Bachelor of Arts is a 3 year undergraduate course in India. Students studying Bachelor of Arts degree will study a specialisation which means students have to complete core and elective coursework of the specialisation along with the general study requirements of Bachelor of Arts degree. Students can opt for any type of Bachelor of arts degree such as BA History, BA Psychology, BA economics, BA Hindi, BA English etc where the specialisation is History, Psychology, Economics consecutively.
BA Full Form is Bachelor of Arts. Bachelor of Arts is one of India's most popular undergraduate degree programs. Every year, over 9 million students pursue Bachelor of Arts courses in a variety of disciplines like History, Hindi, English, Psychology, and Journalism after graduating from high school. Check: Arts Courses
BA Admission 2022 takes place mainly on a merit-based but some top BA Colleges take admission tests for students. Students need to score good marks in class 12 in order to get admission to a good BA college. The minimum eligibility for a Bachelor of Arts is 50% in class 12.
Learn More: Full Form of Arts Courses
Bachelor of Arts is available in various formats apart from Full Time course. BA Distance Education is a popular choice for students who wish to do BA courses from the comforts of their home. IGNOU is the best choice for students who wish to BA distance Education within an affordable fee of INR 6000.
Bachelor of arts can be done in various specializations. BA Specialisations include BA English, BA Hindi, BA History, BA Political science etc. Students will choose the specialization according to the career they want to have for themselves. BA Jobs are as varied as the number of specialisations that come with them. Students can become probationary officers or IAS officers after completing their graduation with BA Degree. Students can become Content writers, Freelance content writers or technical content writers after completing a Bachelor of Arts. Content Writer Salary ranges between INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000.
According to payscale, graduates of BA Economics, BA Anthropology, and BA English are highly paid in India. BA economics graduate can earn INR 7,00,000 LPA while a BA anthropology graduate can earn INR 9,25,000 LPA.
Bachelor of Arts: Course Details
|BA Full Form||Bachelor of Arts|
|BA Course Duration||3 Years|
|BA Eligibility||50% in class 12th|
|BA Admission||Merit Based and Entrance Exam Based|
|Bachelor of Arts Courses||BA History, BA English, BA Hindi, BA economics, BA Sociology etc|
|BA Course in Open University||IGNOU|
|Bachelor of Arts Jobs||Psychiatrist, Historian, Sociologist, Author, Writer etc|
About Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts focuses on subjects such as Humanities, Social Studies and Liberal Arts. There are a variety of specializations like History, English, Philosophy, Economics, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, etc to pursue in Bachelor of Arts. The average duration of a Bachelor of Arts ranges from 3 years for both regular and distance courses. Post completing BA degree, students can choose to study further such as MA and PhD in the same or relevant discipline.
Why Study Bachelor of Arts?
With over 9 million people choosing to pursue Bachelor of Arts, BA degree has become one of the most popular courses in India. The following are some of the reasons why you should pursue BA after class 12:
- A bachelor's degree in the arts provides more diverse career opportunities than a bachelor's degree in science or commerce.
- Unlike, BSc, BBA, or BCom which concentrates on a specific discipline, Bachelor of Arts concentrates on a broad range of concepts.
- Aspirants with a BA degree have the option of working in healthcare, Management, business, Finance, Commerce, or any other field.
- Because most government jobs and government exams, such as the SSC, require candidates to have a degree in the arts, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts is the best option for those who want to work in the government sector.
- There are just as many job opportunities for Bachelor of Arts graduates as there are for IT and Medical Courses.
- Cultural knowledge is emphasized in the Bachelor of Arts, which is not taught in other courses. Check: Fine Arts Courses
- The Bachelor of Arts focuses more on emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. See Also: Culinary Arts Courses
Who Should do Bachelor of Arts?
- Students who want to learn about different cultures and backgrounds should consider pursuing a BA in Literature.
- BA psychology can be studied by those who are interested in human psychology and study the ways to deal with emotional stress and related health complications.
- Bachelor of Arts also lets those students who want to explore earth, and its history, study geography via BA Geography or history via BA History.
- Students who want to specialize in one of the languages can consider pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in various specializations such as BA Hindi, BA English, BA French, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts also lets students who want to make a career in journalism, pursue BA Journalism and get jobs at top reputed media companies.
When to do Bachelor of Arts?
- Students who have completed class 12 may wish to pursue a Bachelor of Arts.
- Top BA colleges consider students with 95% or higher in class 12 for admission to their BA program.
- Hence, an aspirant should aim to score good marks in class 12 itself to get admission to the best BA colleges in India and pursue Bachelor of Arts right after.
BA Course: Admission Process
In India, admission to BA program is available through both merit and entrance exam.
- BA Admission through Merit: Colleges create a cut-off list, and if your score falls within that range, you are eligible to enroll in that program. The Cut off list in elite colleges like Hindu College, Miranda House, St. Stephens College, Gargi College, etc. goes up to 98% for Bachelor of arts.
- BA Admission through Entrance: A few colleges, including Banaras Hindu University and Delhi University, accept admission via entrance exams such as JNUEE, BHU UET, DUET, etc. The results of these entrance exams and/or Class XII results are taken into account when applying for a Bachelor of Arts course.
The bachelor of arts admissions process is the same for both merit and entrances types, including registration, uploading documents, and payment of application fees. The only difference is that one needs to collect the admit card and sit for the entrances in case of admission through entrances.
BA Admission 2022
Bachelor of Arts Admission 2022 has commenced in DU from August 2022 and the last date to register for the same is on August 2022. Mentioned below are some of the crucial facts about BA Admission 2022,
- Bachelor of Arts Admission 2022 is done majorly on the basis of merit of class 12. Few colleges such as BHU, St. Xaviers, Jadavpur University, and Loyola College conduct entrance exams.
- A candidate should score 50% marks in class 12 to be eligible for Bachelor of Arts admission 2022. Top BA colleges ask for a higher merit score of 90% or higher.
- The registrations for Bachelor of Arts admission 2022 usually commence during the month of May and June 2022.
- Delhi University and its affiliated colleges will start their merit-based UG applications process from August 2022.
- Patna Women’s College and Christ University have already started their registration process for BA admission 2022.
- Bachelor of Arts Admission 2022 in IGNOU will begin from June 2022 and the last date for registration is September 2022 tentatively.
- The top BA entrance exams include- JNUEE, Calcutta University Entrance Exam, NPAT, IPU-CET, BHU-UET, TISSBAT.
BA Course: Eligibility Criteria
Any aspirant willing to pursue Bachelor of Arts must check the mentioned below eligibility criteria to be fulfilled.
- The basic Bachelor of arts eligibility is to secure a minimum of 40-50 % in Class XII from any recognized university.
- If aiming to study in Delhi University, Mumbai University or other prestigious universities, one needs to score more than 90%.
- SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled candidates get a 5% of relaxation as per the government rules.
BA Entrance Exams
There are a list of entrance exams that are conducted for enrolling students in a Bachelor of Arts. Listed below are few of the top entrance exams along with other crucial prerequisites for your reference,
- Students who want to pursue a Bachelor of Arts are required to clear the entrance exam enlisted for the course.
- Admissions to Bachelor of Arts are done on the basis of the score in the entrance exam and the interview round, conducted by the respective Universities.
- There are several entrance exams such as BHU-UET, IPU-CET, TISSBAT, JNUEE, NPAT etc, that a candidate can apply for based on the college he/she wants to apply to.
BA Entrance Exam Dates 2022
In some BA colleges like BHU, Calcutta University, Patna Women’s College, etc. Bachelor of Arts Admission takes place through the following entrance exams.
|Exam Name||Application Period||Exam Date|
|NPAT||December 23, 2021 – June 5, 2022||April 1 to June 10, 2022|
|BHU UET||Second week of February, 2022 – Third week of March, 2022||Third week to fourth week of May, 2022|
|TISS BAT||August, 2022 – September, 2022||September, 2022|
|IPU CET||March 4, 2022 – April 30, 2022||1st week of May 2022|
|JNUEE||2nd week of May 2022 – 1st week of June 2022||June, 2022|
BA Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Top BA Colleges in India admit students based on class XII marks. BA Cut-off scores in Miranda, Gargi, Hindu, go up to 98-99%. Hence, it becomes crucial to prepare well for the class 12 exams as well as entrance exams.
