BSc Admission 2022 usually begin in the month of May or June. BSc Admissions are based on merit for most of the colleges. However, several universities conduct an entrance exam to offer admission to their BSc programs.
BSc is a 3-year undergraduate degree course program. It is a foundation course which provides detailed knowledge on subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology etc. The eligibility criteria for pursuing a BSc is, students have to clear their class 12 board exams with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and / or Mathematics as their compulsory subjects in class 12.
Top BSc Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline (Tentative)|
|Hindu College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||July 2022|
|Miranda House, New Delhi||Merit Based||July 2022|
|St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||July 2022|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||Merit Based||April 2022|
|Loyola College, Chennai||Merit Based admission followed by interview||June, 2022|
|Hansraj College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||July 2022|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Merit Based||June 2022|
|Kirori Mal College (KMC) New Delhi||Merit/DUET||July 2022|
|Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||July 2022|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi||Merit Based||July 2022|
BSc Admission 2022: Important Dates
BSc or Bachelor of Science has a lot of further bifurcations when it comes to the course admission. Thus students have to be very particular about the entrance dates, exam dates and registration dates for all the sub streams of BSc course. Below table has a detailed list of the important dates of top colleges offering BSc degree,
BSc Applications Dates
|Name of the Colleges||Exam Score Accepted||Application Status|
|Chandigarh University||CUCET||October - December 10, 2021|
|IGNOU||OPENNET||October - December 07, 2021|
|Amity University||Merit Based||January - May 2022|
|Christ University||CUET||October 01 - January 31, 2022 (Open)|
|St. Xaviers College, Mumbai||University held Exam||July 2022|
|University of Madras||TAN CET, UGC NET, CSIR NET||May 2022|
BSc Admission 2022: Entrance Exams
There are several BSc Entrance exams that are conducted all throughout the year like NPAT, CUCET, JET, BHU UET , etc.
Below mentioned table has a detailed list of all the exams that are conducted for BSc Admission 2022 deadlines along with their registrations and their entrance exams syllabus and prerequisites.
Entrance Exam Schedule
|Name of the Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|NPAT||February 2022||June 2022|
|CUCET||March 2022||May 2022|
|BHU UET||January 2022||March 2022|
|SUAT||January 2022||April 2022|
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for BSc courses will vary from subject to subject. There are several subjects under the BSc course, such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, etc and each subject has a different syllabus according to their core of interest and study. However, some topics that are common for all subjects are tabulated below for your convenience
|General knowledge||Comprehensive Ability||Mental Ability|
|Population & Climate Change||Numerical Ability||-|
|The Human Body & Common Disease||Environmental Studies||-|
The syllabus for BSc 3 years degree course for various subjects consists of an integrated syllabus with in-depth knowledge of the subject. There are a vast range of subjects that are included in BSc courses as a whole. Some of the core syllabus for all BSc subjects are tabulated below,
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for BSc entrance exams you should be aware of all the prerequisites as mentioned below,
- Prepare a list of colleges that you want to apply for, and the list of entrance exams that they accept
- The top BSc entrance exams include: DSAT, NPAT, BHU UET, JET etc.
- Check the eligibility and the entrance criteria for these BSc entrance exams.
- There are different subject bifurcations under BSc, check the subject and the course structure that you want to pursue and proceed accordingly with the entrance exams.
BSc Admission 2022: Admission Process
BSc Admissions for various courses are done on the basis of both merit and on the basis of the entrance exam. It however depends on the colleges that you are applying for. Below mentioned is a detailed structure of the admission process for BSc courses,
- The minimum eligibility criteria to seek admission to the BSc course for the academic year 2022-2025 is that the candidates must have obtained at least 50 - 60% of total marks in class 12 examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and/or Biology at the higher secondary level as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum age limit for this course is 18 years of age.
How to Apply?
The important points to pursue BSc courses and a stepwise admission guide is mentioned below. Candidates who are seeking BSc Admission 2022 can refer to the following points.
- Apply for the BSc Courses that you wish to pursue
- You can choose amongst a variety of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc.
- Appear for the Entrance Exam, if there is any
- After clearing appear for the GD / PI rounds
- Once shortlisted accept the admission offer
GD / PI
GD (Group Discussion) PI (Personal Interview) are the two final list of rounds that candidates have to go through for the final round of selection, where they are asked questions about their goals, ambitions, and reason of interest in the chosen course
Once you are shortlisted, you are thereafter expected to go through the counseling process, which is nothing but submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof, Photograph, Exam certificates, few declarations etc required for the BSc admission process.
BSc Admission 2022: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Gather previous year question papers available through the internet.
- Refer to the syllabus of the BSc entrance exam and schedule accordingly.
- Normally BSc Nursing Post Basic entrance exams are conducted across 5 different sections like Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science.
- Concentrate more on English and topics related to the specialization you want to pursue in BSc.
- Cover all the topics of the exam at least one month before the commencement of the exam.
- Practice various mock tests available to eliminate the exam pressure.
BSc Admissions 2022: FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required for BSc admission 2022?
Ans. The documents essential for BSc admission are mentioned below:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- School Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Entrance Exam Scorecard
Ques. Is the HSC board syllabus enough for BSc admission?
Ans. Yes, it is enough as the candidates from any recognized board of education are eligible to apply for BSc admission.
Ques. How to get admission to a BSc course at Andhra University?
Ans. BSc admission in Andhra University is done through a merit-based process. However, candidates with entrance exams are also given preference.
Ques. What are the cutoff marks for a BSc admission through CMI?
Ans. The cutoff mark for the BSc admission through CMI is around 67 marks.
Ques. How is the percentage calculated for the admission of BSc courses in DU?
Ans. The percentage for the admission of BSc course in DU is calculated based on the format of PCM/B. P, C, M, and B denote the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology respectively.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage of marks required for the BSc admission 2022?
Ans. The minimum percentage of marks required for BSc admission is about 50 - 60% for admission into a good institution.
Ques. How many marks are required for admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam 2022?
Ans. Around 270 - 300 marks are required for admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam.