CAT Registration 2022 will start in the 1st week of August 2022. IIM will release the application forms on the official website- iimcat.ac.in.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD) from a recognized university can fill CAT Application Form.
- CAT 2022 Registration Fee is INR 2200 for GN Candidates and INR 1100 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Every year 2,00,000+ candidates register for CAT exam. As per past trends, CAT 2022 exam date will be Jan 27, 2022. Check CAT 2022 Exam Dates
- To complete CAT Registration, you have to also upload photograph, signature, category & disability certificates in the correct format and size. Check CAT Document Upload Guidelines
- While filling CAT 2022 application form you can choose up to 6 CAT 2022 Exam Centers out of the 425+ exam centers listed by the conducting IIM.
- CAT 2022 Form Correction window will be open for only 2-3 days after the registration ends. Registered candidates will be able to edit the application form for photograph, signature, and test center preference only. Read More CAT 2022 Form Correction
- As per the revised CAT Exam Pattern, the question paper will have 66 MCQs to be attempted in 120 minutes. Check CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Read the article to know more about the steps to complete CAT 2022 registration, important documents, registration fees, and other details.
CAT Registration Dates 2022
Candidates must ensure that they stay updated and register as soon as possible to get the exam city and center of their choice.
|CAT Registration Start Date||1st week of August 2022|
|CAT Registration Last Date||4th week of September 2022|
|CAT 2022 Form Correction||4th week of September 2022|
|CAT Exam Date 2022||November 27, 2022 (Tentative)|
Read More CAT 2022 Exam Dates
CAT 2022 Registration Statistics
CAT 2022 Registration Statistics will be updated after the conclusion of the exam in November 2022. Till then, you can check the previous year's CAT registration trends.
In CAT 2021, a total of 1.92 lakh students appeared out of 2.30 lakh registered candidates. Out of the 1.92 lakh candidates, 35% were female candidates and 65% were male candidates, & 2 were transgender candidates.
|Shifts||Candidates Scheduled||Candidates Present||Present %||Candidates Absent|
Documents Required for CAT Registration 2022
Before you start registering, make sure you keep these documents and information with you for the smooth completion of CAT registration process.
|Requisites at the time of Registration|
|Class 10 mark sheet||Class 12 mark sheet|
|Marksheet of graduation or equivalent diploma.||For candidates in the final year of graduation: mark sheet of the second year and final year certificate from college.|
|Details of work experience, if any||Scanned image of signature and photograph|
|Certificate of category scanned as PDF, in case applicable||Details for payment of application fees like net banking details, credit/debit card details, etc.|
|List of IIM programs you wish to apply for.||List of preferences for exam city and center.|
Format of Documents to be Uploaded in CAT 2022
Candidates will be required to upload all the documents in the CAT Application form as per the guidelines prescribed by the conducting body. Read More
- Photograph: CAT Photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background.
- EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the Certificate from the official CAT Website, enter the required information and self-attest, and scan it as a PDF document to upload while filling out the application form.
- PwD Certificate: Again the CAT 2022 aspiring candidates need to download the Certificate from the official CAT Website, enter the required information, self-attest it, scan it as a PDF document to upload while filling the application form.
|Required Documents for CAT Registration||Dimension||Minimum Resolution of Scanned Image||Format||File Size|
30 mm X 45 mm
|150 px/ inch|| |
.jpg or .jpeg
|<= 80 Kb|
80 mm X 35 mm
|150 px/ inch|| |
.jpg or .jpeg
|<= 80 Kb|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||Self-attested Scanned Copy||-||<=200 Kb|
|PwD Certificate||Self-attested Scanned Copy||-||<=200 Kb|
Quick Links of CAT Syllabus:
- CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- CAT Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- CAT Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
CAT Registration 2022: Guidelines Issued by IIM
Before registering for CAT 2022, candidates must go through the below-mentioned guidelines issued by IIM for ensuring error-free CAT registration:
- Ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to register for CAT 2022 to ensure non-cancellation of candidature later.
- Make sure that you have a valid email id and mobile number. Also, retain these till the admission process is completed as all the communication will be done through this email ID and mobile number.
- The fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be mandatorily filled to submit CAT application form.
- You can log out and exit any number of times to edit and complete later till you finish all steps in CAT registration.
- Keep ready all the information to be filled in the 6 sections of CAT application form- personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, test center, programs, and CAT registration fee.