- Keep a track of colleges to which you want to apply, and fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Try to ensure that the applications for BA colleges should be submitted well before time for a hassle-free process.
- To make a proper time table is a must when preparing for the entrances.
- One must have enough ideas on what is happening in and around the world, as well as remain updated about the colleges, exams and admission procedures.
Types of Bachelor of Arts
Other than a regular Bachelor of Arts of 3 years duration, an aspirant can pursue BA in distance mode or online mode, designed as per the demands of individuals who want to pursue Bachelor of Arts from their homes, or along with their full-time jobs.
|Types of BA||Eligibility||Duration||Average Fees|
|Full-time BA||10+2 from a recognised board with 50% marks||3 years||INR 10,000 - 80,000|
|Distance BA||10+2 qualifying degree from a recognized board.||3-6 Years||INR 6,000 - 20,000|
|Online BA||10+2 degree from a recognized board.||3 years||INR 40 000 to 1,00, 000|
Full Time BA
- Full time Bachelor of Arts are the most widely available and the most in-demand type of BA Course in India.
- CU, DU, MU and other top Colleges provide Bachelor of Arts.
- Admission to full-time Bachelor of Arts is based on merit or entrance exams conducted by some universities.
- The average fees for Bachelor of Arts ranges from INR 3000 to INR 10,000.
- Bachelor of Arts in Private Colleges have higher fees which ranges from INR 60,000 to INR 3,00,000.
- Bachelor of Arts is available in various specializations such as BA Hindi, BA English, BA LLB, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts is also available in Distance mode. This is a boon for students who are working or have a shortage of time or money.
- IGNOU offers a Distance Bachelor of Arts for 3 to 6 years.
- To take admission to IGNOU’s degree programme they have to pass its Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) first.
- Other colleges that offer Distance BA are TNOU, KSOU, USOL, etc.
- The average Distance BA fees is INR 6,000 to 20,000.
- Amity University provides a Bachelor of Arts (BA) Online degree which is UGC approved.
- A candidate who has passed class 12 from a recognized board is eligible for Online BA.
- Amity University offers Online BA for a duration of 3 years, at a course fee of INR 1,50,000.
- Apart from Amity University Online, Online BA courses are widely offered online by foreign universities such as Harvard University.
- The admission process requires no entrance exams, or other prerequisites; an aspirant can simply apply to the college website by submitting an application and starting the course.
Distance BA is a 3-6 years correspondence course. IGNOU, TNOU, Karnataka State Open University are the top BA distance education colleges in India. The syllabus is almost the same as a regular course and there are weekly classes that the student has to attend.
See More: BA Distance Education Colleges in India
Distance BA: Admission 2022
Distance BA Admission is done on the basis of merit. The students will have to apply in the college the student is interested in and the students will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in Class 12.
The documents that are required for the admission process of BA Distance Education are mentioned below:
- Marksheet of Class 12 Boards exam
- Pass Certificate of Class 12 Board Exam
- Self addressed stamped 3 envelopes.
- Community, Nativity and Income certificates in original (in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC/OBC who are eligible for marks relaxation/fee concession)
- Self attested copy of the S.S.L.C/S.S.C page etc. showing the date of birth.
- Certificate from the employer, for availing relaxation in minimum marks in the case of teachers, Govt.employees, University employees etc.
- IGNOU admits students to its distance BA programme from both formal and non-formal schemes. The non-formal stream consists of those students who have not cleared 10+2 or equivalent exams.
- To take admission to IGNOU BA programme, they have to pass its Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) first.
- Learners who successfully complete 48 credits in any one discipline will be given a BA Major Degree, whereas others will be awarded a BA General Degree.
- Students have to select at least 8 credits from the Application-Oriented Courses group.
10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.
Distance BA From DU
- Delhi University has DU SOL which provides Distance BA courses in English, Political Science and General BA program.
- Admission to the Distance BA program from DU is based on the applications received from the candidate, if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible for Distance BA from DU, an applicant must score at least 45-65% marks in class 12 with the specialization subject in class 12.
