Shri Ram College of Commerce commonly known as SRCC is affiliated to Delhi University. The college is primarily known for its Commerce, Management and Economics streams. There are 8 academic departments in SRCC like, Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Hindi, Political Science and few others. Shri Ram College of Commerce offers two UG and PG courses and one PG Diploma course. In Undergraduate curriculum, the college offers B.A and B.com. B.A course and for Postgraduate level M.A and M.Com courses are offered.
SRCC was established in 1926 and is located in the North Campus of Delhi University. NAAC has accredited the college with a Grade 'A+'. NIRF 2021 ranked SRCC at 10th position and India Today 2021 has ranked it 1st in the Commerce category. The college has a disciplined, progressive, lively and healthy environment where advanced holistic learning is provided with the help of technology. It emphasizes three facets of integrated learning, such as, physical, intellectual and value education.
The college promotes academic excellence by providing meritorious students with financial aid. There are several scholarship facilitations such as SRCC's Students Union Scholarship, SRCC Alumni Association Scholarship, Sultan Chand Trust Scholarship and many more.
The college provides various facilities like library, sports hostels, auditorium and so on. The college also offers placement facilities to the aspirants. The cell not only offers placements but also internships, fellowships and articleships too.
SRCC Quick Updates
- SRCC is ranked 1 in the Commerce Category by India Today and Outlook in 2021.
- The college offers a total number 18 scholarships to the students who are meritorious and coming from poor economical backgrounds, such as:
- SRCC's Students Union Scholarship
- SRCC Alumni Association Scholarship
- Sultan Chand Trust Scholarship
- Mitsubishi UFJ Foundation Scholarship
- Envision Scholarship, MC Shukla Scholarship
- T.S. Grewal Scholarship
- Kanwar Lal Memorial Scholarship
- C.B.Gupta Memorial Scholarship
- Prem Handa Memorial Scholarship and a lot more.
- SRCC has a placement cell which is an expert body integrated for facilitating recruitment. The college organises two kinds of placement, Summer Placements and Final Placements. The highest salary package offered was INR 31 LPA and median salary package was offered at INR 5.2 LPA. Top companies which participate in the placement drives are, Deloitte, McKinsey & Company, BCG, Google, J.P. Morgan and many more.
- SRCC offers a PG Diploma course in Global Business Operations. The course provides decent placement opportunities to students. The highest salary package offered was INR 18.91 LPA. The diploma course has internship offers too wherein the highest salary package was offered at INR 80,000. Companies like NIIT, KPMG, Mahindra, HCL, Wipro, SBI etc. are among the top recruiters.Read more: SRCC Cutoff
SRCC Rankings & Accreditations
- Ranked 10 by NIRF Ranking 2021 for the Overall Category
- Ranked 1 by Outlook 2021 for Commerce
- Ranked 1 by India Today Ranking 2021 for Commerce
- Ranked 1 by The Week Ranking 2021 for Commerce
- SRCC is accredited by NAAC Grade 'A+'.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce is affiliated to Delhi University.
- SRCC is approved by UGC.
Read more: SRCC Rankings
SRCC Courses & Fees
The SRCC offers 2 courses in UG and 3 courses at PG level. There are details of courses in tabular format:
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Criteria|
|B.A (Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should have passed 10+2 level with 45% marks in aggregate
|B.Com (Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must pass 10+2 level with 45% marks in aggregate
|M.A||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Students must have done graduation in related fields
|M.Com||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants need to pass a Bachelor's degree in related fields
|PG Diploma in Global Business Operations||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should pass graduation in related disciplines
|Entrance Exam followed by GD & PI
Read more: SRCC Courses & Fees
SRCC Cut off 2021
|Course||1st Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||2nd Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||3rd Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||Special Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||4th Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||5th Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||Special Drive Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||2nd Special Drive Cutoff 2021 (Gen)|
|B.A (Hons.) Economics||100||99.75||99.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
SRCC Admission Process 2022
Application Procedure is different for UG, PG and PG Diploma curriculum at SRCC :
UG and PG Program:
- Visit the official website of Delhi University.
- Create a profile.
- Fill up the application form carefully.
- The cutoffs will be calculated based on the marks. For UG admission it will be marks of 10+2 level exam and for PG admission, entrance exam scores.
- Eligible candidates need to visit the college and get their documents verified in the department for which admission is granted. The students should pay the admission fee.
PG Diploma candidates:
- Visit the college website and submit the application form and documents for the entrance test - https://www.srccgbo.edu.in/
- The application form of PG Diploma needs to be downloaded from the college website, NOT from the DU portal.
