngSc (bachelors in engineering science) in Canada. It is a three to four-year program costing a total amount of 158,000 to 323,000 CAD.
Bachelor of Technology from Germany is a 3-4 year undergraduate course after which one can easily get a job with a salary of around 11,000 Euros a month. It is available as a B.Eng and BS degree in German universities.
B Tech in MIT
Most Engineering streams in MIT are Bachelor of Science Degrees. It is a 4 year course that develops the students to become engineers. Some of the Top Engineering Courses in MIT are mentioned below:
|Course Name||B Tech Fee (INR)|
|BSc Aerospace Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Biological Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Chemical Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Chemical-Biological Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Civil and Environmental Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Mechanical Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Mechanical and Ocean Engineering||38,22,300|
|BSc Nuclear Science and Technology||38,22,300|
|BSc Humanities and Engineering||38,22,300|
B Tech Abroad Top Colleges
The top colleges offering B Tech as a course in the top countries around the world are mentioned below:
|MIT||USD 53,000 (INR 39,30,600)|
|Stanford University||USD 75,000 (INR 55,62,200)|
|University of Chicago||USD 56,000 (INR 41,53,100)|
|Yale University||USD 43,000 (INR 31,89,000)|
|Princeton University||USD 49,000 (INR 36,33,970)|
|University of Cambridge||USD 42,000 (INR 31,14,830)|
|University of Oxford||USD 16,000 (INR 11,86,600)|
|University College London||USD 33,000 (INR 24,47,370)|
|Imperial College||USD 44,000 (INR 32,63,150)|
|University of Edinburgh||USD 34,000 (INR 25,21,530)|
|University of Melbourne||USD 23,000 (INR 17,05,740)|
|Monash University||USD 33,000 (INR 24,47,370)|
|University of Sydney||USD 32,000 (INR 23,73,200)|
|Australian National University||USD 31,000 (INR 22,99,000)|
B Tech College Comparison
The comparison amongst the top colleges offering B Tech courses in the country is mentioned below:
|Parameters||IIT Madras||IIT Delhi||IIT Bombay|
|Overview||This college was founded in the year 1959. It offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs.||IIT Delhi offers B Tech, MSC, MBA, MTech, MS, and M.DES. IT is well known for its placement drive. It was founded in 1961.||Founded in 1958, IIT Bombay offers B Tech, BS, Dual degree, PG, and doctoral programs.|
|Ranking||NIRF: 1||NIRF: 2||NIRF: 3|
|Average B Tech fee||INR 1 lakh per year||INR 2-2.5 lakh per year||INR 50,000 per year|
|Average Placement package||INR 6-7 lakh per annum||INR 10-12 lakh per annum||INR 8-9 Lakh per annum|
|Top companies participate in placement drives||Google, Samsung, ITC, IBM, Goldman Sachs, Rolls Royce, JP Morgan, Microsoft, Cisco, P&G, American Express, OYO, ISRO, HSBC, etc.||TATA Steel, Deloitte, Ixigo, Jabong, Sandisk, Samsung, Indian Navy, ITC, IBM, Reliance Industries LTD, Infosys Ltd., etc||3M India, NVIDIA, ONGC, Opera Solution, Accenture, Adobe System, Google, Qualcomm, etc.|
Top B Tech Private Colleges
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology||3,24,800|
|Institute of Technical Education and Research||2,35,000|
|SRM Engineering College||2,60,000|
|International Institute of Information Technology||2,80,000|
|Manipal Institute of Technology||3,35,000|
B Tech Jobs
Since B Tech offers more than 70 specialisations to choose from, you will get a wide range of options where you can make your career as per your interest. From being a software programmer to a software tester, Quality Analyst, Networking Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineer, etc. there is a huge list of career options available for a B Tech graduate.
Due to covid 19, the placements from IIT have taken a hit. The highest salary from IITs has fallen sharply this year. IIT Bombay managed to have 58 international placements as compared to 159 last year. IIT Gandhinagar didn't get any international placements. Before Covid 19 the highest package was INR 153 Lakhs which has come down to 63 Lakhs in IIT Roorkee.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Software Developer||Designing, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance of a software system. Write codes to develop a software resource and take care of its maintenance.||Up to INR 2.5 Lakhs|
|Aeronautical Engineer||They design, manufacture, and take care of the maintenance of military, and civil aircraft, and aeronautical components and systems.||Up to INR 5.9 Lakhs|
|Automobile Engineer||An automobile engineer uses CAD to design and develop new designs. Takes care of maintenance-related issues, supply chain management, and adjustment of mechanical systems.||Up to INR 6.1 Lakhs|
|Civil Engineer||They deal with the designing, development, and maintenance of small and large construction projects.||Up to INR 3.1 Lakhs|
|Biomedical Engineer||They work with a wide range of medical, technical, and administrative staff. It also includes designing, development, and testing of medical equipment and devices.||Up to INR 3.7 Lakhs|
|Chemical Engineer||Their job is to take care of the manufacturing and packaging of pharmaceutical products for clinical trial purposes, it also involves simulation and construction of oil test rigs.||Up to INR 4.8 Lakh|
B Tech IIT Placements
|IIT Madras||2021 Placements|
|IIT Delhi||2021 Placements|
|IIT Bombay||2021 Placements|
|IIT Kanpur||2021 Placements|
|IIT Kharagpur||2021 Placements|
|IIT Roorkee||2021 Placements|
|IIT Guwahati||2021 Placements|
From top Fortune companies like TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Amazon, Genpact, etc, to startups and government units, B Tech graduates are in demand everywhere. Companies do placement drives in bulk from the colleges and offer good B Tech salary packages ranging from INR 5-6 LPA.