- The average course fee to pursue distance BA from DU ranges between INR 3,400-3,600.
|Average Fees||INR 3,400-3,600|
|Specializations||General, Political Science, English|
|Application Dates||Started from 31 December 2021|
|Eligibility||10+2 with at least 45% marks in the best five subjects|
Distance BA in Nalanda Open University
- NOU Patna offers Distance BA in various specializations such as Geography and Home Science for a duration of 3 years.
- An aspirant should hold an intermediate degree in any stream to be eligible for distance BA at NOU Patna.
- The admission process is merit and application based at NOU Patna. The applications are open till the month of September 2022.
- The average fee to pursue Distance BA in Nalanda Open University is INR 2,400.
|Eligibility||Intermediate in any stream|
|Application Dates||September 2022|
BA syllabus depend upon the course taken, but following are the common BA subjects taught throughout the course duration, along with electives:
|BA Subjects & Syllabus|
|BA English Syllabus|
|English Literature||Concurrent – Discipline Centered||Anglo-American Writing from 1930/ Literary Theory/ Women’s Writing of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries/ Modern European Drama|
|Twentieth-Century Indian Writing||Contemporary Literature||Nineteenth-Century European Realism/ Classical Literature/ Forms of Popular Fiction|
|Concurrent – Qualifying Language||-||-|
|BA Political Science Syllabus|
|Constitutional Government and Democracy in India||Generic Elective||Indian Political Thought|
|Understanding Political Theory||Language - MIL/ English Environmental Science||Classical Political Philosophy|
|Political Process in India||Introduction to Comparative Government & Politics||Modern Political Philosophy|
|Political Theory-Concepts and Debates||Environmental Science Language - MIL/ English||Modern Indian Political Thought|
|Ability Enhancement Course||Pol. Process & Inst. in Comparative Perspective||Ability Enhancement Course|
|Perspectives on International Relations||Perspectives on Public Administration||Public Policy and Administration in India|
|Generic Elective||Global Politics||-|
|BA History Syllabus|
|History of India||Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Ancient World||Generic Elective (Interdisciplinary Any Four): Environmental Issues In India, Research Methodology in History, Making of Contemporary India, Delhi: Ancient, Delhi: Medieval, Delhi: Modern or Issues in the Contemporary World Any Two: Understanding Heritage/ Art Appreciation: An Introduction to Indian Art/ Archives and museums/ Understanding Popular Culture
|Social Formations and Cultural Patterns of the Medieval World||Rise of Modern West||History of Modern East Asia|
|History of Modern Europe||History Of Southeast Asia: 19th Century||-|
|BA Philosophy Syllabus|
|Indian Philosophy||Logic||Philosophy of Language (Indian & Western)|
|Greek Philosophy||Ethics||Philosophy of Religion (Indian & Western)|
|Western Philosophy: Descartes to Kant||Social & Political Philosophy: Indian and Western||Truth Functional Logic|
|Applied Ethics||Text of Indian Philosophy||Continental Philosophy|
|Text of Western Philosophy||Analytic Philosophy||-|
|BA Economics Syllabus|
|Introductory Microeconomics||Mathematical Methods for Economics||Discipline-Specific Elective|
|Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course||Generic Elective||Development Economics|
|Introductory Macroeconomics||Mathematical Methods for Economics||Development Economics|
|Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course||Intermediate Microeconomics||Indian Economy|
|Statistical Methods for Economics||Skill Enhancement Course||Indian Economy|
|Intermediate Microeconomics & Macroeconomics||Introductory Econometrics||Skill Enhancement Course|
|Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science||History of Art and Architecture in India||Making of Modern Kerala|
|Basics of Archeology||Introduction to Sociology||Development of Sociological Theory|
|Cultural Transition in Pre-Modern Kerala||Methods of Archeology||History of Folklore|
|BA Sociology Syllabus|
|Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science||History of Art and Architecture in India||Introduction to Archives and Records|
|Basics of Archeology||Introduction to Sociology||Archival Conservation and Reprography|