- Selected candidates need to go through group discussion and personal interview.
- Once merit list is prepared, selected candidates need to visit the college for verification.
Read more: SRCC Admission
SRCC's placement cell facilitates UG courses like B.A (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.). The placement cell is an expert body integrated for facilitating recruitment. The college organises two kinds of placement, one is Summer Placements and another is Final Placements. In the placement drives of the college, there are 100+ recruiting companies which have offered over 320 job opportunities to the aspirants. Top recruiting companies offer not only placements but also fellowships, internships and articleships.
The participating companies offer jobs related to finance, HR, Marketing and other departments. The details of the placement is given below in the tabulated form:
|Highest Package||INR 31 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 6 LPA|
|Median Package||INR 5.2 LPA|
|Gross Value of Placement||INR 19.71 Crores|
Companies which participated in the placement drives are:
|BCG||D E Shaw & Co|
|McKinsey & Company||LEK Consulting|
Read more: SRCC Placement
SRCC offers various scholarship programs to the meritorious and economically poor background students. The college offers a total number of 18 scholarship aids to the aspirants. The details of the scholarships are given below:
- SRCC's Students Union Scholarships: The two need-cum-merit scholarships are awarded to the students of B.A (Hons.) Economics and B.Com (Hons.). The reward is INR 12K per annum for the students of second year.
- SRCC Alumni Association Scholarship: This one need-cum-merit scholarship is for the students of 1st year of B.A (Hons.) Economics or B.Com (Hons.). If the students can score average 60% marks in aggregate in the second and third semester then the scholarship aid will be continued. The reward of the scholarship is 12K per annum.
- Sultan Chand Trust Scholarship: The two scholarships are for the students of 2nd year and 3rd year of B.Com (Hons.). These will be provided only to the students who are toppers. The amount is 12K per annum.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Foundation Scholarship: This scholarship facility can avail 12 students of UG curriculum and it will be provided to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year of the students. Only 3 students of B.Com (Hons.) and one student of B.A (Hons.) Economics can have this opportunity. To avail this aid the candidates need to get 75% in the previous examination with 25% in the interview. This scholarship can be availed both by General category and reservation categories. The reward is for US $420 each of the students.
Other scholarships are:
- MC Shukla Scholarship
- T.S. Grewal Scholarship
- Kanwar Lal Memorial Scholarship
- C.B.Gupta Memorial Scholarship
- Prem Handa Memorial Scholarship
- Pt. Kanahya Lal Dayawanti Punj Scholarship
- Manoj Kumar Memorial Scholarship
- College Scholarship
- KPMG Scholarship
- Scholarship for Reservation Categories
- All India Entrance Scholarship
- Students Aid Fund and Fee Concession
- Neeru Singh and Analjit Singh Scholarship
Read more: SRCC Scholarship
- Library: The college has a good stock of books and resources in the central library. The library consists of 80 thousand books, subscription of 80 national, international journals, magazines, daily newspapers. The library has seating capacity of 300 students at a time. There are not only printed materials but also resources in electronic forms like CD ROM, DVD ROM, Video Cassette etc.
- Hostel: The SRCC offers both girls and boys hostel facilities. The girls hostel has 53 and boys hostel has 144 accommodation facilities along with other amenities such as mess, common room, laundry services and Wifi. The girls hostel is named Shri Ram Memorial Girl Hostel and boys hostel is Shri Ram College of Commerce.
- Sports: The SRCC has sport's facilities in innumerable games such as Aquatics, Archery, Badminton, Ball Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Chess, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Judo, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Yoga and so on. The is a multipurpose sports stadium, fitness centre, physiotherapy center, swimming pool etc.
- Faculty: The faculty at SRCC is highly equipped with the knowledge required in the current world. The members of the faculty are graduates from the eminent colleges of Canada, The United States and India. The college has experienced faculty across all the departments. The number of faculties college has:
- Associate Professors: 25+
- Assistant Professors: 10+
- One of the most experienced economics and commerce faculty with more than 20+ staff members Check: SRCC Faculty
Other facilities provided by the college are :
- College Auditorium
- Seminar Room
- Health Infrastructure
- Computer labs
- Virtual lab
Read more: SRCC Reviews
Ques. What are the functions of the Centre for Green Initiatives at SRCC?
Ques. What are the workshops done regarding the International Program at SRCC?
Ques. What are the arrangements included in student's society at SRCC?
Ques. What kind of quota facilities are available at SRCC?
Ques. What is the scenario of placement facility in PG Diploma at SRCC?