- Make sure that you have the scanned images of the photograph & signature ready to be uploaded for CAT exam registration.
- Verify the accuracy and authenticity of the information entered in CAT application form 2022 before final submission.
Recommended Browsers for CAT Registration 2022
It is recommended to use the below-mentioned web browsers to ensure hassle-free completion of CAT registration:
- Google Chrome: Version 50 to 69
- Mozilla Firefox- Version 50 to 61
- Internet Explorer- Version 11 and above
CAT 2022 Registration: Steps to Apply
CAT 2022 registration is completely online. It can be easily done by candidates at home provided they have a stable internet connection and a suitable device. The application process is simple and following a few guidelines and steps properly helps you fill the CAT application form with ease. Here are all the necessary steps for CAT Registration:
Step 1: Generation of ID and Password
- Visit the official website for CAT 2022 Application: iimcat.ac.in
- Under the “New Candidate Registration” section, click on the “Registration” tab for New User registration.
- A new window will open for generating User Id and password. Fill in the required information(Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Country, and Email Address) to generate an OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate OTP and submit after entering the Captcha Code.
- Select I Agree and submit.
- After submitting the details, a message on the registered mobile number containing the Password and an email containing the User ID will be sent.
- After successful completion of the above steps, your login details(User Id and password) will be generated for completion of further process of CAT 2022 Application.
Step 2: Filling the CAT Application form 2022
- Now log in with your credentials generated in the above part under the “Registered Candidate Login” section on the website to complete the registration for CAT 2022.
- A new window will open to fill the CAT Application form.
- Fill in Personal Details:
- Firstly, fill in the personal details such as category, gender, parents’ information, address of correspondence, etc.
- Enter emergency contact details.
- Uploading of CAT Documents
- Photograph and signature are mandatory for everyone but the other certificates will be uploaded if you have filled yes in those particular columns.
- Photograph and signature, NC-OBC/SC/ST, and PWD Certificates need to be uploaded. Check CAT 2022 Photo Size, Dimension, Format, and Other Details
- Fill in Academic Details:
- Fill in your Academic details for classes 10, 12, graduation, postgraduation, and other professional degrees.
- Mention your grades/ CGPA/ percentage of marks, board/ university, and other details.
- Work Experience Details:
- Enter the details of work experience if any.
- It is not a mandatory field.
- Select Programmes:
- Select the IIM programs of your preference.
- Select the city for the interview process.
- Test City:
- Choosing the Exam city is the most significant decision while filling the CAT 2022 Application form so that it is convenient for you in terms of travel time and distance.
- Choose 6 preferences very wisely on this page.
Quick Links for CAT Preparation:
Step 3: Payment of CAT Application Fee
The detailed guide for making payment of the Application fee is given below:
- Select the appropriate payment method from the list.
- Check the declaration box and Select I Agree.
- Click on the “Submit & Pay” button.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Enter payment details as per your preference.
- After successful payment, you will receive a transaction number which you should note down.
CAT Registration Fee needs to be paid online only (Net banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card). The category-wise fee is given below:
|General/NC-OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Other Backward Classes)||INR 2200|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)/ST (Scheduled Tribe)||INR 1100|
|PwD (Persons with Disability)/DA (Differently Abled)||INR 1100|
Additional Transaction Fee for CAT 2022
- While paying online, there is an additional Transaction Processing Charge, which an applicant has to pay in addition to the application fees.
- The details of the additional charges incurred are given below:
|Payment Method||Additional Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the application fees, subject to a minimum of INR 5.|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||0.75% of the transaction amount for value upto 2000, subject to a minimum of INR 5|
|Net Banking||INR 20 for every transaction|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master)||If the application fee is less than or equal to INR 2000, then 0.75% of the application fees subject to a minimum of INR 5. If the application fees are more than INR 2000, then 1.00% of the application fees subject to a minimum of INR 5.|
Step 4: Confirmation of CAT 2022 Application submission
Once you have successfully submitted the fees, you will receive a confirmation email from the concerned CAT authorities regarding the successful submission of your CAT Application 2022. Please note that this email is very important for any further correspondence, so please do not delete it in any case.
CAT 2022 Registration: Test City Booking
- Choosing CAT 2022 Exam city is an important decision while filling the application form so that it is convenient for you in terms of travel time and distance.