|Cultural Transition in Pre-Modern Kerala||Methods of Archeology||Growth of Indian Archeology|
|History of Folklore||Development of Sociological Theory||Archeological Sites and Monuments in India|
|Making of Modern Kerala||Informatics||Governmental Machinery and Processes|
|Basics of Indian Numismatics||Introduction to Political Science||Development of Numismatics in India|
|Understanding the Past||Early Societies in India||-|
|BA Anthropology Syllabus|
|Introduction to Social Anthropology||Introduction to Biological Anthropology||Fundamental of Human Origins and Evolution|
|Archeological Anthropology-I & II||Technical Writing & Communication in English/ Computational Skills||Anthropology In Practice|
|Anthropology of Kinship||Biostatistics and Data Analysis||Field work dissertation|
|Theories of Culture and Society||Human Genetics||Genomic Diversity in Human Populations|
|Primate Biology / Cell Biology-I||Molecular Biology-I & II||Genetics & Genomics|
|Tribes and Peasants in India||Anthropology of religion, politics & economy||Human Ecology: Social and Cultural Dimensions|
|Biodiversity & Indigenous Knowledge / Cell Biology II||Anthropology of India||Biological Diversity in Human Populations|
|Human Ecology: Biological Dimensions||-||-|
|BA Rural Studies|
|Elements of Rural Development||Rural Development Policies and Programmes||Indian Rural Social Scene|
|Indian Rural Economic Scene||-||-|
|BA Geography Syllabus|
|Cartographic Techniques||Geography of Population||Optional: Agricultural Geography, BioGeography, Political Geography, Geography of Tourism, Contemporary Environmental Issues and Rural Development|
|Concurrent – Qualifying Language||Analytical Physical Geography||Field Techniques|
|Oceanography||Thematic Cartography (Practical)||Geographical Information System|
|Geography of Settlements||Concurrent – Credit Language||Evolution of Geographical Thought|
|Economic Geography||Environmental Geography||Regional Planning: Case Studies|
|Remote Sensing (Practical)||Urban Geography||Geography of India|
|Concurrent – Interdisciplinary||Geography of Natural Resources||Social Geography|
|Spatial Dimensions of Development||Statistical Methods in Geography||-|
|BA Social Work|
|Beginnings of Social Work||Fundamental of Social Work||Research in Social Work|
|Sociology for Social Work||Concurrent Field Work||NGO Movement|
|Concurrent- Qualifying Language||Basic Concepts in Psychology||Social Welfare and Administration|
|Contemporary Social Concerns||Social Psychology||Areas of Social Work Practice II|
|Concurrent- credit Language||Working with Individuals||Social Policy and Social Development|
|Working with Groups||Social Deviance and Social Problems||Social Action and Movements|
|Community Organization||Communication and Development||Social Legislation and Human Rights|
|Physical, Mental and Community Health||-||-|
|BA Psychology Syllabus|
|Introduction to Psychology||Statistical Methods for Psychological Research-I||Health Psychology|
|Environmental Science||General Psychology||Counseling Psychology|
|Psychology for Health and Well-being||Understanding Psychological Disorders||Community Psychology|
|English Communication||Youth, Gender and Identity||Organizational Behavior|
|Development of Psychological||Psychological Research||Positive Psychology|
|Psychology of Individual Differences||Biopsychology||Developmental Psychology|
|Social Psychology||Emotional Intelligence||Human Resource Management|
|Psychology at Work||Stress Management||Dealing with Psychological Disorders|
|Statistical Methods for Psychological Research-II||Applied Social Psychology||-|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Media Studies|
|Religious Studies||Any Other Linguistics Course|
BA Elective Subjects
Some of the BA Course electives are tabulated below:
|Elements of Rural Development||Understanding Human Language||Archaeological Anthropology|
|Urban Geography||Economy and Society||Introductory Econometrics|
|Communication and Development||Ethics In Public Domain||Philosophy of mind|
|Developmental Psychology||Environmental Issues In India||Global Politics|
|Contemporary Literature||Public Policy and Administration in India||Ability Enhancement Course|
The specialisation under BA Course are mentioned below. Bachelor of arts has a lot of specializations to choose from like BA Hindi, BA English, BA LLB, BA Psychology, etc.
