B Pharmacy Admission 2022 is mostly based on an entrance exam. Candidates can appear for any state level or national level entrance exam to seek admission to the B Pharmacy course.
B Pharmacy admissions in several universities take place in the month of April and May. Various states such as Maharashtra, West Bengal conduct state level entrance exams to offer B Pharmacy Admission 2022. B Pharmacy Admission is done mostly on the basis of the results of Entrance Examinations like NEET, BITSAT, WBJEE etc. However few colleges enroll students on the basis of Merit.
B Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy, which deals with the intricacies of preparing medicines and dispensing them.
Top B Pharmacy Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test||To be Announced|
|Panjab University||PU CET||To be Announced|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||MAH CET||To be Announced|
|BITS, Pilani||BITSAT||To be Announced|
|BIT Mesra||BHMCET/ NEET UG||May 2022|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||MET||December 2021|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Merit Based||March 2022|
|SPPSPTM, Mumbai||NMIMS CET||To be Announced|
|BIT, Ranchi||Merit/ Entrance Based||To be Announced|
|SRM College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||To be Announced|
|Annamalai University||Merit Based||To be Announced|
|Usha Martin University||Merit Based||February 20, 2022 onwards|
|ISF College of Pharmacy||Merit Based||February 22, 2022 onwards|
|NMIMS, Mumbai||Entrance Based||February 19 – July 24, 2022|
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: Entrance Exams
There are several B Pharmacy Entrance exams that are conducted all throughout the year like NEET, BITSAT, JEE, UPSEE, PUCET etc.
Below mentioned table has a detailed list of all the exams that are conducted for B Pharmacy Admission 2022 deadlines along with their registrations and their entrance exams syllabus and prerequisites.
Entrance Exam Schedule
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: Syllabus
B Pharmacy itself is a huge course that consists of a variety of subjects, belonging from the pharmaceutical stream. Below mentioned is a detailed list of the B Pharmacy syllabus both for Admissions and the course syllabus as well.
Below tabulated is the list of B Pharmacy Admission Syllabus
|Units & Measurements||Rotational Motion||Wave|
|Kinetics||Power & Energy||Heat & Thermodynamics|
|Law of Motion||Gravitation||Electrostatics|
|Impulse & Momentum||Mechanics of Solids & Fluids||Current Electricity|
|Work & Energy||Oscillation||Optics|
|State of Matter||Surface Chemistry||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|Atomic Structure||Stereochemistry||Biological Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|Chemical bonding & Molecular Structure||Hydrogen & S Block Elements||Chemical Dynamics|
|Electrochemistry||P-d and f-block elements||-|
|Genetics and Evolution||Diversity in Living World||Cell: The unit of life, structure & functions|
|Structure & Function of Plants||Reproduction, Growth & Movement in Plants||Ecology and Environment|
|Structure and Function of Animals||Reproduction and Development in Humans||Biology and Human welfare|
|Trigonometry||Ordinary Differential Equations||Linear Programming|
|Two dimensional coordinate Geometry||Vectors||Mathematical Modelling|
|Grammar||Logical Reasoning||Non-Verbal reasoning|
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for B Pharmacy entrance exams you should be aware of all the prerequisites as mentioned below,
- Prepare a list of colleges that you want to apply for, and the list of entrance exams that they accept
- The top B Pharmacy entrance exams include: NEET, BITSAT, UPSEE, KCET, MHT CET etc.
- Check the eligibility and the entrance criteria for these B Pharmacy entrance exams.
- Some of the entrance exams are of national level that are accepted by a majority of colleges, however exams like MH-CET are state level exams that are accepted by state level B Pharmacy colleges
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: Admission Process
B Pharmacy Admission processes are done both on the basis of merit as well as on the entrance exams. It depends from college to college. Below mentioned is a detailed structure of the entire admission process for B Pharmacy Admission 2022.
There are a list of eligibility criteria that students have to follow before applying for admission in B Pharmacy course. They are as follows,
- Students should have cleared their 10+2 examinations with 50% and with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English
- Students who have cleared 10+2 from non-formal based schools such as NIOS and state based open schooling are not eligible for this course
- Students should complete 17 years of age before 31st December of the year of admission to the Pharma college
- Students who have cleared B Pharmacy entrance examinations like MET, BITSAT, JEE, KCET are eligible for this course
How to Apply?