- Candidates can choose 6 preferences based on the order of their choice.
- However, the final allotment of CAT exam center will be subject to the availability of seats in that particular center.
- CAT 2022 exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
CAT Form Correction 2022
CAT 2022 Form correction window will be activated soon after the completion of the registration process. CAT form correction can be accessed only for a period of 2-3 days. Only those candidates who will pay the online application fees will be able to make the correction in the application form. Candidates were able to edit the following during form correction:
- Photographs, signatures, or other documents can be modified.
- Applicants can make changes to the test city option.
Details that cannot be edited are:
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
How to Correct Disrcipency in CAT Documents?
Every year, the conducting IIM releases the guidelines for uploading the documents. If your document is not as per the specified guidelines then you can scan your images again and compress them to attain the required size.
- Passport Size Photograph 80kb
- Signature 80 kb
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate 200kb
- PwD/DA Certificate 200kb
Read More CAT 2022 Form Correction
CAT Registration 2022: Important Points to Remember
CAT 2022 Registration process requires clarity on certain points of error that you may commit while applying for the exam. It is very important that you do not make any mistakes while filling the CAT Application form as no changes will be allowed once the application is submitted, except for the signature and photograph. Follow the instructions below to avoid any mistake in application:
- Make sure you read all the instructions carefully before proceeding with the next step in the application.
- The NC-OBC, SC, ST, EWS, PwD Certificates are available on the official CAT website; make sure you download the same, self attest, and scan as Pdf for uploading in the Application form.
- Don’t forget to fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website if you need the services of a scribe of your choice.
- Ensure that on successful completion of CAT 2022 Application, you receive an email or SMS from CAT authorities regarding the same.
- Upload the images of scanned photograph, signature and category certificate in the right dimensions.
Forgot CAT 2022 Registration ID and Password?
If a candidate has forgotten his/ her CAT registration ID and password then they can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website and click on candidate login.
- After that, click on ‘Forgot Password or Forgot Registration Id’.
- You will be redirected to the password or registration Id generation page.
- Reset your password by generating an OTP or by answering the security question. Similarly, to get the registration Id an OPT will be shared on the registered mobile number.
CAT Study Notes for Preparation:
CAT Registration Trends of Last 5 Years
Candidates can see a continuous rise in CAT registration over the past 5 years. An increase in CAT 2022 Registration is also expected.
|Year||Total Number of Registration|
|CAT Previous Year Question Papers of Quant||CAT DILR Previous Year Question Papers||CAT VARC Previous Year Question Papers|
CAT Registration 2022 FAQs
Ques. Is there any age limit to fill CAT Registration Form 2022?
Ans. Candidates up to any age can fill CAT Registration Form. However, they need to possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate. The candidates need to go through the eligibility criteria for CAT before appearing for the same.
Ques. What is the deadline for CAT Registration Form?
Ans. CAT Registration last date will be in the 4th week of September and soon after that, the authority will start the form correction facility to edit a few details in the duly filled form.
Ques. Can the students submit CAT Registration Form offline?
Ans. CAT Registration Form will be released in an online mode only. There will be no provision to submit the forms offline. Hence, the candidates are advised to keep a tab on the exam dates of CAT and submit the registration form on time.
Ques. Is the hard copy of the CAT Registration Form allowed as a gateway to the examination center?
Ans. No, the candidates can’t use the hard copy of the CAT Registration Form as a gateway to the examination center. The students won’t be allowed to enter if they don’t produce the admit card of CAT. The students are advised to carefully preserve their admit cards and reach the examination center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled exam.
Ques. Which documents should be kept in hand while filling CAT Registration Form?
Ans. While filling the CAT Registration Form, the candidates need to keep in hand the following documents.
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- Date of Birth Proof
- Address Proof
- Scanned image of signature
- Scanned image of photograph
- Caste Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD category certificate (if applicable)
Ques. Is there a provision in the CAT Registration Form to choose the medium of language?
Ans. The candidates do not have a provision to choose the medium of language in the CAT Registration Form. CAT is a national-level test and is conducted in English medium only. The candidates need to go through CAT Exam Pattern to get an idea of the exam.
Ques. How can one make corrections in CAT Registration Form?
Ans. Yes, the candidates can make corrections in CAT Registration Form. However, this can be done only when the authorities open the Form Correction Window. It is expected that for this session, the form correction window will be released in the fourth week of September 2022
Ques. Can foreign candidates fill CAT Registration Form?