- BA Hindi is a 3 year long undergraduate level bachelor degree course in the Hindi language.
- This course covers topics like communication skills, Communications skills in other languages, Reading literature, Translation theory and practice, Linguistics, history of Hindi literature, contemporary Hindi literature, etc.
- Top colleges for BA Hindi include Miranda House, Hindu College, Madras Christian College etc.
- The average fees range around INR 15,000 to INR 35,000.
BA Hindi IGNOU
|Eligibility||10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU|
- B.A. English is a 3-year UG Course that deals with the various parts of English as a language, both written and spoken.
- BA English admissions take place on the basis of merit of the student’s 12th standard marks obtained.
- Some institutes do hold entrance examinations to admit students.
- BA English is an excellent choice for careers in teaching, media, and advertising, writing, and publishing.
BA English IGNOU
|Eligibility||10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU|
- BA LLB is a professional integrated law course which is suitable for students who want to become a lawyer.
- BA LLB Syllabus contains both Arts subjects and Law subjects.
- Law Entrance Exams are available for students who wish to pursue this course.
- Average BA LLB Course Fees can be around INR 1.5- 7 Lakhs, but in colleges like KIIT, the fee may be upto INR 15 Lakhs.
BA LLB Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Application Period||Exam Date|
|CLAT||January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022||May 8, 2022|
|LSAT||October 18, 2021 to January 3, 2022||January 15, 2022 and May 09, 2022|
Check Out: BA LLB Colleges
Top BA Specializations
Top BA Colleges in India
Top BA colleges in India are centered around major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, etc. The tables below will discuss the top BA colleges across 5 metropolitan cities in India,
BA Colleges in Mumbai
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College||4825|
|Mithibai College of Arts||8000|
|Amity University Mumbai||80,000|
|Whistling Woods International||9,00,000|
|SP Jain School of Management||12,77,940|
|DG Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce||5805|
BA Colleges in Delhi
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||20370|
|Indian Institute of Art and Design||4,68,975|
|Jesus and Mary College||15610|
|Sri Venkateswara College||12405|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce||9095|
BA Colleges in Kolkata
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|St Xaviers College||32600|
|Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose College||8600|
|University of Calcutta||2899|
|Deshbandhu College for Girls||4530|
|Maharaja Sris Chandra College||2450|
BA Colleges in Bangalore
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|St Joseph’s College||28800|
|Universal Group of Institutions||150000|
|Brindavan Group of Institutions||105600|
|RS College of Management||200000|
|SEA College of Arts and Commerce||55,000|
|SJR College of Arts, Commerce and Science||6000|
|The National Degree College||9000|
|London American City College||20000|
BA Colleges in Pune
|College Name||Fees (INR)|
|St Mira College for Girls||19350|
|Abeda Inamdar Senior College||9240|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University||16000|
|Hutatma Rajguru Mahavidyalaya||7120|
|Tikaram jagannath College of Arts, Commerce and Science||5400|
|MU College of Commerce||2400|
|MIT Art, design and Technology University||45000|
Top BA Colleges Abroad
Aspirants can find top BA colleges in US, UK and Canada to pursue various specializations in BA courses.
BA Colleges in USA
|College Name||Fees (USD)|
|University of California||44000|
|University of Chicago||56000|
|University of Pennsylvania||50500|
|Johns Hopkins University||54200|
BA Colleges in UK
|College Name||Fees (USD)|
|University of Cambridge||44500|
|University of Oxford||33000|
|University College London||23400|
|University of Edinburgh||37300|
|Kings College of London||38500|
|University of Manchster||26400|
|University of Glasgow||26500|
|University of Bristol||23000|
|University of Southampton||25700|
|University of Warwick||22100|
BA Colleges in Canada
|College Name||Fees (USD)|
|University of Toronto||45600|
|University of British Columbia||32200|
|University of Montreal||14400|
|University of Alberta||22100|
|University of Calgary||16600|
|University of Waterloo||32300|
|University of Ontario Institute of Technology||18200|
BA Colleges in Australia
|College Name||Fees (USD)|
|Australian National University||27900|
|University of Melbourne||23800|
|University of NSW||24300|
|University of Sydney||25500|
|University of Queensland||32500|
|University of Adelaide||28500|
|University of Western Australia||22800|
|University of Wollongong||16200|
- BA degree holders become eligible to work in both government and private sectors with an average salary ranging from INR 4-7LPA.