Applications for B Pharmacy Admission is not at all a difficult task, if the guidelines are adhered to. Below mentioned in bullets are the simple steps to follow for a hassle free application process,
The application process for B Pharmacy is mentioned below,
- Candidates can directly visit the institution's website and fill the registration form.
- Registration part requires the basic contact details and then the candidate will receive the required credentials for filling further application part for direct admission or for the entrance test.
- After filling the application, candidates need to wait for the merit list generated by the institution which is either based on the entrance result or on the graduation result submitted by the candidates.
- Later, candidates were informed for final document verification and admission fees submission.
Short listed candidates are invited to take part in the final selection rounds which includes PI & GD
- Many top B Pharmacy colleges conduct PI (Personal Interview) for the final round of selection
- Colleges who grant admission on the basis of merit conduct GD / PI as the final selection round
Once you are shortlisted, you are thereafter expected to go through the counselling process, which is nothing but submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof, Photograph, Exam certificates, few declarations etc required for the B Pharmacy admission process.
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: Top Colleges
B Pharmacy is one of the top most sought after courses in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences. The course has an in-depth study of the hradcore subjects related to the field of pharmacy. So that would eventually lead to the search of top B Pharmacy colleges.
Some of the top B Pharmacy colleges in India are tabulated below,
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)||Final Selection|
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandalam||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: Tips to Clear the Entrance Exam
Below mentioned are few of the important tips to clear a B Pharmacy entrance exam for your reference,
- Different institutions have different patterns and syllabus for the test but there are some common sections that the candidate should focus upon such as General Knowledge, Verbal Aptitude, English Comprehension, Teaching Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The candidates can go through the factual information under different subjects for the General Knowledge part, can follow some online platforms like Testbook, Gradup for regular mock tests and practice papers.
- English comprehension can be done through practicing grammar and basic vocabulary.
- The reasoning portion can be practiced through a reasoning book, practice paper.
- One can go through previous year's exam papers and regular mock tests for managing the time schedule and speed required for completing the paper on time.
B Pharmacy Admission 2022: FAQs
Ques. Is B Pharma better than B Sc?
Ans. B Pharma is a professional program in the pharmaceutical sector and B Sc is a general science program. Both the courses are good in their own ways and the thought of one is a better program varies based on one’s own interest in the field.
Ques. How is B Pharma at BITS Pilani?
Ans. The lab infrastructure in BITS Pilani is very good, the faculty members in the Pharma department are also very talented and experienced persons. The overall experience of B Pharma at BITS Pilani is good.
Ques. Can I enter into clinical research after completing B Pharma?
Ans. India is one of the preferred countries for performing clinical research. Statistics indicate that the clinical trial business of India has grown to 10% of the US in 2018 and due to this clinical industries will require about 50,000 clinical research professionals. Hence it will be of good scope for entering into clinical research after completing B Pharma.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for B Pharma admission 2022?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for B Pharma admission 2022 is that the candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology in class 12 and must have obtained a minimum of 45 - 50% of total marks. The minimum percentage may vary depending upon the university or institution.
Ques. What is the cutoff score for the B Pharma course at Manipal?
Ans. The cutoff score for the B Pharma course at Manipal is around 100 out of the total 200 marks in the entrance exams.
Ques. What are the documents required for B Pharma admission?
Ans. Documents like 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, NEET mark sheet, or any other entrance exam score card, community certificate, school transfer certificate, passport size photo are required for the B Pharma admission.
Ques. Is the starting salary for B Pharma and M Pharma the same?
Ans. No, starting salary after B Pharma and M Pharma is not the same, as the starting salary after B Pharma ranges from approximately 1.3 to 1.5 LPA and the starting salary after M Pharma ranges from approximately 1.7 to 2.2 LPA.
Ques. Is there a B Pharma admission in West Bengal without the WBJEE?
Ans. Most of the colleges in West Bengal perform B Pharma admission based on the WBJEE score only. Other than this, if a candidate wishes to get admission without appearing for WBJEE then he or she can go for the management quota.
Ques. Can I do B Pharma after completing a Diploma in Pharmacy?
Ans. Yes, candidates who completed Diploma in Pharmacy can directly apply for the lateral entry B Pharma admission from the second year onwards. B Pharma Admissions in India are mostly done based on an entrance exam