B Tech Scope
B Tech is amongst the most popular graduation courses that students pursue after completing their high school education. The best career options after completing Bachelor of Technology have been mentioned below.
MTech or Master of Technology is one of the most common courses among research enthusiasts who want to work in the field of technical research. A professional degree pursued after doing B Tech or BE, it is a 2-year postgraduate program done in the course of 4 semesters.
MTech can be done both as a full-time or part-time course. Master of Technology is also offered among various specialisations such as chemical, civil, electronics, and more. After the completion of MTech, candidates are given several opportunities by leading enterprises in the banking, engineering, public and private sectors.
MBA courses are advanced business degrees that are designed to meet the ever-growing demand in the corporate sector. With a core curriculum of subjects such as Principles of Accounting, macro, and microeconomics, Organisational Behaviour, Business Law, etc., as well as Elective Courses that include Finance, Marketing, HR, IT and many more; Master of Business Administration prepares students for the top managerial positions in a company.
B Tech FAQs
Ques. What is the full form of B Tech?
Ans. The full form of B Tech is Bachelor of Technology
Ques. What is the duration of the course?
Ans. B Tech is of 4 years duration
Ques. Is B Tech from IGNOU Valid?
Ans. The technical education regulatory agency AICTE has issued an announcement that it does not recognize remotely taught Bachelor of Technology (B Tech) courses. However, according to the Supreme Court’s ruling, they stated that AICTE respects the prestigious Supreme Court’s decision and does not object to IGNOU granting a bachelor’s degree in technology/engineering to students attending academic schools. year. 2009-10 should be regarded as a valid special case, and not as a precedent.
Ques. How to get admission in B Tech?
Ans. To get admission in B Tech course, if you want to join any of the top technical colleges then you have to appear in JEE Mains. There are several other entrance examinations as well like BITSAT, SRMJEE, VITEEE, etc. that can give you entrance in the most renowned universities of the country like VIT, BITS, Anna University, etc.
Ques. What are some major streams in B Tech?
Ans. The most preferred disciplines by Indian students are Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.
Ques. How to get admission in IITs?
Ans. To join IIT you must qualify JEE Advanced
Ques. Is it mandatory to qualify JEE Mains to sit in JEE Advanced?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory
Ques. What are the subjects in B Tech?
Ans. B Tech subjects depend upon the specialization you choose. However, some of the common subjects are Fundamentals of Computing, Network Analysis, Chemical Compositions, Metallurgy, Manufacturing Process, Material Technology, etc.
Ques. Which is the best course in B Tech?
Ans. B Tech Computer Science is the best course from the viewpoint of placements and salary packages. B Tech IT also offers equivalent job prospects while B Tech ECE Placements are comparable.
Ques. What is the average course fees of B Tech?
Ans. On the average majority of the institutes in India charge INR 1.5-2.0 Lakh per year. However, it varies from college to college. Some colleges charge only INR 80,000 for the course and then some colleges charge INR 8-9 Lakh for the program.
Ques. Which one is better, BE or B Tech?
Ans. They both are almost the same and are accepted by the majority of companies. However, B Tech is widely available in the colleges and students prefer it over B.E. The demand and scope of both courses are almost the same.
Ques. What should I do after B Tech, MBA or MTech?
Ans. I depend on whether you want to go for managerial job opportunities or want to go up in the technical field only. MBA will help you go up in the direction of Management and MTech is suitable for those who want to continue in the technical field or want to go in the teaching line.
Ques. What is the average salary of a B Tech graduate?
Ans. The average salary varies from INR 3-4 lakh to INR 8-9 lakh. It depends upon the company and the post one is selected for.
Ques. What is B Tech?
Ans. B Tech is an undergraduate engineering course. It is a 4 year course that can be done after completing their 10+2.
Ques. What is B Tech qualification?
Ans. The B Tech qualification is an engineering course at the graduate level. The course prepares students to be engineers in different fields such as software engineers, analysts, mechanical engineers, etc.
Ques. Can I do B Tech after 12th?
Ans. Yes, B Tech can be done after completing 10+2 and qualifying for a national, state or university-level entrance exam such as JEE Main, MHT-CET, REAP etc.