- Educational Institutes, Economic Development, Export Companies, Foreign Affairs, Law Firms, Lobbying Firms, Media Houses, etc. are some of the main domains for these candidates to work.
- Bachelor of Arts students with less than 1 year of experience can expect a minimum salary of around INR 18,000- 25,000. In cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc., you can expect a minimum salary of INR 22,000- 28,000.
- In other cities, the minimum salary can start from INR 15,000- 18,000 but it largely depends upon the job profile and the company.
- Deloitte, ITC Hotels, NIIT, Byju’s, Toppr, BCG, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, KPMG, Accenture, etc. are some of the top recruiting companies of Bachelor of Arts.
Courses After BA
- Candidates after Bachelor of Arts courses can go for professional courses like MBA, LLB, B.Ed, etc as well.
- Apart from these there are several professional diploma courses also like photography, language studies (French, Spanish, etc.), graphic designing, digital marketing, etc. which will help you get better jobs in the market.
- Students with a BA degree can do an MBA Course. The eligibility criteria for MBA is to have a bachelor course with more than 50%.
- Students will have to take preparation for MBA Entrance Exams in order to study MBA after BA.
- Since there is no bar on the age of the student to study LLB, studying LLB after BA is not a problem anymore.
- Students with a bachelor degree can study LLB which will last 3 years.
You can pursue MA in various specializations like:
|MA Development Studies||MA Gender Studies||MA Journalism||MA Sociology|
|MA History||MA Education||MA International Relations||MA English|
|MA Economics||MA Psychology||MA Political Science||MA Anthropology|
After doing a Bachelor of Arts, you have a wide array of options of industry jobs, higher education and government sector jobs.
BA Course: Top Recruiters
|Accenture||INR 3.39 LPA|
|TATA Consultancy Services (TCS)||INR 2.02 LPA|
|HCL Technologies||INR 2.1 LPA|
|Genpact||INR 2.28 LPA|
|HDFC Bank||INR 2 LPA|
|Cognizant||INR 3 LPA|
|Deloitte||INR 2.9 LPA|
Top BA Job Profiles
|Job Profile||Description||Average Salary (INR)|
|Content Creator||Content creators can be employed in any field ranging from copywriting to travel writing, blogging, etc. They are also required in big MNCs to develop content for brands and advertising.||3.5 LPA|
|Academic Writing and Editing||Academic writers usually write content for research articles or papers and edit the already written articles for further modifications.||4 LPA|
|Air Hostess/ Flight Attendant||They are responsible for the safety of passengers inside the flight, taking care of them and serving them onboard.||6 LPA|
|Political Consultant||A political consultant studies the origin, development, and operation of political systems, which may include public opinion, ideology, political decision-making,||7.5 LPA|
|Author/ Writer||An Author writes fictional, academic, non fictional or any genre of books or short stories, apart from different sorts of literature mediums.||4.5 LPA|
|Historian||A historian usually writes or outlines the chronological account or record of past or current events in history, dealing with some phase of human activity, either in terms of individuals, or social, ethnic, political, or geographic groupings.||4.5 LPA|
|Psychologist||A psychologist employs their education and practical knowledge to provide diagnostic interviews, psychological testing, and individual, group psychotherapy, etc. They can work individually or may work as part of a multidisciplinary team or professionals.||4.2 LPA|
|Executive Assistant||An Executive Assistant performs the role similar to a secretary or administrative assistant. They usually perform tasks from accepting and making phone calls, setting business meeting agendas to reviewing incoming reports, etc.||6 LPA|
|Counsellor||A counselor guides students or professionals about their career and studies as per the client’s interest. They work either individually or under some counselling company.||3.5 LPA|
|Foreign Language Expert||Foreign language experts are the professionals who help to translate conversations and written files to overcome language barriers in business and communication.||4 LPA|
|Social Worker||Social work can be done in any field like child labour, women's rights, unemployment, anima services, etc. There are so many government institutions and organizations which require social workers. They are also employed by national and international NGOs.||2.9 LPA|
|Archaeologist||An Archaeologist investigates historic and prehistoric sites and examines the physical remains to understand human links to the past and to preserve past cultures.||3.5 LPA|
After BA Government Jobs
Many Bachelor of Arts students give exams like UPSC, IAS, SSC, etc. to get a job with a higher pay scale in the government sector. You can also clear the bank exams and get employment as a manager or senior executive in a bank.