Ans. Yes, the foreign candidates can fill CAT Registration Form and appear for the exam. However, they need to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Ques. Who should the students contact in case of queries in the CAT Registration Form?
Ans. The students who have queries related to CAT Registration Form, Application and Payment Processing, Document uploading can contact on the following number and email id. 1-800-209-0830 (Toll Free) - Call email@example.com
Ques: I am awaiting my final year exams to take place and have my 5th semester marksheet with me. What details should I put in the CAT application form?
Ans: If candidates do not have their final year marksheet with them- awaiting exams or results-they should provide the latest data available with them in the registration form.
Ques. I have completed my Bachelor’s degree recently, and my University follows the grading system. How do I enter marks scored in CAT Applicaion Form?
Ans. If your mark sheet contains the equivalent percentage for the respective grades, you will enter the percentage equivalent to the grade scored by you. If it’s not given, then contact your university and procure the equivalent percentage for your grade score for completing CAT Registration.
Ques. I have completed my dual degree program (B.Tech.+M.Tech. or B.Tech.+M.Sc. or BS+MS). How should I fill my aggregate percentage for my Bachelor's program?
Ans. If you have done dual degrees, you can fill the aggregate of marks which are equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. If there are marks given in the Master’s category, fill it in the section for Master’s degree details while doing CAT Registration.
Ques. I have completed my education in the 10+2+2/10+1+1+2 pattern. How do I fill in my Bachelor’s degree details during CAT Registration?
Ans. First ascertain that your degree is recognized by UGC, AIU or other equivalent bodies. If your degree is recognized, you can fill in the details as given below
- Enter 10thmarks in the respective field.
- Enter 12thor next two year’s marks in 12th/HSC field.
- In the field for Bachelor’s degree marks select duration as 3 years and enter the respective marks. You must not forget to select the year of commencement and completion of the program accordingly.
Ques. I have changed my name by following the due procedure; however, my degree certificate still bears my old name. Which name should I enter in the field for a Candidate's name under CAT Registration?
Ans. You have to enter your changed name, but you will have to produce relevant documents at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Ques. My Aadhar card has a different surname, and on the class 10 certificate it is different. So which name should I put in CAT Application Form?
Ans. Put the name as printed on the aadhar card and get the same name printed on class 10 certificate by following the required process.
Ques. I cannot see a place to give details of my category in the CAT registration form. I am suffering from polio?
Ans. The details of the physical disability have to be uploaded in the application form and not during basic registration.
Ques. I am from a remote area. The internet is slow in my district, and I tried to fill the registration process several times, but the internet does not let it happen. Can I fill it in offline mode?
Ans. No, it has to be filled in the online mode only. You can wait and keep on trying or go to a cybercafe to work with the CAT registration process.
Ques. If I am from a reserved category, do I have to register on the same CAT website as general category students do, or is there another for reserved category students?
Ans. Only one website is there for reserved and non-reserved category candidates. There is no such difference.
Ques. I was working with the registration process, and the system went down. Now I am trying to re-login with my credentials, but it is not accepting my details. What to do?
Ans. If your registration was successful, then send an email describing the issue to the authorities else do the registration again.
Ques. I have two email ids which I use personally, which email ID can I use for the CAT 2022 registration. Is there any preference for new email id over old?
Ans. No, use only 1 email id, as too many will create trouble. Keep it the same for the entire process.
Ques. My graduation marksheets have a different name from my class 10 certificate. Will this affect my CAT registration process?
Ans. No this will not affect the registration but will affect the application process. So it is advised that get this error corrected.
Ques. I am trying to open the CAT application form in Bing. It is not opening. Can you tell me why?
Ans. The application form will work only in Google chrome or firefox or IE version 8 or above. The portal does not support any other system in the middle.
Ques. I am a female category candidate. I applied for SSC, and in that, I am getting a discount in the application fee. I do not get the same in CAT 2022. How can I get the concession in the CAT application fee?
Ans. There is no provision of the reduced application fee for the female category candidates. The reserved category candidates can only get the concession in the application fee.
Ques. Which are the supported browsers for CAT Registration?
Ans. Candidates should use the following versions of web browsers for filling CAT Application Form:
- Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or
- Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above) or
- Google Chrome (version 59 and above) or
- Microsoft Edge
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.