|Company Name||Last Date to Apply|
|National Book Trust||4th January 2022|
|TANUVAS||22nd December 2022|
|IIT Kanpur||15th December 2022|
|Competition Commission of India||17th December 2022|
|Women and Child Development||17th December 2022|
|Deendayal Post Trust||5th December 2022|
|SFRI Jabalpur||10th November 2022|
|Air India Limited||18th September 2022|
|IIM Bangalore||31st December 2022|
|NIT Patna||8 November 2022|
Below are the major Bachelor of Arts jobs with role description and average salary offered:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (INR)|
|Content Creator||3.5 LPA|
|Academic Writing and Editing||4 LPA|
|Air Hostess/ Flight Attendant||6 LPA|
|Political Consultant||7.5 LPA|
|Author/ Writer||4.5 LPA|
|Executive Assistant||6 LPA|
|Foreign Language Expert||4 LPA|
|Social Worker||2.9 LPA|
Ques. What is BA Full form?
Ans. Full form of BA is Bachelor of Arts.
Ques: What are the common BA subjects?
Ans. It includes English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Philosophy, etc. apart from many elective courses like Fine Arts, Psychology, Economics, etc.
Ques What are the common BA jobs?
Ans. BA graduates find employment in private, public and government sectors in profession like Political Consultant and Analyst, Intelligence Specialist, Archivist, Historian, Museologist, Lobbyist, Restaurant Operations, Public Relations, Content writing and editing, Counselor, Consultant, Policy Maker, Flight Attendant, Academic Writer, Executive Assistant, Associate, Social Worker, etc.
Ques. What is Bachelor of Arts in English?
Ans. Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English is a 3-year undergraduate academic course in the language English and English Literature. It is offered in various private and public universities and includes subjects like English Literature, Twentieth Century Indian Writing, British Poetry and Drama, American Literature, etc.
Ques. Is a BA degree worth it?
Ans. Yes, it is totally worth it. First of all, the fees to pursue BA is less than any other degree out there. Secondly, there are so many career options after BA like higher education in MA, BA LLB, MBA, etc. and job offers as well in positions of Political Consultant and Analyst, Intelligence Specialist, Archivist, Historian, Museologist, Lobbyist, Restaurant Operations, Public Relations, Content writing and editing, Counselor, Consultant, Policy Maker, Flight Attendant, Academic Writer, Executive Assistant, Associate, Social Worker, etc.
Know more BA Jobs & Career Options
Ques. What course should I do after BA?
Ques. Is BA a professional degree?
Ans. No, BA is an academic degree that provides a base to students who want to study liberal arts, social science and humanities.
Ques. How many subjects are there in BA courses?
Ans. Five compulsory subjects are taught in BA and there is an option to choose a wide variety of electives like Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, etc., apart from the five subjects.
Ques. What are some top BA colleges in Delhi?
Ans. Top BA Colleges in Delhi are Miranda House, St. Stephen’s, Kirori Mal, Hansraj, Hindu College, Gargi College, etc.
Ques. What is the duration and fees of BA course in IGNOU?
Ans. BA course in IGNOU can be done between 3 year to 5years.
Ques. Why do students do BA LLB?
Ans. BA LLB is a 5-year integrated law course which students can do right after Class XII. Its curriculum is made in such a way that both law and art subjects are included in the entire course. This course is for students who want to become professional lawyers.
Ques. Is BA difficult?
Ans. No pursuing a BA is not too difficult. Candidates can pursue BA from regular colleges or distance and part-time mode as per their convinience.